MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Confession time.... (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/357715-confession-time.html)

Ron Jr 07-04-2010 10:38 AM

Confession time....

Who else wax's there wheels? I spent yesterday waxing the car, and you all know about my nasty neighbor as I start to wax the front right wheel he shouts to his wife "I can't believe it he is waxing his tires!". Yes the idiot said tires. After waxing the outside of the door I open it and wax the jamb he then shouted "Now he's waxing inside the doors!" Now is he right and I am strange or is it a "car person" thing?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42...h/DSC_2313.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42...h/DSC_2314.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42...h/DSC_2315.jpg

Now this is shiney.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42...h/DSC_2316.jpg

The camera couldn't auto focus because of the reflection

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42...h/DSC_2318.jpg

Illusive 07-04-2010 10:44 AM

I wax my wheels. I don't wax my door jambs though, but I do dry them off along with the inside of the trunk when I was my car. I will polish and wax them if I see any sort of scratch though! I do think it is a car guy kinda thing to do, if you aren't a car guy and don't like/love your car, you could really care less. I'm assuming your neighbour is the latter!

Looking sharp! Very nice job with the wax!

C300Sport 07-04-2010 10:59 AM

I think you are completely normal...or either I am kinda wierd as well...oh well.
As far as your neighbor goes, he just needs to get a life...sounds like he is so pathethic, he can't come up with anything to say unless it is negative...I could just imagine him watching the news and loud mouthing about how everyone but him is an idiot.
Darth is looking great!! Good Job Ron!

justthinking 07-04-2010 11:09 AM

Which Nikon Camera is that?

alexlev 07-04-2010 11:13 AM

A little off topic, but you look to be my fathers age and I could only wish that he was as enthusiastic about cars as you are.

Keep it up Ron, the car looks gorgeous.

Ron Jr 07-04-2010 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by justthinking (Post 4145572)
Which Nikon Camera is that?

Nikon D60 with a Nikkor 18-55mm lens. A lot lighter than my D-70s (when I don't have the battery grip on like now), it is my quick grab camera. And to Alex, yes I'm an old fart (50) but I have always loved cars.

Sportstick 07-04-2010 11:34 AM

You mean there are some people who don't wax their wheels?:nix::crazy:

:rolf:

kevinwithdabenz 07-04-2010 12:47 PM

hey do you to keep darth nice and shiney =)

kevinwithdabenz 07-04-2010 12:48 PM

btw ron is this ur daily driver? i would NEVER expect to see someone of your age in a car modded like that. (no offense)

ldtCapitan 07-04-2010 12:51 PM

I'm running on stock wheels and I wax mine... I've never waxed the door jambs though, maybe I'll do that next time.

karwerk 07-04-2010 01:15 PM

Nice car and very nice job. would love to get a front grill like urs for a 211. Where did u buy urs?

Peabody 07-04-2010 01:25 PM

I wax inside the door jams every six months, it doesn't get the attention as often as the rest of the cars but it does get attention. I use a special wheel wax for my wheels, so don't even sweat that. You should check it out!

Niti24 07-04-2010 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by kevinwithdabenz (Post 4145641)
btw ron is this ur daily driver? i would NEVER expect to see someone of your age in a car modded like that. (no offense)

True. Its unbelievable that someone with your age has taste in cars and mods. All my dad likes is Neon lights so he can look cool driving at night. Great Car!!!

jctevere 07-04-2010 02:04 PM

Haha, your neighbor is just jealous. I don't wax my rims per-se. But I use certain stuff for rims that repels grime and dust. And while I don't always wax my door jams and insides, if I have help I do it. But I definitely go over them if they are dirty or what not. About once a year I go into the cars nooks and crannies to get all the dirt out of the crevices, clean engine compartment and such.

On a side note. I also waxed mine yesterday. I used AutoGlym as recommended by AZNC300 (Mike). And as did my father with Meguiars. Upon coming home at night with the escalades Xenons shining on my c and my fathers SL we asked my family of 8+ people in the car who's is shinier. And I won hands down! I don't know if it is because the two cars got different white color paint jobs, but I do have to admit, it is the best looking my car has ever been. Thanks mike!

Lastly, to anyone else driving this car in white. How annoying is all the black specs that get caught on the rear bumper from brake dust and doesn't come off?!?! I used cleaner wax and everything. I think I might have to resort to clay bar. This is the only spot of my car that I can't get 100% clean no matter how hard I try. Everything else is spotless. Anyone have a good method or recipe for getting these off?

EDIT: And for the record, does your useless neighbor have anything better to do with his time then criticize you for doing hard work while he sits on his arse?

Spec_Davis 07-04-2010 02:22 PM

i wax my wheels when before n after the winter season. Ron i think the D70s is a great camera with the right lens on it.

Spec_Davis 07-04-2010 02:24 PM

i wax my wheels before n after the winter season. Ron i think the D70s is a great camera with the right lens on it.

GHAZAN 07-04-2010 02:37 PM

What type of wax? Good job

ChrisBrown 07-04-2010 03:24 PM

:y

You care about your car. He's jealous and has too much time on his hands. If he has to spend time looking at you, trying to find things to make fun of you for...then he has insecurities about himself.

bigben320e 07-04-2010 03:57 PM

I wax my wheels with Swissvax wheel wax as well. Door jambs, no but they do get quick detailed.

envyxc350 07-04-2010 04:16 PM

Who DOESN'T wax there wheels is more like it :D Makes cleaning the brake dust and grim off so much easier and of course the shiny look! goes for the doorjams as well :zoom:

I'd like to hear more on the neighbor though lol, sounds like a huge douche

joshg1001 07-04-2010 04:27 PM

I think waxing the door jam might be pushing it, haha. But I do clean it everytime I wash the car.

Sportstick 07-04-2010 04:32 PM

Speaking of door jamb, have you ever opened the rear doors and looked at the stamping at the rear of the door opening aperture? The 3 stepped surfaces of the metal from the body surface in toward the interior door opening trim is great craftsmanship!! :y

Carsy 07-04-2010 04:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Ron Jr;4145554]Who else wax's there wheels? I spent yesterday waxing the car, and you all know about my nasty neighbor .

Ron, I also waxed my car including the wheels yesterday.

Our closest neighbour is a mile away so I can do almost anything !! including swim naked, pee on the lemon tree, throw our dogs manure over his fence & play loud bagpipe music.

I do the door jams ,all around inside the doors & sill, inside the top of the boot , all paintwork inside the engine bay & under the bonnet.

So don't feel uncomfortable . There is a bigger idiot out there !!

Please see attached photo of our home amongst the gum trees.

Arcoril 07-04-2010 05:39 PM

Some people have no passion for anything and aren't capable of understanding what it means to be enthusiastic about a hobby. Either that, or they're so closed minded that they can't even imagine someone else having fun doing something that they themselves don't enjoy.

Screw 'em. Your neighbors' opinions don't matter. Me? I take my wheels off, clay them, seal them, and then throw some ultra-durable Collinite 476 on top of that. Essentially, I treat my wheels the same way I treat my paint.

RLE 07-04-2010 05:58 PM

Hobbies

Originally Posted by Arcoril (Post 4145843)
Some people have no passion for anything and aren't capable of understanding what it means to be enthusiastic about a hobby.

i suspect the neighbor is one of the beige people who drive Camrys, Volvo wagons and such. Pity them.

My neighbors likely wonder about my sanity because of this but have never said anything. They are used to it after all these years.