MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Just for Clarification..... (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/362086-just-clarification.html)

Bluewater41 08-06-2010 09:33 AM

Just for Clarification.....

I know this has been discussed numerous times on here, but because I'm in the process of getting new 18" double 5-spoke wheels (ones that come with the P2 package) for my 2009 C350, I just wanted to ensure I will not have any issues when I receive them. I currently have the stock 17" 6-spoke wheels that come with the C350 and I'm thinking that I should have no issues when I look to put the 18"s on.

Thanks for the clarification.

BlackjackM 08-06-2010 09:44 AM

If they are OEM and not replicas I don't see why you'd have any issues at all. I have these wheels on my C300 and to me they're one of the best looking wheels for this car, better than many aftermarket options as well IMHO.

Bluewater41 08-06-2010 10:20 AM

Yeah, I figured I shouldn't have any problems, but just wanted to make sure. I'm really hoping I end up getting them as they are one of the things I really wanted with my car, but didn't end up getting the P2 package. Appreciate the quick response.

Krytech 08-06-2010 12:15 PM

I'll double confirm for you; you'll have no problems :y

Are you keeping your 17" wheels or selling. Don't forget about the TPMS sensors in each wheel, are the 18" wheels you're getting coming with them?

Bluewater41 08-06-2010 12:21 PM

Krytech...good question. I'm assuming (never good to do) they come with the TPMS because it is the wheel/tire combo straight off the vehicle, but I've contacted the seller with this question. Unfortunately, I did notice two of the four wheels have curb rash on them, so I'm now not sure if I'm going to get them or not -- any idea how much it would cost to take care of curb rash (obviously it would depend on the extent of the damage)?

As far as my current 17"s, I will be looking to sell them with the OEM tires (Conti A/S). They are basically brand new and have ~1500 miles and counting on them, with no curb rash or scratches (that I can see).

Bluewater41 08-06-2010 12:23 PM

Nope..doesn't come with the TPMS, but I could use the current one on my vehicle.

Krytech 08-07-2010 10:11 AM

How bad is the curb rash? Presonally I'd probably pass on them unless they were a steal. You'd have to probably bring them in somewhere to get an estimate on fixing them. You might be able to do it yourself if you're up for it, but...

You could try contacting Keystone in Linthicum, MD to get an estimate on repairing the wheels.

Bluewater41 08-09-2010 08:53 AM

I went ahead and got them and have found a couple places to get the curb rash fixed. I should hopefully have them installed this week and will be putting my 17's up for sale (will create thread with pics), so if anyone is interested..let me know!