C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

NAVI Routing Not Available

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C350 Sport, Palladium Silver, Black Leather, P2, MM
NAVI Routing Not Available

I've been running in to situations where my Multi-Media Package NAVI tells me the destination is in an area with unreliable map information and that turn by turn guidance is not available. I understand map data is from Navteq, the same providers of map data to Garmin. I don't have the unreliable map issue with my Garmin. I'm getting the impression MB's version of the map data leaves out useful information. Is anybody else not getting full routing information from their Multi-Media Package NAVI because of "unreliable" map data? Any workarounds?
Old 05-18-2009, 12:05 PM

C350
could probably be fixed with an update... ask the dealer if they have one?

also, what year is your car? if it's a 2008 or early 2009 model, and you haven't updated, they should have one availble

Last edited by len56; 05-18-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:15 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Updates

Originally Posted by atspring
I've been running in to situations where my Multi-Media Package NAVI tells me the destination is in an area with unreliable map information and that turn by turn guidance is not available. I understand map data is from Navteq, the same providers of map data to Garmin. I don't have the unreliable map issue with my Garmin. I'm getting the impression MB's version of the map data leaves out useful information. Is anybody else not getting full routing information from their Multi-Media Package NAVI because of "unreliable" map data? Any workarounds?
Have you purchased and run the update discs? This is on you and is not covered by the warranty.

I have no idea whether updating will solve your particular problem but it might be worth a try, providing you are willing to spend the $150 for the discs.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:47 PM

08 C350 Sport, Palladium Silver, Black Leather, P2, MM
Last night I finally updated the maps, which are $250 from Navteq. Still have the problem. I guess it is just the map set for the W204 Navi.

You will need to zoom in to see them, but any road shown as two parallel lines representing the road's shoulders does not include routing information.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:18 PM

w205 - Black
Last night I finally updated the maps, which are $250 from Navteq. Still have the problem. I guess it is just the map set for the W204 Navi.

You will need to zoom in to see them, but any road shown as two parallel lines representing the road's shoulders does not include routing information.
What was the map software version you installed?
Old 06-26-2009, 11:34 AM

2009 c350 blk on blk
I have this problem tto in my 09 c350 and was wondering if there are some setting that need to be changed.

Any one know of some settings that i could try?
Old 07-06-2009, 02:54 PM

2009 c350 blk on blk
Finally got my 09 c350 into the dealer for an update as my vehicle shows the same message "destination is in an area with unreliable map information".
Dealer ran diagnostic and informed me that my vehicle had the most current updates and could not resolve the issue.

If any one else has this problem your views and possible fixes would be most helpful.