C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Film Tinting?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 11:13 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
009 BENZ C300
Film Tinting?

My car is on lease so my dealer was like you could do anything on it but it has to be returned how you got it. I wanted to get the windows tinted 20% all around. The dealer was like you can get it film tinted but wouldn't film tint look cheap and start forming bubbles like you see in lot of soccer mom vans lol. Also i wanted to get my tail lights film tinted aswell has any1 done this before does it look cheap or good please show pics .
Old 11-16-2008, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Most window tints are done with ceramic or metallic film. They'll last as long as your lease most likely, unless you opt for those cheap tints from places that advertise off a van next to the road.

Film tinted tails will never look as good as painted, but as this is a lease vehicle, you don't have much choice. It's fine if it's done well though.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:09 AM

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
GLA45 AMG, GLC43 AMG
I lease all my cars, and all are always tinted, and not once did a dealership complain when the car was brought back due to window tinting, usually it enhances the car and adds value to it, as long as it's done correctly and it's not all full of bubbles and peeling once you return the car. As well window tint can be removed, window cleaned and it will be as the day you picked it up.

The 20% might be too dark on the front doors, but you can remove it if the dealership don't like it, ask them, but don't have them remove it, they might charge for the time spent doing it.

Cheers
Old 11-16-2008, 11:41 AM

You should have no problem tinting your windows on a lease plus they will never say anything about that when you turn it in. As far as taillight film goes you can easily remove this before turing it in. All you do is heat it up with a hair dryer and start pealing from one edge. Heat is the key to this and the film will not damage you lights.......it will protect them. Were you looking at fully smoking your lights?
Old 11-16-2008, 11:56 AM

2008 C350 Sport, 2007 ML320 CDI
Same here. I've never had a problem when I turned in a car that I'd tinted. In fact, it's never been mentioned.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Almost a Member!

009 BENZ C300
Thanks guys for the info

Originally Posted by Aggressive
You should have no problem tinting your windows on a lease plus they will never say anything about that when you turn it in. As far as taillight film goes you can easily remove this before turing it in. All you do is heat it up with a hair dryer and start pealing from one edge. Heat is the key to this and the film will not damage you lights.......it will protect them. Were you looking at fully smoking your lights?
Im thinking doing medium not to dark on the tail lights with leaving the white part un-tinted