MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Gave up my w204 for ...... (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/368412-gave-up-my-w204.html)

omgitselaine 09-23-2010 03:59 PM

Gave up my w204 for ......

a SUV :eek: !?!?

Well .... as most of you know my lease was up on my C300 but we did keep it in the family so Joe has it now and i still do take it for a spin just to listen to the X-Pipe mod :) !!

I finally got a new ride ( well new to me :) ) 2007 low mileage Acura MDX with the Tech Package :) doesnt drive anything like the C but i knew that getting it. Guess looking to get more space in case ummmmm we start a family :rolleyes:

Here's some soorry ass pics from Joe's Blackberry !

jctevere 09-23-2010 04:06 PM

Very nice stable of cars. Any reason why you went with the mdx over the ml? Used I would imagine they are very near the same price, and I'm sure you would have gotten a great deal on the ml considering you would have received loyalty pricing.

Congrats on the new car!

omgitselaine 09-23-2010 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by jctevere (Post 4265122)
Very nice stable of cars. Any reason why you went with the mdx over the ml? Used I would imagine they are very near the same price, and I'm sure you would have gotten a great deal on the ml considering you would have received loyalty pricing.

Congrats on the new car!

It took me about a month of visiting various dealers looking at the RRS , ML's , FX's and the MDX. The deciding factor was when someone i knew from an Acura dealer called me telling me about this MDX that they just got on a trade in and him giving me a great deal that I couldnt refuse yay :)

C300S 6MT 09-23-2010 05:53 PM

My better half drives a white Acura MDX (which I actually bought at Open Road Acura in NJ.) I like it even if the third row area is kind of cramped. Hey, I don't have to sit back there and my kids are petite. It's perfect for a small family.

Congratulations. Ang galing... :zoom:

Sportstick 09-23-2010 06:08 PM

Good luck and best wishes with it....check the build date. If it's before June 07, make very sure no one is tailgating you. While since then, MDXs have gotten very good overall crash test results, before June 07 production, rear impact wasn't so great.

I am Jeff 09-23-2010 10:38 PM

Congratulations Elaine!! You'll love the MDX with the tech package. My fiance loves the interior when compared to the ML.

mac911 09-23-2010 11:12 PM

You know, it's not so heartbreaking that you still have the C300 in your stable! Good for you.

Enjoy the new one.

tanktube67 09-24-2010 11:18 AM

Congrats, enjoy your new ride.

Bluewater41 09-24-2010 12:23 PM

We are looking to upgrade my wife's MiniCooper to an SUV next year when we start looking at having our first kid and she is really liking the MDX. She really wants a vehicle that has a Hybrid option, like the Lexus SUV, but I'm not sure what she's going to eventually end up going with. It continues to change based on appearances alone (we have not test driven anything yet) and I've been wanting her to get either the new ML or the GL and she is liking the Audi and the MDX. Interesting that you chose the MDX and it appears that some other folks on this page have the same vehicle and like it. I'd be interested in your thoughts after you drive it for a couple months.

Congrats and they look great together!

omgitselaine 09-24-2010 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by jog_c300 (Post 4265328)
My better half drives a white Acura MDX (which I actually bought at Open Road Acura in NJ.) I like it even if the third row area is kind of cramped. Hey, I don't have to sit back there and my kids are petite. It's perfect for a small family.

Congratulations. Ang galing... :zoom:

Salamat :) We don't expect to use the 3rd rear seat much ( those days are loong gone ahem ahem if you know what i mean :rolleyes: J/K ) but it's nice to have just in case you desperately need the extra seating !!

Originally Posted by Sportstick (Post 4265356)
Good luck and best wishes with it....check the build date. If it's before June 07, make very sure no one is tailgating you. While since then, MDXs have gotten very good overall crash test results, before June 07 production, rear impact wasn't so great.

Really ..... ? Hmmm ... i'll be sure to keep an eye on my rearview mirror and simply floor the gas if anyone gets to close to my ummmm .... rear :p:

Originally Posted by I am Jeff (Post 4265701)
Congratulations Elaine!! You'll love the MDX with the tech package. My fiance loves the interior when compared to the ML.

Ohhh i got mine in tan with a blackish trimming and love it !!

Originally Posted by mac911 (Post 4265741)
You know, it's not so heartbreaking that you still have the C300 in your stable! Good for you.

Enjoy the new one.

Ohhh trust me i still take the C300 out for a spin here and there !! Aside from AZN's LED eyebrows and parking lights all those mods are mine :)

Originally Posted by tanktube67 (Post 4266430)
Congrats, enjoy your new ride.

Thanks tube !!

Originally Posted by Bluewater41 (Post 4266506)
We are looking to upgrade my wife's MiniCooper to an SUV next year when we start looking at having our first kid and she is really liking the MDX. She really wants a vehicle that has a Hybrid option, like the Lexus SUV, but I'm not sure what she's going to eventually end up going with. It continues to change based on appearances alone (we have not test driven anything yet) and I've been wanting her to get either the new ML or the GL and she is liking the Audi and the MDX. Interesting that you chose the MDX and it appears that some other folks on this page have the same vehicle and like it. I'd be interested in your thoughts after you drive it for a couple months.

Congrats and they look great together!

