MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   check front right parking light warning.. (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/358930-check-front-right-parking-light-warning.html)

justthinking 07-13-2010 07:34 PM

check front right parking light warning..

I got this check front right parking light warning the other day and because I was late for a meeting, I decided to check it out afterward..
However, when I re-start the car after the meeting, the msg has disappeared and both bulbs on the front right parking lights were working..

Today, the error msg appeared again and I was able to verify one of the front right parking light is indeed out..however, the warning msg disappeared and both bulbs were working again after I drove back from autozone and was ready to replace the bulb..

What do you guys think? Simply a bulb problem or is it possible a more serious electrical problem?

AkaSigFreak 07-13-2010 08:24 PM

I just had the same exact issue. I thought I was going crazy.

kevinwithdabenz 07-13-2010 08:29 PM

that happened to me before too, but the car went in for service and it never happened again.

Blazeitup123 07-13-2010 08:33 PM

parking lights only turn on when its dark out. so the reason the msg came on is because it was dusk or night, then the next day the lights didn't turn on due to daylight, therefore no trigger of the obc.

you guys don't notice your lights change when you pull into your garage?

/thread

Kenc1103 07-13-2010 08:37 PM

This happened to me when I had the LEDs installed, replaced them with Polarg M4 and it never happened again.

justthinking 07-14-2010 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Blazeitup123 (Post 4158002)
parking lights only turn on when its dark out. so the reason the msg came on is because it was dusk or night, then the next day the lights didn't turn on due to daylight, therefore no trigger of the obc.

/thread

if you read my post more closely, you will see that I mentioned only 1 of the 2 bulbs on the right side was out when the error msg showed up, then after re-start, both bulbs are working and error msg gone..

eminnet 07-14-2010 02:50 AM

I think is a problem of imperfect electric contact on bulb contacts.

JimPap 07-14-2010 03:04 AM

I had a tail light go out a couple of days ago. Actually the warning called it the right brake light.

Also a little surprised that the driver's side is the right side.

johnlk25 08-01-2010 10:39 PM

I get the right front parking light message also. When I get out of the car to check it, sure enough 1 of the eyelid bulbs is not working, but if I bang on the light with my hand, then the light comes back on.

So does it just sound like the bulb is not making good contact with the socket?

I took it to the dealership and of course it was not giving the error message at the time and the lights were all working, so they said that they cant do anything about it unless they see the error message and the bulb not working.

I get this error message almost every morning when I start my car to go to work because its still dark out.

zankok 08-02-2010 12:39 AM

i get the same thing too
1 bulb sometimes go on and some times don't i am seriously hoping it is the bulb not the car

johnlk25 08-02-2010 07:58 AM

Well, I have an appointment this Saturday at the dealership to get all my lug nuts replaced under warranty since they are all rusting.

Hopefully I will get the parking light error message while I'm there and they can look at it.

johnlk25 08-07-2010 05:59 PM

Went to the dealership today and got my bulb replaced in the right front parking light. The message just happened to be on when it was there, so they could see for themselves that I was not crazy.

They replaced the bulb and it has not happened since.........but its only been 6 hours.

They also replaced all my lug nuts on the entire car because they were all rusted. Covered under warranty.

Mercho82 05-14-2012 09:40 AM

Im having the exact same issue with my c350, did you guys ever find out what the source of the problem was? thank you

LandSeaAir 05-14-2012 09:19 PM

Its just because the bulb may be a little loose or maybe there's some corrosion on the terminals. Also it could be a bulb on it's way out, I remember mine was sporadically on and off and then it went off for good, once i replaced it, it was fine. Interesting thing is when the message is up and the car knows that bulb is out, it cuts the voltage to the bulb, so you have to cycle the ignition once the new ones back in.

dadangman 05-15-2012 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Blazeitup123 (Post 4158002)

/thread

yup! had that message b4, but it's usually one of the two bulbs that goes bad located in eyebrow of the headlights....

Mercho82 05-15-2012 03:02 PM

I took my car to the dealership and they changed the bulb, however the problem still remains... Like the original poster of this thread said this is an intermittent problem meaning that sometimes the msg appears and when I check, one of the bulbs on the front right parking lights is out but some other times the msg disappeared and both bulbs on the front right parking lights work.

My warranty is about to end so I definitely want to get this fixed before it runs out. I know it is difficult for the dealer to find what the problem is because when I take my car in the msg doesn't appear.

Domm 05-15-2012 04:02 PM

I had this problem maybe 2 months ago. The warning for the left parking light kept going on and off, but now the warning doesn't pop up and it hasn't been on for the past 2 months.. My left brake light did burn out soon after though. Maybe they're related?

Dark Kent 08-05-2012 09:04 AM

Is there a way to "reset" this warning or turn it off? Mine has been on for a while now. I know pressing the ok cancels it but just wondering if it's a way to actually turn it off completely BEFORE I get a chance to swap the bulb out

Invain15 09-14-2012 11:10 PM

Are you guys still having this problem. My right eyebrow just began doing this.

chalkpie 03-26-2013 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Kenc1103 (Post 4158008)
This happened to me when I had the LEDs installed, replaced them with Polarg M4 and it never happened again.

Hey there - so you replaced the OEWM parking bulbs with Polarg M4's and these are good to go? LED's? No computer errors? Thanks.

I have an '08 E350.

Armeni 04-02-2016 02:36 AM

Anyone figure out the issue with this? I had same message come up right after I did a car wash and when I checked it 10 min later indeed one of 2 lights was out but the message doesn't always come up, just did some search and it's the wy5w bulb blue color, do I need ones from dealer to not have any errors or the sylvania ones will do?
Thanks

JohnnyC300 04-02-2016 10:29 AM

Polarg m4 work if you want a bluish/purplish hue. Non-dealer non-oem bulbs work as well without throwing errors if they are the same type. If you want to switch to LEDs you have to find specific ones which will not throw error codes. AZNoptics sells them here. Search "c300 eyebrow lights" and you will find tons of information on your options.

Armeni 04-02-2016 04:09 PM

Thanks for the reply I just picked up the sylvania 2825 long life bulbs I am going to give these a try hopefully no errors or brightness difference :)

NewtwoMB 04-04-2016 08:27 AM

I have Polarg M4s in my W204 Sport to match the bi-xenons. The same thing happens to me on occasions whereby I get a bulb failure warning that is actually the case on checking. After switching off and restarting the fault corrects itself, the bulb works and message goes away. And yes I have noticed how the light intensity varies depending on the ambient light around the car. Have a more serious issue now - one of the bi-xenon bulbs has failed, after 2 weeks of having changed from white to pink! Not an easy fit. :zoom:

Armeni 04-04-2016 02:33 PM

Oh wow yeah same exact thing just happened now, so I go to pull out old bulb to replace it with the sylvania ones and before swap light was off I remove and it didn't look burned and reconnect and it worked so I placed original one back on and message went away then few min later I drove off and the message pops up again �� I go out and look and light is off lol can anyone explain this craziness :) ?