Airbag Enabled Message - MBWorld.org Forums

Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
Airbag Enabled Message > Airbag Enabled Message
Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008-Present: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbag Enabled Message

Reply

 
 
Old 01-16-2009, 02:23 AM
  #1
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
aprince2die4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 458
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
08-C350 black/black
Airbag Enabled Message

has anyone had this message come up yet?
Attached Thumbnails Airbag Enabled Message-photo.jpg  
aprince2die4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:13 AM
  #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
E350 4MATIC
Not yet.
Hellomatto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:03 PM
  #3
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Azn_C300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chino Hills, CA
Posts: 3,806
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
happened once. Not a big deal. I believe it only comes up when you confuse the car's passenger sensor by adding/removing weight on the seat. As you know, it detects if there's anyone sitting in the passenger seat, then enables the airbag accordingly. For me, I was driving and had a heavy box on the passenger floor, but at a stop light, lifted it up and placed it on the passenger seat, causing the car to detect a passenger in that seat, triggering that message while driving.
Azn_C300 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:41 PM
  #4
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
acr2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,078
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Azn_C300 View Post
happened once. Not a big deal. I believe it only comes up when you confuse the car's passenger sensor by adding/removing weight on the seat. As you know, it detects if there's anyone sitting in the passenger seat, then enables the airbag accordingly. For me, I was driving and had a heavy box on the passenger floor, but at a stop light, lifted it up and placed it on the passenger seat, causing the car to detect a passenger in that seat, triggering that message while driving.
+1 You get this message if weight is added to the seat without opening the door, causing the airbag to activate, yet the car thinks no one entered that side of the car, so it's telling you something isn't quite right. You also get the message "Passenger airbag disabled" if the opposite happens, and weight comes off the seat without opening the door.
acr2001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:44 PM
  #5
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
aprince2die4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 458
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
08-C350 black/black
Originally Posted by Azn_C300 View Post
happened once. Not a big deal. I believe it only comes up when you confuse the car's passenger sensor by adding/removing weight on the seat. As you know, it detects if there's anyone sitting in the passenger seat, then enables the airbag accordingly. For me, I was driving and had a heavy box on the passenger floor, but at a stop light, lifted it up and placed it on the passenger seat, causing the car to detect a passenger in that seat, triggering that message while driving.
hey thanx....yea I did hope from the driver to the passanger side over the console thats prolly what triggered it...
aprince2die4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:46 PM
  #6
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
aprince2die4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 458
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
08-C350 black/black
Originally Posted by acr2001 View Post
+1 You get this message if weight is added to the seat without opening the door, causing the airbag to activate, yet the car thinks no one entered that side of the car, so it's telling you something isn't quite right. You also get the message "Passenger airbag disabled" if the opposite happens, and weight comes off the seat without opening the door.
yea I never opened the passenger door just hoped over...thanx
aprince2die4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:25 PM
  #7
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Sportstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 4,975
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
2015 228i
Yes...after an improper center stack warning that PAB was off while an adult was sitting in the passenger seat. Took the car to service and they reprogrammed OCS.....no recurrence.
Sportstick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:27 PM
  #8
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
acr2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,078
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Yes...after an improper center stack warning that PAB was off while an adult was sitting in the passenger seat. Took the car to service and they reprogrammed OCS.....no recurrence.
Maybe I don't understand what you're saying? The problem posted would require no dealer or repair as its perfectly normal...

Edit: I think I gotcha - yours was turning off while an adult was sitting there.
acr2001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:40 PM
  #9
Super Member
 
myinternetsucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Fresno, Central California
Posts: 518
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Merc C300 sport, arctic white, P1, MM/Navi, iPod kit, 20% Tint, C63 Grill, X-Pipe, HID DDM Kit
ya happen to me too, i put a big thing of tide from costco in the front seat started the car, moved the tide to the back, then back to the front seat and got that message.
myinternetsucks is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
06e3504matic
E-Class (W211)
1
09-28-2015 03:05 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:28 PM.


Copyright 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: