C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Updates on my repair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350 4matic Obsidian Black
Updates on my repair

Well, as some of the members here may heard about my situation with the windshield wipers skipping and flapping, my bluetooth echo and ring volume error, and updates on the command, I just pickup my car yesterday and I thought I might as well give u guys an update.

It turns out that the skipping has nothing to do with the wipers, the arms, or the motor. Its the windshield . we've tried changing the wipers twice, adjust and replace the arms, tested the motor, and finally we use a special solution from mercedes benz and apparently found out that the windshield was contaminated. How?! maybe from shipping? I donno but thats what they said. So they finally replace a brand new windshield and tada!! clean and smooth.

I told my service manager that the while using the bluetooth, sometimes ppl from the receiving end would hear echo and its quite annoying. And plus the ring volume always reset to the loud ring everytime I turn it down. He said there is an update for the echo problem on the bluetooth but not sure about the ring volume. Well, echo is fixed but ring volume still there. My conclusion is that to use a different phone (prefer NOKIA) other than Sony Ericsson cause it work perfectly when I use Nokia N82.

As for the command update. I sort of use mb_horse thread and send it to my mobile mb tech guy and explain to him that there is an update with command. At first they don't seem to know about it, but you have to show it to them with proof of sort. Anyway, I got the update. I have the audio fadeout option for navi and plus new background I guess.

Overall, I am very happy with my updated version of my command and all the fix. I am also very happy with the mobile bc tech who help me and constantly kept me updated. My car was repair by richmond auto mall mb dealership and my advice is to feel free to keep bugging the service advisor until you get the service manager. The service manager will make sure u get it resolve. You are entitle to BUG them until ur car is fully fixed because you own a benz and its warrantteed. At least thats what I've experienced.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by JCOnizuka
Well, as some of the members here may heard about my situation with the windshield wipers skipping and flapping, my bluetooth echo and ring volume error, and updates on the command, I just pickup my car yesterday and I thought I might as well give u guys an update.

It turns out that the skipping has nothing to do with the wipers, the arms, or the motor. Its the windshield . we've tried changing the wipers twice, adjust and replace the arms, tested the motor, and finally we use a special solution from mercedes benz and apparently found out that the windshield was contaminated. How?! maybe from shipping? I donno but thats what they said. So they finally replace a brand new windshield and tada!! clean and smooth.

I told my service manager that the while using the bluetooth, sometimes ppl from the receiving end would hear echo and its quite annoying. And plus the ring volume always reset to the loud ring everytime I turn it down. He said there is an update for the echo problem on the bluetooth but not sure about the ring volume. Well, echo is fixed but ring volume still there. My conclusion is that to use a different phone (prefer NOKIA) other than Sony Ericsson cause it work perfectly when I use Nokia N82.

As for the command update. I sort of use mb_horse thread and send it to my mobile mb tech guy and explain to him that there is an update with command. At first they don't seem to know about it, but you have to show it to them with proof of sort. Anyway, I got the update. I have the audio fadeout option for navi and plus new background I guess.

Overall, I am very happy with my updated version of my command and all the fix. I am also very happy with the mobile bc tech who help me and constantly kept me updated. My car was repair by richmond auto mall mb dealership and my advice is to feel free to keep bugging the service advisor until you get the service manager. The service manager will make sure u get it resolve. You are entitle to BUG them until ur car is fully fixed because you own a benz and its warrantteed. At least thats what I've experienced.
Hey, you have a new background on your MM now? How does it look?
Old 11-28-2008, 09:16 PM

C350 4matic Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by micropower99
Hey, you have a new background on your MM now? How does it look?
Well, the only background difference I can tell was when I go to the system menu, it show a slick clock on the background. I didn't really notice anything else. But hey, I only have 4500 km on my car so Im not too sure what else has changed.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:58 AM

Mercedes S204 C320 CDI
Originally Posted by JCOnizuka

Thanks for the feedback. I was particulary interested in the windshield wipers thing for which your dealer found a solution. Let's see if other forum members, when going for their maintenance revisions, get this issue fixed as well since it seems to me like a general factory problem with our cars (have it too).
Old 11-30-2008, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
I'm glad you got all the issues resolve
Old 11-30-2008, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Sometimes you need to polish the windshield. Pretty common.