MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   New member, new car! (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/344312-new-member-new-car.html)

enduro963 03-28-2010 11:55 AM

New member, new car!

6 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone! Joined a few weeks ago to know more about the car I wanted.

Just bought an 08 C350 Elegance with 30,000kms. I got it off one of the local dealerships. I have been using the car for a couple of days just to get a sense of the general conditions and what needs to be fixed before the mods! It appears that most of the a/c vents are shot, i will post pictures later. Otherwise the car runs great and feels very solid. I come from an 05 Acura TL as my DD.

ps. Consider these the "before" pictures, as i will be modding this car! :D

enduro963 03-28-2010 11:57 AM

3 Attachment(s)
More...

alexlev 03-28-2010 12:38 PM

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase!

jctevere 03-28-2010 12:58 PM

Looks pretty dang clean... But is it just me or does there appear to be "gook" on the front corner bumper of the driver side, and more on the rear bumper corner passenger side? Are those scratches on the paint, or gunk from stickers, or simply just errors in the pictures?

Either way, the ride looks great, I didn't think I would like those rims as much as I do on the white... Lastly, what do you mean about "most of the a/c vents being shot"

enduro963 03-29-2010 10:56 AM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jctevere (Post 4006432)
Looks pretty dang clean... But is it just me or does there appear to be "gook" on the front corner bumper of the driver side, and more on the rear bumper corner passenger side? Are those scratches on the paint, or gunk from stickers, or simply just errors in the pictures?

Either way, the ride looks great, I didn't think I would like those rims as much as I do on the white... Lastly, what do you mean about "most of the a/c vents being shot"

It does have some rubs, scratches on the bumpers. A woman was the first owner, she did this even with proximity sensors front and back, jajaja! It also has some door dings which I plan to fix together with all bodywork issues.

Most of the a/c vents do not work correctly. The one on the passenger side far right does not even have the lever attached any more. The rest have the lever but some do not work for the side movement or the up and down movement. Seems like they are fragile.

Was this a first model year defect in these parts?
Did many of you guys change them under warranty?

My car is out of warranty (2 years) so I hope this things are interchangeable and cheap!

Spec_Davis 03-29-2010 11:02 AM

welcome to MBWorld just do a search on ebay for a new passenger vent

Mr_Clifton 03-29-2010 11:18 AM

Love the car! :) I originally wanted to get a Luxury version (I think they look better than the sport) but I ended up getting a sport version

Don't worry about the small stuff. Like someone said, there's a parts number thread that has the info for the vent.

NickCats 03-29-2010 11:25 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum !

Love the picture of the rear climate control ( US cars don't have the option for the 3-zone automatic climate control ) - I have never seen that before...

Nick

Azn_C300 03-29-2010 11:44 AM

welcome to mbw and grats on your purchase. :y

So what are your modding plans?

enduro963 03-29-2010 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Azn_C300 (Post 4007799)
welcome to mbw and grats on your purchase. :y

So what are your modding plans?

Well I have been reading a lot of posts (including yours) regarding what to do with the car....so here is my starting list:

-wheels (oem C63 18" or brabus monoblock Q 19")
-bumpers and side skirts (C avant garde or Brabus)
-suspension (coilovers)

This car will be my DD so I have to leave it really comfortable and usable, that's the issue I am facing now...

Thoughts?

tanktube67 03-29-2010 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by enduro963 (Post 4007832)
Well I have been reading a lot of posts (including yours) regarding what to do with the car....so here is my starting list:

-wheels (oem C63 18" or brabus monoblock Q 19")
-bumpers and side skirts (C avant garde or Brabus)
-suspension (coilovers)

This car will be my DD so I have to leave it really comfortable and usable, that's the issue I am facing now...

Thoughts?

Welcome to MBW looking forward to see pictures of your upcoming MOS's

Krytech 03-29-2010 02:11 PM

Congrats on the car and welcome to mbworld!

BTW: What country are you in? Trying to tell from the pics but I'm baffled.

jctevere 03-29-2010 02:58 PM

+1 on the 3-zone climate control. That looks cool, wish our US cars had that... Also, it looks like that LCD in the back displays quite a bit information. I went out to my car and it does appear that the vents feel a little "weak" but one would have to handle it roughly to snap it off like that... Bring it to a dealer, or mention it at the next service appointment, it wouldn't hurt to get it covered by warranty...