C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

really need advise on wat to do! MB messed me up big time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C350
really need advise on wat to do! MB messed me up big time

Hey everyone,
i put my car into service at EuroMotors MB yesterday, When i got it back i didn't notice a big *** dent on my rim until later that day. Not only my rim was dented, there was some gash on my Tire too...I have signed off when i got my car back from them so i know technically i can't hold them accountable for what happened to my car... but i'm so mad b/c i can't do anything about it...

should i call up the service adviser and just tell him what happens? and switch to another service team? or just switch to another one and forget about the whole thing?

And most importantly, should i get my tire checked out b/c it seems to damage the side of Tire Wall...

any advice will be appreciated, thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails really need advise on wat to do! MB messed me up big time-img00081-20100504-2227.jpg   really need advise on wat to do! MB messed me up big time-img00083-20100504-2227.jpg   really need advise on wat to do! MB messed me up big time-photo.jpg  

Last edited by dadangman; 05-05-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C200
man that sucks.

i dont know bout the US but over here we go the PR route by spamming the internet with bad reviews, newspapers forums etc
Old 05-05-2010, 11:12 AM

C200
can you complain to MBUSA?
Old 05-05-2010, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
If it were just yesterday, I would take it back and ask for it to be repaired/replaced. It is hard to tell from the pics, but has the aluminium oxidized much yet? I know it oxidizes quickly but if it doesn't look to be "fresh" that may give you some leverage.
Moral of the story is...check your car closely before driving off the lot. I know it is hard to do when everything looks so perfect and shiny but it only takes one scratch or ding to sour the new car feel.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
You don't have a technically defensible position. How this turns out will depend on the level of "customer relations" service the dealership provides. For the sake of the future relationship with them, if you want one, it probably would not be helpful to spread overly negative comments about them online. Be prepared for them to suggest this happened on the way home. They have to consider that possibility, so don't be too outraged. If you perceive any willingness to help on their part, maybe they will pick up the labor. Not sure if wheel is fixable, but tire looks bad from here.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
These kinds of things happen all the time and I would definitely contact your SA immediately. It will be very difficult to prove that they in fact did the damage, but the longer you wait, the less likely they are to help you out. I would definitely not go the route of publicly spamming the service department b/c I am sure they didn't curb your rim on purpose and maybe didn't even know they did it. Good luck.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:31 AM

'09 C350
thx guys, yeah lesson learned... gotta be very careful next time picking up ur car, well i guess i'll just talk to the rep and let him know the situation, i'm mad but i know i don't have much leverage to ***** them out cuz they can just say "hey u signed it, not our fault". b/c for all they know, i can be one of those *******s that just want to blame on them for free ****. and the Wheel is not flat or anything... but i'm worried if i drive fast or long term it will break since it's on the wall...

and on that note... I hit a pothole a month ago... so this would be replacing two tires on different wheels.... wat Luck i have!
Old 05-05-2010, 11:34 AM

C200
hi mate

i would only recommend the PR route if they are unwilling to assist you.

if they dont help then ill blow the mother****er out of the sky
Old 05-05-2010, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 Color: 090 / 1999 Honda Civic EX / 2003 Acura TL
ouch they definitely **** up as you can tell one of there techs hit something. I would call them asap and let them know.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:22 PM

'09 C350
yeah i just called up the Service Advisor, he said to bring it to him to see... and i told my whole situation in a nice.. calm voice..... for now.... but if they won't do anything about it.. like Cerano say imma BLOW THE MOTHER****ER out of the SKY!!! haha.. na imma write to whoever is higher up.... cuz this is poor *** MB service.. my first Benz and this is my 3rd headaches they giving me so far within 7 months!
Old 05-05-2010, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Not to lecture but I always check the car with my SA before I sign anything. The last time my car was in for a CEL I had a new SA and she hands me the paperwork and of course I ask to inspect the car first. She was very upset when I insisted and asked to talk to a manager. Finally she called for the car to be brought in. We did the walk around together and I found a huge scratch on the passanger side front hood, I know it wasn't there when I brought the car in as I always (weather permitting) wash the car the night before it goes in. She was like oh that was there when it came in so I looked at the inspection sheet she had done and pointed out this very big scratch is not indicated on the paper work. I was pissed and she could tell. Long story even longer I did a very intense inspection of the car (using a quick detailing spray and microfiber cloth) even opening both the hood and the trunk looking for damage. The whole inspection took almost 20 minutes and she was now backed up with customers. Only thing was the big scratch so she finally agreed to have the detailers polish it out. I can still see it if I look real close, but she has learnt a lesson and I'll most likely never have her as an SA again
Old 05-05-2010, 12:23 PM

C200
Originally Posted by dadangman
yeah i just called up the Service Advisor, he said to bring it to him to see... and i told my whole situation in a nice.. calm voice..... for now.... but if they won't do anything about it.. like Cerano say imma BLOW THE MOTHER****ER out of the SKY!!! haha.. na imma write to whoever is higher up.... cuz this is poor *** MB service.. my first Benz and this is my 3rd headaches they giving me so far within 7 months!
sounds good mate. keep us posted
Old 05-05-2010, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
OK...take a deep breath and let's pull the situation apart. Based on the facts as you described them, they have absolutely no obligation to you. They may or may not want to help, but they do not have to help.

As far as they are concerned, they returned a perfectly fine car to you, and you signed the paper in agreement. You can appeal to a higher level, but the basis of appeal is not poor service...it would be admitting your oversight until you got home, and asking for reconsideration of the situation. Your success will, in part, depend on your credibility in your request, and flaming them will only hurt your case. From their perspective, (and I've worked at a dealership), they did nothing wrong and you may be trying to get them to cover your damage. Some people do that.

