MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Anyone have tips on IPod integration for the C300? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/353755-anyone-have-tips-ipod-integration-c300.html)

interiano 06-03-2010 03:23 PM

Anyone have tips on IPod integration for the C300?

I just purchased a new c300 with ipod integration, although i am noticing that all i can do is move forward and back in the songs on my ipod...i cannot control albums/artists/other categories. I read on MB mobile website that these other features work with later generation ipods. Is that the case? I have a first generation Nano, but would consider getting a new Ipod if anyone can help confirm that the later generations (2 +) are able to do more.

Thanks!

Carlos

Toast 06-03-2010 04:41 PM

I drive a 2010 C300 with Comand APS and the universal media inteface. I have an ipod mini (even older than the ipod nanos) and I am able to control the ipod through playlist/album/artist. :nix:

interiano 06-03-2010 05:05 PM

Thanks for replying Toast. I do not have the Nav feature in mine, so I have to control everything via my steering wheel and can only see the songs I am on via the display by the speedometer. I'm visiting my sales guy tomorrow because he is also telling me that I will have enhanced functionality with a 2nd generation or newer Ipod. Looks like I might be visiting the Apple store soon if this is the case.

AkaSigFreak 06-03-2010 05:52 PM

Assuming you have the non-multimedia and no UMI- go to the "Audio" menu in the heads up display. Press the "call end" button. You can then press the "up" or "down" button to scroll through Artist, Playlist, Songs, and Album.
Hope that helps
BTW- I see you are a Newbie. The "Search" option at the top of the page is very useful. You can even select "Advanced" and search in the W204 section only.

blue00r6 06-03-2010 06:30 PM

what does the input look like in the back of the head unit for the ipod.. is it usb or audio jack? or something proprietary that needs to be bought through MB at 10x the reasonable price..

I've got MM but no ipod integ.. i mainly just wanna be able charge my phone without a ciggy apparatus...

Krytech 06-03-2010 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by blue00r6 (Post 4103166)
what does the input look like in the back of the head unit for the ipod.. is it usb or audio jack? or something proprietary that needs to be bought through MB at 10x the reasonable price..

I've got MM but no ipod integ.. i mainly just wanna be able charge my phone without a ciggy apparatus...

On my 2008 US model w/ MM & iPod kit, when I plug in my iPhone (either my 2G or 3GS) it says charging is not supported by this adapter. To me, the iPod kit is basically worthless. Only being able to go up/down a huge song list is lame...

blue00r6 06-03-2010 07:10 PM

oh man thats pretty dumb.. they should have really put a 12v jack in the glove box then.. with a slot for the cord to pop out

jwschmid 06-03-2010 08:10 PM

I had the same problem as my newer iPod would not charge (not compatible), but all i had to do was buy the "Scosche passPORT - Charging adapter" which you can find for ~$20. After this my iPod charges perfectly and haven't had any problems in the last few months since i got it. It should work on all newer iPods, iPhones, etc.

Toast 06-03-2010 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by interiano (Post 4103012)
Thanks for replying Toast. I do not have the Nav feature in mine, so I have to control everything via my steering wheel and can only see the songs I am on via the display by the speedometer. I'm visiting my sales guy tomorrow because he is also telling me that I will have enhanced functionality with a 2nd generation or newer Ipod. Looks like I might be visiting the Apple store soon if this is the case.

Before shelling out the funds for a new ipod, maybe see if you can borrow a friend's to test it out? :)

Ron Jr 06-04-2010 07:44 AM

MB's I-Pod adaptor from 2008 is a big waste of time and money. It was an option I insisted on (I had the HK adaptor in my last car) and I was so disappointed with it I almost never use it. I use the PCIMCA instead.

mac911 06-04-2010 11:44 AM

Yeah, when you are on the "audio" screen behind the steering wheel, hold your call "END" button on the steering wheel. This will get you to the menu to go through playlists.

Let us know if you figure it out.

Good luck.

absolutleo 06-04-2010 12:57 PM

for those of you that can't get the ipod/iphone to charge with the ipod kit....
search "iphone" "passport" "scosche"
you will find your answer

ptronus31 06-04-2010 03:25 PM

As most things audio and MB, or audio and the entire auto industry - the iPod integration blows.

Here is a tip, though - once you do find what you want (using the call hang-up button on the steering wheel as the Menu button on an iPod), HOLD the up or down arrow during play to fast forward or reverse through a song/podcast or whatever. The % progress will show above the song name.

It still blows, though.

interiano 06-15-2010 03:18 PM

Toast and Akasigfreak, thank you! I ended up figuring out how to get to the albums,playlists,etc by pushing the end putton....kind of tricky i must say. I am disappointed that the information is not also displayed on the middle screen, but overall...I love my C300 enough not to dwell in this disappointment.

thank you again for your help!

Carlos

BlackjackM 07-13-2010 04:43 PM

I have the iPod integration on my 2010 with MM, but the annoying thing for me is that I have hundreds of songs not in folders. So if I'm playing a song that starts with a letter down at the end of the alphabet, and I pull up the track list, the list starts at the beginning and not at the song currently playing. So I have to scroll down manually to the song playing. Seems like a weird mistake, or maybe I'm just not using it right. It sounds fantastic, at least.

rohitvasu@hotma 06-14-2015 10:16 AM

Hi - when you connect your Aux Cable on C 300 2010 can you change songs using Dashboard controls ? And do you see list of songs on car Music system display ?

If I connect my iphone/ipod using Aux to change songs I have to change in phone , I cant change through the car music controls of next and previous. Do you know solution to this ?

I do not have UMI , do i need to get one to get this functions?