C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Rain sensors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 Mars Red C350
Question Rain sensors?

Is it true that if you leave your windows and sunroof open and it starts raining that the rain sensors will automatically close all windows and the sunroof?
Old 12-28-2008, 07:16 PM

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
GLA45 AMG, GLC43 AMG
try it......

seriously, you can try it, I would but we are in the middle of winter...and it would just freeze...

the sensor is on the windshield, where the mirror is,,,

now if you open up and then get a hose and gently allow water to go one the sensor, this should make it think it's raining, and should do as we keep thinking...

at least you won't get water in the car...this way...

give it a shot...
Old 12-28-2008, 07:30 PM

03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by bigdeewash
Is it true that if you leave your windows and sunroof open and it starts raining that the rain sensors will automatically close all windows and the sunroof?
sounds like complete but try it and see what happens
Old 12-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Almost a Member!

2008 C300
Originally Posted by bigdeewash
i think only euro spec cars does that with the rain sensor option. I tried on my C300, and NO the windows wont close when it started raining with the rain sensor on.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:18 PM

W204
Originally Posted by newtonlaw
i think only euro spec cars does that with the rain sensor option. I tried on my C300, and NO the windows wont close when it started raining with the rain sensor on.
Is your key in the 'on' position? If it is then it won't work. The car is smart enough to know that the driver is in the car, that the driver is in control. So it won't close automatically when it detects rain in this case.

The rain closing feature will only work if the key is removed. When there is no key, the car thinks that the driver is not around, it has to take care of itself when it rains by closing the panorama roof.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Almost a Member!

2008 C300
Originally Posted by tategoi
Is your key in the 'on' position? If it is then it won't work. The car is smart enough to know that the driver is in the car, that the driver is in control. So it won't close automatically when it detects rain in this case.

The rain closing feature will only work if the key is removed. When there is no key, the car thinks that the driver is not around, it has to take care of itself when it rains by closing the panorama roof.
wow, that means the rain sensor is always on when we park our car with the windows open?
have u tried it before?