I know you have a perfect understanding of what happened from your point of view. But, they will see this differently, and the facts are on their side, even though they may have done the damage, knowingly or not. Sorry, but true!
Old 05-05-2010, 12:49 PM

C200
dont get me wrong mate. im advocating flaming them but only if they dont help you out.

besides if they dont help you out you've got nothing to lose (:
Old 05-05-2010, 01:15 PM

'09 C350
Originally Posted by Sportstick
OK...take a deep breath and let's pull the situation apart. Based on the facts as you described them, they have absolutely no obligation to you. They may or may not want to help, but they do not have to help.

As far as they are concerned, they returned a perfectly fine car to you, and you signed the paper in agreement. You can appeal to a higher level, but the basis of appeal is not poor service...it would be admitting your oversight until you got home, and asking for reconsideration of the situation. Your success will, in part, depend on your credibility in your request, and flaming them will only hurt your case. From their perspective, (and I've worked at a dealership), they did nothing wrong and you may be trying to get them to cover your damage. Some people do that.

I know you have a perfect understanding of what happened from your point of view. But, they will see this differently, and the facts are on their side, even though they may have done the damage, knowingly or not. Sorry, but true!

Yes i know, and thanks for the advice, I know too well that technically, it's not their fault or anything, but....... it is someone's fault in the dealership that drove my car... b/c i'm 100% positive it was not there when i washed my car two days before that... and i was calm and none threatening to them. i just told him my situation and hopefully he can do something about it.. if not, then i will try to letter up somewhere... I rather do something about it than just sitting here knowing they got some bad service ppl at that MB location.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
I rather do something about it than just sitting here knowing they got some bad service ppl at that MB location.
True, it becomes more about the principal of the matter. You may save many fellow MB drivers the headaches as you are enduring now.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Niti24

That happened to me, I took the car back and told them to fix a scratch that they made on the back. They fixed it with no problem.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:43 PM

'09 C350
Originally Posted by C300Sport
True, it becomes more about the principal of the matter. You may save many fellow MB drivers the headaches as you are enduring now.
yes that too, after this.. i'm definitely going to either go to another service team within that location or go to another location, or go to another MB place and not euromotors... I might sound a bit overreacting but the level of trust for these guys are wearing me down

Originally Posted by Niti24
That happened to me, I took the car back and told them to fix a scratch that they made on the back. They fixed it with no problem.
if they fix it that's fine... but my tire i'm worried about, i don't want it to pop while i'm driving high speed ... so that means i gotta get some new shoes... which is not needed yet... maybe Tirerack get some nice set haha...
Old 05-05-2010, 11:41 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'20 Targa 4 DD, ' 18 Volvo S60 T6
That wheel was driven over a curb. My wife did this and looked exactly the same though rim was perfect but tire completely punctured.

Do not drive on that tire.

You may want to check the curbs around service dept for fresh rubber on the top...
Old 05-06-2010, 09:52 AM

MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
Ouch! That looks painful. Good luck!
Old 05-06-2010, 01:18 PM

'09 C350
THE RESULTS: so i talked to the service adviser.. as always he gives me reason why it happens or whatever with a stuck up attitude. I think from day one he gave me that attitude already, maybe it's just him or maybe i'm young looking and he thinks i'm not paying for my car or something...

but anyways he was willing to fix it for free but will not admit that his guys did anything wrong. The tire he said is fine too, it's just the curb protector that is being damage so it's okay... (kinda believe him and kinda not) He tries to blame it on me...that i might parallel my car and mess up the RIM? and i flat out tell him that someone in his team is doing a poor job... i wish i gave him a piece of my mind.. but being me.. i can never speak 100% of what's on my mind until everything is over and done with!

Thanks to everyone that gave me advice... but lesson LEARN, check VERY VERY carefully when bringing ur car into service.. i don't trust them anymore, and I am going to change to a service adviser from now on
Attached Thumbnails really need advise on wat to do! MB messed me up big time-photo.jpg  
Old 05-06-2010, 08:36 PM

2009 C300 Sport
Where is this dealer in MD? I'll be moving to MD soon and will want to avoid them!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:24 AM

2015 C300 4matic
At least it was good of them to offer to fix it.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG

Thanks to everyone that gave me advice... but lesson LEARN, check VERY VERY carefully when bringing ur car into service.. i don't trust them anymore, and I am going to change to a service adviser from now on
All I have to say is that IMO changing an advisor in this situation won't do you much good...

If the ***** smells at the bottom, it almost certainly going to smell at the top...

I'm predicting repeat crap experiences with different advisors - it's an organizational problem, not a personel problem.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:18 AM

'09 C350
Originally Posted by Warrior6521
Where is this dealer in MD? I'll be moving to MD soon and will want to avoid them!
Warrior, this is at Euromotors Germantown... yeah i dunno about that place anymore... i keep getting the feeling i'm getting second class treatment....

Originally Posted by WWMIndy
All I have to say is that IMO changing an advisor in this situation won't do you much good...

If the ***** smells at the bottom, it almost certainly going to smell at the top...

I'm predicting repeat crap experiences with different advisors - it's an organizational problem, not a personel problem.
yeah u'r right mindy.. but that place is so damn close to me!! o well i'll go to another location.. the thing is my bro goes there too, but he said his advisor is awesome.. i'll have to rethink real hard one this one!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: really need advise on wat to do! MB messed me up big time