MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Sun/Roller-Blind (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/339327-sun-roller-blind.html)

Cklasse5 02-22-2010 04:20 AM

Sun/Roller-Blind

May I check if any kind soul could provide me a picture or part number for the following item?

(1) Sun/Roller-Blind for rear left door window (Manual)
(2) Sun/Roller-Blind for rear right door window (Manual)
(3) Sun/Roller-Blind for rear window (Manual)

I have do a search and only found to catch a glimpse from the catalogue which have a small picture. Also, have done a check with the local MB agent but to no avail.

May I know if anyone could assist?

Thank you.

Cheers! :)

6speedbenzLA 02-22-2010 03:03 PM

omg iv been looking for those roll up blinds since my w203, i want them for my w204 :)

Diesel Benz 02-22-2010 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by 6speedbenzLA (Post 3952047)
omg iv been looking for those roll up blinds since my w203, i want them for my w204 :)

The rear window blind would have been available from the factory (our W204 has one). A bit difficult to retrofit though.

Cklasse5 02-22-2010 08:14 PM

I am looking for original MB sunblind; not those after-market ones. My understanding is that the original one has its roller mechanism hidden within the door panel; not visible from the view (very neat).

I have just received a response from the local agent and the part numbers are as follows:

Left Rear Door Window - Rollerblind, Manual (Part # A2048100720)
Right Rear Door Window - Rollerblind, Manual (Part # A2048100820)
Rear Window - Rollerblind, Manual (Still unknown. Was told only avail in Electric mode)

Anyone could confirm the part numbers and grateful if you could take a few pictures to fully understand/appreciate these items.

Thank you.

duck718nyc 02-22-2010 08:40 PM

I'm not sure on the rear side windows:nix:, I would like that...but the rear window sun shade came with my car P2 package. It is very useful & the way it folds up & down with the simple push of a button is awesome...lol:)

Cklasse5 02-23-2010 05:51 AM

Absolutely agreed with you that the electric rear window sun shade is awesome. I had it in my old W202. Somehow, once the sun shade is fully extended, I hardly bring it down thus a manual one would be much of an economical sense.

6speedbenzLA 02-23-2010 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel Benz (Post 3952103)
The rear window blind would have been available from the factory (our W204 has one). A bit difficult to retrofit though.

i asked but they said only American options are available for shipments and no others, i would love to try to retrofit if its not to complicated for the manual blinds on the back windows.

tommy1752003 02-27-2010 05:56 AM

wow the side roller blinds are 510 in canada pricy....
by the way you said that you had pics can you post it here, i dont even know what it even look like thanks

Diesel Benz 02-27-2010 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Cklasse5 (Post 3952539)
I am looking for original MB sunblind; not those after-market ones. My understanding is that the original one has its roller mechanism hidden within the door panel; not visible from the view (very neat).

I have just received a response from the local agent and the part numbers are as follows:

Left Rear Door Window - Rollerblind, Manual (Part # A2048100720)
Right Rear Door Window - Rollerblind, Manual (Part # A2048100820)
Rear Window - Rollerblind, Manual (Still unknown. Was told only avail in Electric mode)

Anyone could confirm the part numbers and grateful if you could take a few pictures to fully understand/appreciate these items.

Thank you.

Note that the rear door window blinds come with different door panels too.

http://partscatalog.ru/mercedes/1/ca...289/62Q/73/075

6speedbenzLA 03-08-2010 01:38 PM

just talked to my parts guys at the dealership, they said that i need a vin number cause MBUSA will not order the part for a US based car.......... any one have this option somewhere else in the world and would care to give us a vin number?

JimPap 06-15-2011 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by 6speedbenzLA (Post 3973957)
just talked to my parts guys at the dealership, they said that i need a vin number cause MBUSA will not order the part for a US based car.......... any one have this option somewhere else in the world and would care to give us a vin number?

Might want to look online.

C300CA 06-15-2011 09:54 AM

I also asked my dealer about the rear side manual sunshade. They said the operation manual is a generic one, not necessary for US cars only. They haven't seen one with the rear side sunshade in the US.

NewtwoMB 06-15-2011 10:33 AM

Sunblinds

Just an alternative solution. There's a company called Vanstyle-UK that makes custom fitted perforated material sunshades for any car.

These just clip in place for the the side windows (and small quarterlight) and the rear screen. I have them and they're really good. Rear windows still go up and down. Not as good as the real thing but a pretty good substitute IMO (esp. at the price). :)