MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   How often do you get your car vandalize? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/341196-how-often-do-you-get-your-car-vandalize.html)

Will38 03-06-2010 07:22 PM

How often do you get your car vandalize?

I'm just curious if anyone here got their car vandalize beside me... it seem like every month a new key scratch shows up... There something wrong with the people in San Francisco :crazy:

killacam7479 03-06-2010 08:54 PM

Two issues: 1) I am an auditor and I think someone from the client I audit scratched my car when I first bought it, because I only went to work and back for a few months with my car, and after I got it washed in the winter, there was a scratch/dent on the passenger side. Very disappointed.

2) Not really vandalism, but in my parking garage, I park next to a car and a pole. People walk between the pole and my car to get to the entrance, and I've noticed scratches where they walk by from their zippers or something. Very disappointing, but I guess it's wasn't going to be perfect forever.

tc1728 03-06-2010 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Will38 (Post 3971583)
I'm just curious if anyone here got their car vandalize beside me... it seem like every month a new key scratch shows up... There something wrong with the people in San Francisco :crazy:

Not me, but my cousins has had 3 insurance claims in the past 8 months because (some) people in the Bay Area are idiots.

1st incident was when he was just driving and some car cut in front of him and clipped his front passenger side fender. Car took off but he followed long enough to get the plates and CHP caught the guy.

2nd incident, his car was hit in a parking lot at Target in San Bruno by what seems to be a black SUV. top of his grille and hood was messed up and there was black paint transfered on to the hood.

3rd incident happened either at the 24hour fitness parking lot or at the parking lot at the movies. He noticed scratches all over the passenger side of the car the next morning.

Crazy stuff :crazy:

Joearch 03-06-2010 09:44 PM

nothin like that for me so far.

clkwork 03-06-2010 10:30 PM

not yet, luckily.

nyca 03-06-2010 10:44 PM

A Mercedes is a symbol of the "rich" - and when you live in an area where the popular culture demonizes anything associated with the "rich" - this is what you get. It's pervasive in many parts of the US.

RLE 03-06-2010 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Will38 (Post 3971583)

I think you need to be more careful where you park.

I scrutinize every spot that I might use for possible danger to the car and have zero damage so far.

My Porsche is probably older than you are and has never had a door ding or any bumper contact with another car. Ever.

It takes a little effort.

snarlingchicken 03-06-2010 11:18 PM

My sister's C350 has a nice 3 inch key-scratch on the front fender from some jerks at UCI. Apparently there was an incident there too where some jerk drove a nail into one tire of every C3x0 or Merc at VDC while driving nails into all four tires of one C63....Sigh. I'd like to drive a nail into people like that. Is that wrong of me? :3

nyca 03-06-2010 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by RLE (Post 3971837)
I think you need to be more careful where you park.

I scrutinize every spot that I might use for possible danger to the car and have zero damage so far.

My Porsche is probably older than you are and has never had a door ding or any bumper contact with another car. Ever.

It takes a little effort.

That strategy works fine for the "casual/careless dinger". But when you are geographically surrounded by these malicious people (and let's face it, its young people that do this kind of vandalism), its hard to hide from them.

Peabody 03-07-2010 01:55 PM

I've never been vandalized but Germans would think someone capable of vandalizing a car was a monster.

itcrashed 03-07-2010 03:51 PM

I think your biggest factor is "San Francisco." Take a drive down any street...you will never find a car without a scratch or ding on it. I know tons of people that live in SF and none of them really care too much about their cars because they assume they will get dented, dinged, or broken into at some point. Which is why you see so many "low budget" cars parked on the streets. IMHO, there is no safe place to park your car in SF.

newyorktoLA 03-07-2010 04:12 PM

My employees scratch my S550 all the time mostly because I don't increase their pay. I live in the L.A. area.

infantry 03-07-2010 05:59 PM

^^^LOL! hahaha

Will38 03-08-2010 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by amaycg (Post 3972609)
My employees scratch my S550 all the time mostly because I don't increase their pay. I live in the L.A. area.

wow, did you catch them?
Everytime I look at my 3 feet scratch it irritate me since its locate on the hood. I wish body shop would open during saturday or sundays. :(

JimPap 03-08-2010 08:11 AM

Yeah, let face it.

If people caught for vandalizing were properly punished (chop off their hand), you wouldn't see any more of it.

C300Kid 03-08-2010 03:05 PM

Not with this car, but back in high school I got a new Saab 9-3 and it got totally destroyed one weekend. The thing was like a month old.

I was out of town in the middle of nowhere and I left it parked overnight in a church parking lot thinking it'd be safe there. Nope. Every panel had some form of damage, the driver's door was completely kicked in, and the tires were all slashed.

It couldn't have been anyone I know either, so apparently some people did it because it was a nice new car and it was in a pretty low-income hick area. Also, my brother watched some trailer-looking woman hop out of an old minivan and key his car in a Dunkin Donuts parking lot. She didn't even try to hide what she was doing. I hate people who think they have the right to act "poor" simply because they're broke.

E92-Lighting 03-10-2010 01:08 PM

i think its a SF thing, but i try to park as far as possible even if there is a open parking spot