MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Fuses Location and diagram????? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/327856-fuses-location-diagram.html)

SuperDavid 11-30-2009 08:55 PM

Fuses Location and diagram?????

Yesterday, when I tried to replaced the front signal lights with LED's, a fuse was blow out (I assume because not power), for my surpraise not fuse legend is available, how it is possible? In a MB, The owner manual show only the block fuses location, not each individual fuse. HELP !!!! :zoom:

2nice4me 11-30-2009 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by SuperDavid (Post 3831263)
Yesterday, when I tried to replaced the front signal lights with LED's, a fuse was blow out (I assume because not power), for my surpraise not fuse legend is available, how it is possible? In a MB, The owner manual show only the block fuses location, not each individual fuse. HELP !!!! :zoom:

Check your spare tire, where the tools are, it should have a sheet with locations.

acr2001 11-30-2009 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by SuperDavid (Post 3831263)

Your post is hard to understand. If you are looking for a fuse for the turn signal you won't find one as the ECU breaks the circuit (no fuse).

raymond g- 11-30-2009 11:32 PM

the fuse maps should be located within the fuse compartments, stuck to the
lid(s): fuse compartment on left end of dash (must have door open to access),
engine compartment (driver's side I believe), and very possible in the trunk
as well (less sure, depending on model)

Glyn M Ruck 12-01-2009 07:46 AM

Frequently on a printed sheet for all locations in the rear fuse box.

SuperDavid 12-01-2009 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by raymond g- (Post 3831509)
the fuse maps should be located within the fuse compartments, stuck to the
lid(s): fuse compartment on left end of dash (must have door open to access),
engine compartment (driver's side I believe), and very possible in the trunk
as well (less sure, depending on model)

The problem is not fuse map in the fuse compartments, either engine or trunk compartment, can you verify if you have same issue, my car is C350 2008.:zoom:

The problem is only in my car? or maybe is all the 2008 has same problem, because I saw another W204 with missing fuse map.:nix:

acr2001 12-01-2009 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by SuperDavid (Post 3831887)
The problem is not fuse map in the fuse compartments, either engine or trunk compartment, can you verify if you have same issue, my car is C350 2008.:zoom:

The problem is only in my car? or maybe is all the 2008 has same problem, because I saw another W204 with missing fuse map.:nix:

Check your interior fuse box on the left side of the dash against the drivers door!!

raymond g- 12-01-2009 04:25 PM

the owner's manual identifies that the map(s) is located in these places.
if your car does not have them, it has been removed by someone, or,
a huge conspiracy by MB to deprive you of this important item.

RLE 12-02-2009 12:59 AM

FOOZES

Lot of bad info posted.

There are two fuse panels. Under the hood at the left rear, a lift off black cover. In the trunk on the right side behind the door.

There is no fuse box at either end of the dash in US models because the items those fuses serve are not US equipment. Whether cars sold in Puerto Rico are configured the same is unknown to me.

The fuse layout is a folded sheet of paper stored with the tools on top of the spare wheel in the trunk, not in either fuse panel location.

According to my fuse sheet, the turn signals are served by fuse 13 which is in the front fuse panel.

fattysnax 12-02-2009 01:31 AM

I had the same problem this weekend when changing out my passenger-side low beam bulb. Thought it was a blown fuse but it was the computer not sending any power to the light. The bulb was fine.

This may sound elementary but after swapping bulbs, try turning the car off completely and take the key out, then turn it back on. Do this each time you plug/unplug a new bulb. Hope this helps!

SuperDavid 12-02-2009 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by RLE (Post 3833330)
Lot of bad info posted.

There are two fuse panels. Under the hood at the left rear, a lift off black cover. In the trunk on the right side behind the door.

There is no fuse box at either end of the dash in US models because the items those fuses serve are not US equipment. Whether cars sold in Puerto Rico are configured the same is unknown to me.

The fuse layout is a folded sheet of paper stored with the tools on top of the spare wheel in the trunk, not in either fuse panel location.

According to my fuse sheet, the turn signals are served by fuse 13 which is in the front fuse panel.

Thanks for the information, yes all the cars in PR are same US model, :zoom: I found the fuse layout in the spare wheel, WOW !!! many people has same problem to find the fuse layout and fuse panel locations, in the owner manual show the 3 locations are only 2 for US model that you mention before, however the W203 has 3 locations.

Again this case was only to replace a bulb, but in the future can be more critical thanks again.

mwn9592 07-31-2014 02:53 PM

I was having the same issues (no fuse layout for any panel and drivers side headlamp that wouldnt light even after replacing). I tried what fattysnax posted above and it worked for me. With the car off, turned lights to off position, turned the car on, turned the lights to the ON position and they worked. Tried auto and DRL and they worked too.

"This may sound elementary but after swapping bulbs, try turning the car off completely and take the key out, then turn it back on. Do this each time you plug/unplug a new bulb. Hope this helps!"