MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   iPhone Help - C300 (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/294737-iphone-help-c300.html)

boltsfan 04-27-2009 10:00 AM

iPhone Help - C300

I have successfully paired two separate iPhones for me and my wife on our new C300. I realize I cannot import the contacts as the iPhone does not support pushing data via bluetooth (yet).

Although... is it possible to put contacts on my old Razr and then pair it with the C300, upload contacts and then de-authorize it? I assume the contacts would remain even though the phone (Razr) was de-authorized?

Thanks!

Nevada Jack 04-27-2009 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by boltsfan (Post 3490512)
I have successfully paired two separate iPhones for me and my wife on our new C300. I realize I cannot import the contacts as the iPhone does not support pushing data via bluetooth (yet).

Although... is it possible to put contacts on my old Razr and then pair it with the C300, upload contacts and then de-authorize it? I assume the contacts would remain even though the phone (Razr) was de-authorized?

Thanks!

I think that would work. Once imported it should work for you.

I just transferred my iPhone phone book using the PCMCIA slot. I converted my address book entries to vCard format using a Apple program. Then I put those files on the card and imported the vCard data into the COMAND HD. Worked fine and I have my iPhone contacts showing in COMAND... also works with Voice.

boltsfan 04-27-2009 11:28 AM

You only have the PCMCIA slot with the Nav right?

Nevada Jack 04-27-2009 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by boltsfan (Post 3490656)
You only have the PCMCIA slot with the Nav right?

I guess...? It is a separate option but comes standard with Nav I think.

FrankW 04-28-2009 06:16 AM

PCMCIA slot only with the MM package.

btw, I have a Razr V8 and tried everything and still couldn't send any contacts over.

aprince2die4 04-28-2009 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by boltsfan (Post 3490512)

Thanks!

yes you can transfer the contacts with a different phone and deauthorize it and the contacts will stay...

boltsfan 04-28-2009 09:56 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Charging my old Razr and will try tonight.

dcarterc 06-09-2009 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Nevada Jack (Post 3490564)
I think that would work. Once imported it should work for you.

I just transferred my iPhone phone book using the PCMCIA slot. I converted my address book entries to vCard format using a Apple program. Then I put those files on the card and imported the vCard data into the COMAND HD. Worked fine and I have my iPhone contacts showing in COMAND... also works with Voice.

Nevada Jack - Question for you. I need to do what you did because my crappy Motorola Q9m won't sync the contacts. What Apple program did you use to export your contacts to Vcard (.vcf)?

Also once you get it on the PCMCIA card how do you copy them onto the Command HD? Did you select 'Receive Contacts' or whatever that option is from the phone menu?

Thanks!

Nevada Jack 06-09-2009 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by dcarterc (Post 3566376)
Nevada Jack - Question for you. I need to do what you did because my crappy Motorola Q9m won't sync the contacts. What Apple program did you use to export your contacts to Vcard (.vcf)?

Also once you get it on the PCMCIA card how do you copy them onto the Command HD? Did you select 'Receive Contacts' or whatever that option is from the phone menu?

Thanks!

I think I used this program in the Demo version. Converted all my address book content to vCard, then transferred that to a CF card and used the PCMCIA slot. In COMAND I think I set it on Import and to my surprise all the files ended up in the right place...:-) Check the COMAND manual for details on transferring contacts. Hope this is helpful.

Here is the URL for the program:
http://software.dibomedia.de/products/show/1

C300PO 06-09-2009 06:52 PM

I used my Moto Roker and the contacts transfered perfectly...however I had to do them one at a time...took a few minutes but they work perfectly...

dcarterc 06-10-2009 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Nevada Jack (Post 3566450)
I think I used this program in the Demo version. Converted all my address book content to vCard, then transferred that to a CF card and used the PCMCIA slot. In COMAND I think I set it on Import and to my surprise all the files ended up in the right place...:-) Check the COMAND manual for details on transferring contacts. Hope this is helpful.

Here is the URL for the program:
http://software.dibomedia.de/products/show/1

Hey Nevada Jack,

Thanks for all the very helpful info. Actually did you know you could export your contacts as vCards right from Address Book by just right-clicking on the group you want to export? I just found that out yesterday so no add'l Mac software needed.

Anyway I did this, placed them on my compact flash card and successfully imported them to my address book! So happy I got this to work! Does anyone know if there's a limit to the number of addresses you can have? I have 185 contacts, all of which appear to be there I think but I haven't gone through and counted and don't plan to. I did a spot check and all the important one's appear to be there.

Thanks again for all the help!

Nevada Jack 06-11-2009 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by dcarterc (Post 3568575)
Hey Nevada Jack,

Thanks for all the very helpful info. Actually did you know you could export your contacts as vCards right from Address Book by just right-clicking on the group you want to export? I just found that out yesterday so no add'l Mac software needed.

Anyway I did this, placed them on my compact flash card and successfully imported them to my address book! So happy I got this to work! Does anyone know if there's a limit to the number of addresses you can have? I have 185 contacts, all of which appear to be there I think but I haven't gone through and counted and don't plan to. I did a spot check and all the important one's appear to be there.

You are welcome.

Just pre-purchased the iPhone 3Gs so will be paring that and removing the original iPhone. If I have a problem, knowing the vCard can be exported directly from the Address Book will assist me. Thanks.

gevorgjaan 08-07-2009 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by dcarterc (Post 3568575)
Hey Nevada Jack,

__________________________________________________ ____

Hey! I have a question.
So I exported my contacts as vCards, but can't figure out a way to upload them into my c300. You said you used a flash card, where did you plug it in though? My car does not have a PCMCIA input below the volume control. Not sure why. Is there any other way to import? Can it be done through the iPod input in the glove box? Thanks a lot! :-)