C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Greetings, I am new to the MB scene!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 Mercedes-Benz C300 4Matic; '99 Lexus RX300
Talking Greetings, I am new to the MB scene!

Hello everyone:

I, well my wifey and I, have just bought a CPO 2008 C300 in Arctic White. I could not possibly be more pleased with the quality and refinement in these heavenly chariots. Smooth and powerful like no other! Well I could be more pleased if I had a "63"; C or E. I am a sedan man since I have a newly growing family.

Funny story, we were looking online for rims for our Lexus RX300 and it dawned on us that since the rims were approximately $1300 we could use that to make a down payment on a used car. So we were online and my daughter, 2 years old, who was watching Sesame Street, turns to the laptop screen, as we were looking at BMW 5-series and MB sedans, and notices the white C-class MB and automatically glows with excitement and says,"Want that!" We were like,'"What!?!? Okay!!"

It was a biiiig upgrade for us since we are used to Lexus and my little '03 Honda Civic Si hatchback. I can't wait to make some simple DIY mods on it, add some aesthetic styling, and boost the performance up a bit. But like my wife says,"The car is great just the way it is." I totally agree but it gives me a sense of accomplishment when I can tweak something on it; even if it's changing the camber lights to clear.

I look forward to a great community here. I will hope to get to know some of you and maybe be able to hang out!

I live in the Milwaukee area; hope to hear from some of the locals soon!

Thanks for creating the forum!

Jon V
Old 07-30-2010, 03:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300
Welcome to the community bud.

You'll find just about anything/everything you need to know here on the board. The members here are very informative and friendly.

What packages did you get with your cpo?
Old 07-30-2010, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Welcome and congratulations!

My car will always have a soft spot for Wisconsin, as it was at a dealer there waiting to be discovered and then trucked to me in Michigan. Some smart dealer there ordered a 6 speed, while there were none to be found here.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by tehc300
Welcome to the community bud.

You'll find just about anything/everything you need to know here on the board. The members here are very informative and friendly.

What packages did you get with your cpo?
Ummm... not familiar with packages but I have:

-iPod input
-Zurich Shield interior/exterior protection
-extended warranty 'til 2015
-mp3 disk capability
-bluetooth handsfree interface
-Harman Kardon discrete Logic 7® high-end sound system

idk if I have a 6 disk in dash changer or memory to save music; haven't had time to play with it.

>> Funny story about the Zurich shield:
We bought the car last Wednesday and took delivery the same day
So on Friday night my wife gets off work and stops by to buy some liquor for a little get together we were going to have and a bottle of red wine for my dad; payment for babysitting our daughter, his granddaughter. She gets home and tells me with a little tone that the wine bottle broke in the trunk.... she didn't secure it; there was no way to secure it at the time. The wine bottle broke at the bottom as if it just fell apart; there was hardly any shattered glass except the bottom portion of the bottle. I opened the trunk and it wreaked of wine... I worked hard to mop up the liquid and used some upholstery cleaner to reduce the smell and soak up the wine staining. I had to take the spare out and clean the spare compartment also.... OMG I sweat my A** off that night.... So I cleaned it up pretty nicely and the next day I called the dealership right away to get it cleaned up and the guy said yeah bring it in right away we'll shampoo it and clean it up for you! I was like I'm loving the Customer Service at this place... I thought to myself is it the companies CS or is it because I have a MB now.... I was like it must be both ((Shout out to Cory, Luke, Larry from Mercedes-Benz of Elmbrook! Great people!)) So that was the first incident covered under the Zurich shield that we had taken care of. All within 48 of receiving the car!

So far this car has turned heads ,got us great treatment as well as a pleasure to drive , and fun stories to share!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:18 PM

W204
Congratulations on the new ride and welcome to MB !!

Funny ... you're already spoiling your little girl huh !!!???
Old 07-30-2010, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by omgitsjoe
Congratulations on the new ride and welcome to MB !!

Funny ... you're already spoiling your little girl huh !!!???
LOL... it's more like a little push in the right direction!