MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Open Trunk?? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/296280-open-trunk.html)

park423 05-05-2009 07:00 PM

Open Trunk??

I have an 09 C300

Twice now I have come out and found my car with the trunk open. My doors are all locked but the trunk open. I know if I push the trunk open button on my remote, it only opens the trunk but keeps the doors locked, however, I know didn't unknowingly push this button.

Anyone else have this issue?

I really like the car but the longer I have it, the more same old gremlins are showing up (slow reverse, rear wheel brake dust etc)

Thanks

AL_ATC 05-05-2009 07:19 PM

it happened to me once, I though I hit the button acidently.

who8888 05-05-2009 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by park423 (Post 3506635)
I have an 09 C300

Twice now I have come out and found my car with the trunk open. My doors are all locked but the trunk open. I know if I push the trunk open button on my remote, it only opens the trunk but keeps the doors locked, however, I know didn't unknowingly push this button.

I really like the car but the longer I have it, the more same old gremlins are showing up (slow reverse, rear wheel brake dust etc)

Thanks

That is really strange. Never happened to me at all. You sure you butt did not open the trunk like the T-mobile butt calling commercial :rolf: J/K

I think there is an emergency button(Green) inside the trunk that would pop the trunk open. Maybe that is jammed or activated somehow :nix:

itcrashed 05-05-2009 10:32 PM

its happened to be a couple of times...
i keep my keys in my front pocket and when i bend down to to tie my shoes (wearing jeans) i inadvertently squeeze the trunk button. i guess im a fat ass lol

kaku 05-05-2009 10:33 PM

may i suggest .. wearing baggy jeans? =]

jstaneff 05-05-2009 10:37 PM

This has been discussed previously. Your pants are too tight. When you bend over, you're pressing the open trunk button.

Happens to me now and again. I have a new nightly routine: look in the garage to see if the trunk is popped!

who8888 05-05-2009 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by jstaneff (Post 3506964)
This has been discussed previously. Your pants are too tight. When you bend over, you're pressing the open trunk button.

Happens to me now and again. I have a new nightly routine: look in the garage to see if the trunk is popped!

You still have your keys inside your pocket when you are @ Home :nix:

park423 05-05-2009 10:50 PM

I wish it was that simple, I don't have my keys in my pocket and i'm pretty far away from car. That's whats strange about this, i wonder if another cars remote frequency is causing my trunk only to pop open, doors stay locked

RLE 05-06-2009 12:04 AM

Open

Originally Posted by park423 (Post 3506992)
I wish it was that simple, I don't have my keys in my pocket and i'm pretty far away from car. That's whats strange about this, i wonder if another cars remote frequency is causing my trunk only to pop open, doors stay locked

I think it's you. I too have inadvertently pressed the trunk button when turning the key in the ignition slot. Too many times I've had to jump out and slam the lid closed.

jstaneff 05-06-2009 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by who8888 (Post 3506975)
You still have your keys inside your pocket when you are @ Home :nix:

Well, you never know when you might need to go somewhere :)

Yes, sometimes I do that. But it's also true I keep them in a small straw basket and other things get dropped down on top of them. Whoops! The trunk just opened, again!

I think a slide switch would be a better approach ....

TB5... 05-06-2009 01:08 PM

ahahhaahh stop wearing those extra smedium pants...

let your nuts breathe!! and in turn you wont crush your remote every time you bend from the hip!

who8888 05-06-2009 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by park423 (Post 3506992)

Strange indeed. Ask your SA next time when you are at the shop. Maybe you have a bad trunk latch? Good luck. Hope it does not pop open when you are :zoom: around town :eek:

Sanjuro Makabe 05-07-2009 06:26 PM

I have an 09 C300

Thanks

happened to me as well, my manager came to me and said, why is your trunk opened...I think if you have multiple keys in your pocket, the buttons might get pressed accidentally when you sit down...so far only once tho

park423 05-07-2009 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by TB5... (Post 3508073)
ahahhaahh stop wearing those extra smedium pants...

let your nuts breathe!! and in turn you wont crush your remote every time you bend from the hip!

Yes, I should try spandex, haha
seriously though, the first time i thought it was me, but i know on the second time, i didn't have my keys on me at all

JoeVal 05-07-2009 10:09 PM

By what is reported I'd say it's a transient fault occurring when the doors are locked by key. Have it checked next time you go for service (or sooner if you wish). It may be one of those things that is annoying and tough to locate, but they should do it readily.

Cheers. JV

2nice4me 05-08-2009 12:52 AM

It has happened to me before and this while i had laptops in the trunk. Anyway i did bring it to the dealer for a checkup but they couldnt find anything. Since then I keep my keys in the 5th pocket of my jeans or just in my bag. Haven't had any issue since. I am convinced that it is our own doing. Had the same thing happen with my old car (Accord) and that time thieves stole PS2 and bunch of bluetooth headphones :(

deejay_knucklez 05-08-2009 01:34 AM

yeah this has happen to me a few times... my family owns restaurants so im always leaning over tables and the keys are in my front pocket... im just happy no one ever take anything out my trunk cause i got a lot of things in there!! :D

jstaneff 05-08-2009 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by JoeVal (Post 3511134)
By what is reported I'd say it's a transient fault occurring when the doors are locked by key. Have it checked next time you go for service (or sooner if you wish). It may be one of those things that is annoying and tough to locate, but they should do it readily.

Cheers. JV

It's only happened to me in my garage, unlocked. Something is pressing the button, and probably in your pants pocket.

marvin-r 07-28-2009 09:51 PM

Have you tried the spare key? I would be surprised if it didn't work.
If it doesn't then you should absolutely be able to access it by folding down the backseat. Check behind the headrests on the back seats for a lever, button or handle.You may have to pull quite hard but it should work.

gilbert locksmith

dalazernet 07-28-2009 11:58 PM

I have an 09 C300

Thanks

You gotta remember to let the ladies out of the trunk... here in Jersey, I'm sure many would prefer that emergency trunk release to be defeatable, but alas its not ;-)....

As my sales rep said in his pitch, you can fit about two bodies in there...

- Eric

RLE 07-29-2009 08:10 PM

Nope

Originally Posted by marvin-r (Post 3644132)
Have you tried the spare key? I would be surprised if it didn't work.
If it doesn't then you should absolutely be able to access it by folding down the backseat. Check behind the headrests on the back seats for a lever, button or handle.You may have to pull quite hard but it should work.

gilbert locksmith

The seatback releases are in the trunk.