MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   You Know What Would Be GREAT! (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/325640-you-know-what-would-great.html)

TB5... 11-13-2009 09:51 AM

You Know What Would Be GREAT!

... being able to listen to music through a bluetooth device... i.e. a phone.

has anyone ever heard of this being done...

it baffles me why this doesn't work seeing as audio is being sent from the cellular device to the car's speakers when you use the phone.

what is the difference with just sending audio?
forgive my ignorance.

NickCats 11-13-2009 11:35 AM

This is one of the features of the Universal Media Interface :

1 - Navigation with free live traffic
2 - iPod/iPhone Interface
3 - USB Interface
4 - AUX Interface
5 - Bluetooth Audio Streaming

http://www.benzblogger.com/2008/11/u...-2010-glk.html

http://www.benzblogger.com/2009/11/e...erface-is.html

Nick

rb23lb 11-13-2009 07:29 PM

Man, what about all of us with the MM Command system???

Why isnt there an upgrade for us to get live traffic and streaming stereo blutooth capability???

There should be a way to integrate UMI into people that have the MM Comand system... Anybody think this might come in the future???

2nice4me 11-13-2009 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by TB5... (Post 3809073)
... being able to listen to music through a bluetooth device... i.e. a phone.

has anyone ever heard of this being done...

it baffles me why this doesn't work seeing as audio is being sent from the cellular device to the car's speakers when you use the phone.

what is the difference with just sending audio?
forgive my ignorance.

There is a way to do that :) you wont be able control the tracks via the steering wheel but this can all be done via the Blackberry (or other device)

Basically you need a Bluetooth gateways but I use the Blackberry Gateway. It is powered via USB and comes with the 2.5 mm jack needed to plug into the AUX (glovebox)

Here are the specs:

BlackBerry ASY-16130-001 Bluetooth® Remote Stereo Gateway

Features
  1. Wirelessly stream music from stored music on an A2DP enabled phone to a home sound system or personal stereo
  2. Small and sleek design, less than 2" across
  3. 1-touch pairing with the ability to pair up to 8 Bluetooth® cell phones
  4. For use with a 3.5mm stereo cable or RCA auxiliary cable-depending on use
  5. Compliant with most Bluetooth® devices up to 30''
  6. Includes
travel charger, 3.5mm stereo cable or RCA auxiliary cable

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices...ic_gateway.jsp

amdeutsch 11-13-2009 08:20 PM

If STFF was practiced more by all, including :newbie: and those pretending to be :newbie:

:rolf:

rb23lb 11-13-2009 08:25 PM

[QUOTE=amdeutsch;3809157]You Know What Would Be GREAT!

If STFF was practiced more by all, including :newbie: and those pretending to be :newbie:

:rolf:[/QUOTE

i dont get it, who are u talking to and what do you mean? :crazy:

2nice4me 11-13-2009 08:58 PM

yeah weird, but I think he is talking about "Search The Forum First"

ulovemybenzo 11-14-2009 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by amdeutsch (Post 3809157)

hahhahahahha

alexlev 11-15-2009 02:07 AM

You know what would be greater? If every other post you made wasn't "STFF" . . Seriously - it has gotten old. :y

Peabody 11-15-2009 04:29 AM

Does the bluetooth in the Mercedes even support EDP 2.1 Bluetooth stereo profile or whatever? If not the music would be pumped through a 7.1 logic stereo in MONO. AWESOME!

TB5... 11-15-2009 09:34 PM

that UMI is a expensive mod for something that the car does already... i was looking for a free hack... maybe from the eng menu or something... guess not tho...

Originally Posted by 2nice4me (Post 3809156)
There is a way to do that :) you wont be able control the tracks via the steering wheel but this can all be done via the Blackberry (or other device)

Basically you need a Bluetooth gateways but I use the Blackberry Gateway. It is powered via USB and comes with the 2.5 mm jack needed to plug into the AUX (glovebox)

Here are the specs:

BlackBerry ASY-16130-001 Bluetooth® Remote Stereo Gateway

Features
  1. Wirelessly stream music from stored music on an A2DP enabled phone to a home sound system or personal stereo
  2. Small and sleek design, less than 2" across
  3. 1-touch pairing with the ability to pair up to 8 Bluetooth® cell phones
  4. For use with a 3.5mm stereo cable or RCA auxiliary cable-depending on use
  5. Compliant with most Bluetooth® devices up to 30''
  6. Includes
travel charger, 3.5mm stereo cable or RCA auxiliary cable

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices...ic_gateway.jsp

89$ not bad at all...

i have a touch pro windows mobile decive... is there a specific one for those?

11,000 posts of this same type of shiit i bet...
smh bored ass nigggga:smash:

go take a quick drive around the block... think about your e-life.

2nice4me 11-16-2009 12:30 AM

[QUOTE=TB5...;3810901]that UMI is a expensive mod for something that the car does already... i was looking for a free hack... maybe from the eng menu or something... guess not tho...

