C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

iPad Docking Station

Old 10-10-2011, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 (W204)
iPad Docking Station

Hey all,

So today I went to the MB dealership in my area to see if I could get my hands on the new iPad docking station (seen in the C class 2012 accessory brochure). The dealer said the factory has had a shortage of these units and they wouldn't be selling the item standalone to the public until late November. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with iPad integration in their W204. From the looks of things available on Amazon, most of their stuff is made of cheap plastic and breaks easily.

BTW, the MB dock also provides power to the iPad but I don't really care so much about that. I want something that will adapt to the headrest with a clean look (no straps, velcro, etc).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:05 AM

2013 G 63 AMG
I would also like to get feedback on this accessory from anyone who has it installed in their vehicle. I'm considering getting one to install in my G-wagen, though it's not officially listed on the MBUSA website as being compatible with the G-Class.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:53 PM

C300 (W204)
I went to my local MB dealership on November 23rd and they said the docking stations are still on backordered. The parts guy took my information down and said he would call me if he came across them. Doesn't look too promising as I've been waiting for over two months.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:57 AM

2012 C300
Originally Posted by SChaudhery
I went to my local MB dealership on November 23rd and they said the docking stations are still on backordered. The parts guy took my information down and said he would call me if he came across them. Doesn't look too promising as I've been waiting for over two months.
I am also interested in this product. Did the parts guy quote you a price? Do you know if it is for both or can you get one?

cheers
Old 12-22-2011, 11:46 AM

2008 C300
Try Tetrax.

Originally Posted by bbryanblr
I am also interested in this product. Did the parts guy quote you a price? Do you know if it is for both or can you get one?

cheers
Try http://www.tetrax.com/en/products/ip.../tetrax-fixway
I was in the market for sleek iPhone4 mount for my car. Found one at airport wireless shop. It mounts on airvent. A tiny attachment on back of iPhone. Its magnetic. Easy to put on/off. So far loving it.