MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Beating a dead horse about BiXenons (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/344892-beating-dead-horse-about-bixenons.html)

jmsspratlin 04-01-2010 04:19 AM

Beating a dead horse about BiXenons

Sorry,
but I am wondering of those that have had the stealership order and replace their lamps with the BiXenons, how much did you pay? Also, when you install something like this, is it automatic that it has auto-leveling? I love the lamps on my wife's BMW X5, and I'd like the same outfit on the Benz. And yes...maybe I should-ve bought a BMW instead...:D

Krytech 04-01-2010 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by jmsspratlin (Post 4012889)
Sorry,
but I am wondering of those that have had the stealership order and replace their lamps with the BiXenons, how much did you pay? Also, when you install something like this, is it automatic that it has auto-leveling? I love the lamps on my wife's BMW X5, and I'd like the same outfit on the Benz. And yes...maybe I should-ve bought a BMW instead...:D

Someone will probably chime in soon, but I think I've heard other members say they've paid over $1000 each for them. I saw some on ebay a while ago for around $700 and I think they were bi-xenon. I've heard that you don't get the auto-leveling feature unless you order P2. I guess that sounds odd to me since I would guess that functionality in built in to the headlights but maybe not. Be interesting to hear for sure one way or the other.

jmsspratlin 04-01-2010 11:58 PM

Thanks.

RLE 04-02-2010 12:51 AM

headlight levelling

Originally Posted by Krytech (Post 4013155)
Someone will probably chime in soon, but I think I've heard other members say they've paid over $1000 each for them. I saw some on ebay a while ago for around $700 and I think they were bi-xenon. I've heard that you don't get the auto-leveling feature unless you order P2. I guess that sounds odd to me since I would guess that functionality in built in to the headlights but maybe not. Be interesting to hear for sure one way or the other.

Cars with OE Xenon headlights have had automatic leveling of the headlights since at least 2001. It's European law. There are level sensors on the right front and right rear suspension which provide the leveling signal to the headlights. My 2001 C320 and 2008 C300 have these sensors which are nothing more than a lever arm off a potentiometer. It's unlikely that the wiring for them would exist in cars without factory installed Xenon headlights.

omgitselaine 04-02-2010 08:51 AM

If you're used to BiXenons then you would certainly need the P2 package or else you'd be fairly disappointed with the lighting ?!?! When i got my ride there wasn't a car with P2 package unless you'd special order it and i didn't want to wait so i went the aftermarket route with Phillips HIDs installed costing me about $500 which i've been very happy with :) !!

In the future i'd probably just get the factory BiXenons just to avoid questions like yours and the countless of threads regarding them.

Good luck with your choice :)

jmsspratlin 04-02-2010 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by omgitselaine (Post 4014557)
If you're used to BiXenons then you would certainly need the P2 package or else you'd be fairly disappointed with the lighting ?!?! When i got my ride there wasn't a car with P2 package unless you'd special order it and i didn't want to wait so i went the aftermarket route with Phillips HIDs installed costing me about $500 which i've been very happy with :) !!

In the future i'd probably just get the factory BiXenons just to avoid questions like yours and the countless of threads regarding them.

Good luck with your choice :)

E,
Where did you get the HIDs from? Do you have more of the white or the blue affect? I'm looking for classy in a poor man's luxury car.:D

omgitselaine 04-02-2010 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by jmsspratlin (Post 4015571)
E,
Where did you get the HIDs from? Do you have more of the white or the blue affect? I'm looking for classy in a poor man's luxury car.:D

I had them installed at an aftermarket shop in Brooklyn ... Phiilips 8000K :)

Richard2011 04-03-2010 08:29 AM

But the light pattern with aftermarket HIDs is SO horrible! It's horrible enough for me to want to go with tinted halogens.
That's why I want to get the OEM bixenons, but they are too expensive.
Does parts for the w204 get less expensive as time goes on or when the w205 comes out?

jmsspratlin 04-06-2010 12:31 AM

:nix:

absolutleo 04-06-2010 01:29 AM

yes. used parts are already much cheaper now.
as of today.. full assemblies will cost you roughly $700-$900/pair for ones with no tab damages.