89$ not bad at all...

i have a touch pro windows mobile decive... is there a specific one for those?

QUOTE]

No, you should be be able to use any BT enabled device, just need to pair the Music Gateway

micropower99 11-16-2009 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by alexlev (Post 3809996)
You know what would be greater? If every other post you made wasn't "STFF" . . Seriously - it has gotten old. :y

Hahahaha so true!

Jae Duk 11-16-2009 02:55 AM

Well as everyone mentioned it can be retrofitted probably. But our bluetooth is not on stereo speakers. So honestly I don't see the point in doing it unless you like listening to music with poor quality :p:
Hmmmm I'm sure there's also a way to retrofit the bluetooth to come out the stereo speakers...:rolleyes:

NickCats 11-16-2009 07:48 PM

Just gave it a shot in my driveway. I was streaming Pandora through the UMI in the Benz and it sounds fantastic ( and yes, it's in stereo ) ! I'll give it a shot tomorrow on the way to work ( to see how good it works when the car is moving ) and report back...

Nick

2nice4me 11-16-2009 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jae Duk (Post 3811268)
Well as everyone mentioned it can be retrofitted probably. But our bluetooth is not on stereo speakers. So honestly I don't see the point in doing it unless you like listening to music with poor quality :p:
Hmmmm I'm sure there's also a way to retrofit the bluetooth to come out the stereo speakers...:rolleyes:

When you use the black berry gateway you do not stream the music it via the MB bluetooth. you are using the AUX in the glove compartment and set your car stereo to AUX, it then plays in stereo sound not mono.

The volume is slightly softer then CD, but thats been discussed already before

TB5... 11-17-2009 01:54 AM

very interesting... others have had success with this device and audio 20?

no need to waste money buying a mp3 player when i have a 8gb phone that's able to connect relatively wirelessly.

micropower99 11-17-2009 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by TB5... (Post 3810901)
11,000 posts of this same type of shiit i bet...
smh bored ass nigggga:smash:

go take a quick drive around the block... think about your e-life.

I see your on probation status. Let me guess, it was from this comment?

NickCats 11-17-2009 09:46 AM

Well, I used the bluetooth streaming on my commute this morning and let me say I was very impressed ! It takes me about 40 minutes to get to work, so when I got in the car this morning I started up the Pandora app on my iPhone and played it through my UMI. The sound was crystal clear the whole way to work, broadcast in stereo without any dropping or buffering issues.

I know the OP was looking at a cheaper solution than the UMI, and I think 2nice4me has offered a great solution, but I wanted to report back on the quality of streaming music through bluetooth before someone purchases either the BlackBerry Remote Stereo Gateway or the UMI for this purpose.

Hope this helps...

Nick

TB5... 11-17-2009 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by micropower99 (Post 3812734)
I see your on probation status. Let me guess, it was from this comment?

yea apparently i got 2 'insulted a member' and used 'inappropriate language'

it's funny that if he feels insulted he can give out infractions based on his over emotional state.
:crazy: but then... he can spam the board with his stupidness.

Originally Posted by NickCats (Post 3812994)
Well, I used the bluetooth streaming on my commute this morning and let me say I was very impressed ! It takes me about 40 minutes to get to work, so when I got in the car this morning I started up the Pandora app on my iPhone and played it through my UMI. The sound was crystal clear the whole way to work, broadcast in stereo without any dropping or buffering issues.

I know the OP was looking at a cheaper solution than the UMI, and I think 2nice4me has offered a great solution, but I wanted to report back on the quality of streaming music through bluetooth before someone purchases either the BlackBerry Remote Stereo Gateway or the UMI for this purpose.

Hope this helps...

Nick

great to know... i am a fan of good quality music... 192+
maybe i will try it out after all...

good looks 2nice!

eminnet 11-17-2009 10:06 AM

Would be great to have permanent broad band internet connection and one slide in/out laptop.
Night vision.

micropower99 11-17-2009 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by TB5... (Post 3813007)
yea apparently i got 2 'insulted a member' and used 'inappropriate language'

it's funny that if he feels insulted he can give out infractions based on his over emotional state.
:crazy: but then... he can spam the board with his stupidness.

Talk about the freedom of speech :rolleyes:. He can say whatever he wants to people but no one can say how they feel.

Sportstick 11-17-2009 07:12 PM

I have had no connection to this thread nor the participants, but on first read, am repulsed by a statement made.

For those who contort "freedom of speech", a limited right to varying degrees in different parts of North America, TB5's signature indicates he is in Toronto, Canada. The following is quoted from Wikipedia:

Under section 319 of the Criminal Code of Canada, it is illegal to publicly incite hatred against people based on their colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, and sexual orientation, except where the statements made are true or are made in good faith.

But, regardless of laws governing "freedom of speech", I can only hope there is no one else here who will attempt to justify or excuse the use of a racial slur.