MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Led eyelid breaks!! (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/310136-led-eyelid-breaks.html)

AntsE63S 07-30-2009 10:19 PM

Led eyelid breaks!!

So yesturday i was driving at night and my right parking light error came up on my dash. I didn't really pay any attention to it until 2day when I had some time to check it. It turns out that the led light broke off from the board. The soder points broke. I had bought them from azn when he had the second group buy. What should I do??

amdeutsch 07-30-2009 10:28 PM

1) Rework and repair (resolder)
2) Buy a new set at full price.

Azn_C300 07-31-2009 12:42 AM

As amdeutsch recommended, if you're handy with a soldering iron, you can probably fix that. Surprised this happened and you're the first to report that. The second option is to buy 194s on ebay which I've asked around and are also the same Blesk LEDs. And yeah, you'll have to pay full price for them.

patrickkc 07-31-2009 01:36 AM

hmm.. seems like LEDs don't like our cars much.. I've got gilles LEDs in my eyelids and azn's leds in the front footwells + liscense plate light.. wonder which will last longer?

ctgilles 07-31-2009 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by patrickkc (Post 3647970)
hmm.. seems like LEDs don't like our cars much.. I've got gilles LEDs in my eyelids and azn's leds in the front footwells + liscense plate light.. wonder which will last longer?

Maybe we should organise a contest first prize a new pair of LEDs :D

peabers 07-31-2009 08:47 AM

Well, I think the loser (first to fail/burn-out/melt/cause-damage) should be the one buying a new pair of the opponent's LED for the owner.

I have Gilles' LEDs in my eyelids, AZN's warm whites in the interior, and AZN's pure whites in my license plates. I would be happy to mix the LEDs into the eyelids for the competition.

Kenc1103 09-22-2009 08:18 PM

I am not able to tighten the two caps after replacing the LED eyelid bulbs, they can easily come out by pulling them. They are the outer one to the right and the outer one to the left on each side, the other two caps are securely fasten though. Any ideas?

jargoude 09-24-2009 10:03 PM

I too had purchased LED's thru the group buy and have had one of the LED's on left not working, replaced and it worked fine, now the right side threw the same error. I have replaced LED and even put stock bulbs back in and it now will not even light up with stock bulb. Taking out all LED's in eyelids and car is going in for service soon. Hopefully nothing major as a result of the LED.

imboom 09-24-2009 10:14 PM

Having received my set of Polarg M4 lights to replace the ones I got from Azn's GB, I went in to replace them. To my surprise they were almost like new. All 4 leds have slight solder browning spots(1-3 spots) but were not large. Rest were just clean and led's still sat tight.

I switched the led's to the trunk light and will do the license plate after. I wonder where the 4th led should go?

Polarg M4's are amazing. Light output it almost as good as the led's before they turn blue and they never change colors at all.

BerBer63 09-24-2009 10:36 PM

Still have my 2 pairs of hyperwhites from AZN, never got around to installing them... PM me if you want them.