MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   COPING MUSIC TO MUSIC REGISTER (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/309375-coping-music-music-register.html)

hdoolabh 07-26-2009 09:39 AM

COPING MUSIC TO MUSIC REGISTER

Can any one give instructions on how to copy songs from cd/dvd .wav/.mp3 to the music register?

I managed to compile a group of songs (about 300 songs total) in mp3 format and burned them onto a dvd and on loading the dvd it plays fine but I cannot download them onto the hard drive or music register.

I then took a regular cd album and on playing it I can download the entire album onto the hard drive/ music register. I believe that regular cd's come in WAV format and this will take up more space than a mp3 formated file.

Am i doing something wrong or is this all the system will allow me to do.

Please hlep very confused.

AMGTTV8 07-26-2009 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by hdoolabh (Post 3639725)
Can any one give instructions on how to copy songs from cd/dvd .wav/.mp3 to the music register?

I managed to compile a group of songs (about 300 songs total) in mp3 format and burned them onto a dvd and on loading the dvd it plays fine but I cannot download them onto the hard drive or music register.

I then took a regular cd album and on playing it I can download the entire album onto the hard drive/ music register. I believe that regular cd's come in WAV format and this will take up more space than a mp3 formated file.

Am i doing something wrong or is this all the system will allow me to do.

Please hlep very confused.

Ha, you are not confused, don't worry - it's just the car...

Unless I am an idiot too, you can't transfer MP3 of data files...you can only burn the original format from a CD

All this to make us spend hours in our cars transferring music....BOOO

I hope you figure this out for all of us!

hdoolabh 07-26-2009 10:03 AM

So Hard Drive is a waste of time ...

Originally Posted by WWMIndy (Post 3639728)
Ha, you are not confused, don't worry - it's just the car...

Unless I am an idiot too, you can't transfer MP3 of data files...you can only burn the original format from a CD

All this to make us spend hours in our cars transferring music....BOOO

I hope you figure this out for all of us!

So i guess the hard drive and music register are a total waste of time...

The best thing to do is transfer a s**t load og mp3 files toa DVD and make 6 of these so you will have ample music to suit just about all tastes. lol

What a con- the pcmcia slot too in my view is a total waste.

TRauppius 07-26-2009 10:33 AM

Not Quite...

Originally Posted by hdoolabh (Post 3639738)
So i guess the hard drive and music register are a total waste of time...

The best thing to do is transfer a s**t load og mp3 files toa DVD and make 6 of these so you will have ample music to suit just about all tastes. lol

What a con- the pcmcia slot too in my view is a total waste.

I have ripped dozens of CDs onto the music register and then added an 8GB SDHD card into the PCMIA slot. The SDHD card contains a very large number of .MP3, .WMA and assorted iTunes donwloads.

This is hardy a waste.

mirage15 07-26-2009 12:20 PM

I have no problem ripping mp3's down to the music register. It may take 5 years to do but I can do it. Maybe because I have a Euro COMAND?

drawde 07-27-2009 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by mirage15 (Post 3639860)
I have no problem ripping mp3's down to the music register. It may take 5 years to do but I can do it. Maybe because I have a Euro COMAND?

Yeah, I don't think the US spec COMAND can do this.

TB5... 07-27-2009 11:08 AM

Copying*