Well .... the major factor for choosing the MDX was pricing which like i said i got a killer deal from an ummmm .... old "friend" :rolleyes: but the MDX is a very nice ride and does have that 3rd row option and i do love the look especially without the new 2010 beak :eek:

rh71 09-25-2010 05:31 PM

The MDX is supposed to be one of the better driving SUVs with the SH-AWD. They put it against the X5 and handling in bends was even slightly better because of that... the X5 doesn't have an equivalent... only the X6 has it, called DPC (power to the individual wheels). Anyway, of course these SUVs drive a lot heavier overall than a passenger vehicle... all that extra weight... even bigger engines can't compensate fully.

omgitselaine 10-07-2010 10:34 AM

Hey guys ...... it's little ole meee :)

Funny I still find myself browsing MBWorld and am actually trying to convince Joe to get that HOT CF grill from FXAutodesigns !!! Well i joined Acurazine and the MDX section there isn't nearly as nice as it is here in W204 ahem ahem ...... thought I'd share recent pictures of my new ride which I'm actually loving with the 300 HP :)

I just gotta be careful stepping out of it to be sure I'm still looking like a ..... lady :rolleyes: Muuuaaa miss you guys !!

jon3sh 10-07-2010 03:07 PM

Wow Ganda ride and the driver :) Congrats on your new ride I wanted MDX so bad before but wife so inlove with the big star.

C300Kid 10-07-2010 04:19 PM

whos that chick? hahaha jk

glad you're liking it.

omgitselaine 10-07-2010 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by jon3sh (Post 4287568)
Wow Ganda ride and the driver :) Congrats on your new ride I wanted MDX so bad before but wife so inlove with the big star.

Salamat :) .... bluushing here !!! I looked at the MLs and GLs but I got a great deal on this MDX from an old friend :rolleyes: soo I couldnt refuse !!

Samieee 10-07-2010 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by omgitselaine (Post 4287154)

Funny I still find myself browsing MBWorld and am actually trying to convince Joe to get that HOT CF grill from FXAutodesigns !!! Well i joined Acurazine and the MDX section there isn't nearly as nice as it is here in W204 ahem ahem ...... thought I'd share recent pictures of my new ride which I'm actually loving with the 300 HP :)

I just gotta be careful stepping out of it to be sure I'm still looking like a ..... lady :rolleyes: Muuuaaa miss you guys !!

Hey you look beautiful :yumyum: :D

The MDX must be a great ride. I think Honda has the best navigation systems. I love my stepdad's 2010 TL, especially with over 300 HP. It even has the same MPG as the W204! :confused:

omgitselaine 10-07-2010 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by C300Kid (Post 4287726)
whos that chick? hahaha jk

glad you're liking it.

Ummmmm who's the chick :rolleyes: hmmmm you already forgot ahem ahem ?? J/K !!

Originally Posted by Samieee (Post 4287741)
Hey you look beautiful :yumyum: :D

The MDX must be a great ride. I think Honda has the best navigation systems. I love my stepdad's 2010 TL, especially with over 300 HP. It even has the same MPG as the W204! :confused:

Awwww thank you for the compliment .... bluushing even more now :eek:

The nav is pretty good though i heard with a so called "update" it can be improved upon since mine is a 2007 !! The 300 HP really makes a nice difference compared to the C but the one thing i wasn't expecting and am pleasantly surprised with the MDX is the nice roooar it has when i floor it :)

MPG .... hmmmmmm i don't even bother with trying to figure it out but i'm good for about 200 to 250 per tank so i'm happy :)

ulovemybenzo 10-07-2010 05:31 PM

weeeak team benzo 4 life sonn! hahha jk congrats on the soccer mom mobile hahhaha jk =D

FrankW 10-07-2010 08:54 PM

i like the mdx...congrats :y

Krytech 10-08-2010 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by omgitselaine (Post 4287154)

Gorgeous!

(nice car too... :y)

MDX w/ tech is a nice ride, my wife is looking to pick one up for her next SUV.

E92-Lighting 10-08-2010 02:01 PM

the MDX still drives fine to me

omgitselaine 10-23-2010 09:33 AM

Okay okay i know this isn't a umm Acura forum but i just wanted to share my simple mod on my MDX :) !! I'm still looking for a nice set of 19's or 20's for the ride and in the Spring maybe paint the calipers RED :)

Sportstick 10-23-2010 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by omgitselaine (Post 4315594)
Okay okay i know this isn't a umm Acura forum but i just wanted to share my simple mod on my MDX :) !! I'm still looking for a nice set of 19's or 20's for the ride and in the Spring maybe paint the calipers RED :)

If the mod is what I think I see....the filled-in grille...I'd certainly be keeping an eye on the temp gauge!!

omgitselaine 10-23-2010 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sportstick (Post 4315721)
If the mod is what I think I see....the filled-in grille...I'd certainly be keeping an eye on the temp gauge!!

Silly goosee ........... it's actually the same OEM grill but the upper and lower parts painted black :) not really a huge huge difference but like i said it's a simple mod. Something i would most definitatly do if i had an 2011 mdx :eek:

Sportstick 10-23-2010 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by omgitselaine (Post 4316018)
Silly goosee ........... it's actually the same OEM grill but the upper and lower parts painted black :) not really a huge huge difference but like i said it's a simple mod. Something i would most definitatly do if i had an 2011 mdx :eek:

My apologies for misinterpreting! It does look nice, but I'm surprised that the original grille was that solid. But, if that is how they made it originally, you certainly improved the appearance with the black paint. :D