MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Hit the curb. (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/368456-hit-curb.html)

huir 09-23-2010 09:49 PM

Hit the curb.

It's an exhausting Thursday fir me. I was totally exhausted and was driving.(Dangerous I know). So the story happened when I was trying to make a U-turn on the drive way. I was thinking of some other things while behind the wheel. Then the car just hit the curb and went up and down the curb. So I pulled over and check the tire and the wheel. Both the tire and the wheel were scratched. The side rubber was a little bit off due to the scratch. But it doesn't seem to be too serious with the rubber.It's 5000miles on the clock. Maybe it is time to get a new set of BLINGBLING wheels! :D
One question for you guys, do I need to perform a four-wheel alignment?:smash::zoom::crazy:

MBnewby 09-23-2010 10:52 PM

Probably just a front end alignment if you hit with your front wheels only. There are lots of wheel repair companies, ask your dealer who they use and go straight to them cutting out the middle man to save cost!

huir 09-24-2010 02:15 AM

emm.. I might hit the dealer tomorrow for a alignment. But no plan to repair the wheel right now, my girl loves to curb the wheel..lol

itcrashed 09-24-2010 10:31 AM

Get a front end alignment and ask your dealer who they take their rim jobs :naughty: to. All kidding aside, it should run you about $100 to get that rim repaired.

huir 09-24-2010 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by itcrashed (Post 4266380)
Get a front end alignment and ask your dealer who they take their rim jobs :naughty: to. All kidding aside, it should run you about $100 to get that rim repaired.

Thanks for the input. The dealer asked for 200+ to repair the wheel. I was like "ok, i might just keep the wheel like this instead of repairing it right now"

TheDarkSide 09-27-2010 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by huir (Post 4266866)
Thanks for the input. The dealer asked for 200+ to repair the wheel. I was like "ok, i might just keep the wheel like this instead of repairing it right now"

200+! lol. :bs: Looks like its time for new rims!

I am Jeff 09-27-2010 06:47 PM

You can have that rim resurfaced for around $100 a wheel.

Peabody 09-27-2010 08:41 PM

You only need an alignment if your tire starts to show shoulder wear, otherwise you're just pissing away money.

I am Jeff 09-28-2010 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Peabody (Post 4271273)
You only need an alignment if your tire starts to show shoulder wear, otherwise you're just pissing away money.

You'll also need an alignment if your car doesn't track straight.

JimPap 09-28-2010 04:23 PM

You also need an alignment if you're a worrier and not doing it would just be something to obsess about.

blue00r6 09-28-2010 05:02 PM

you also need an alignment when you tweak your back out from heavy lifting

RLE 09-28-2010 05:57 PM

Take a breath

Originally Posted by huir (Post 4265635)
It's an exhausting Thursday fir me. I was totally exhausted and was driving.(Dangerous I know). So the story happened when I was trying to make a U-turn on the drive way. I was thinking of some other things while behind the wheel. Then the car just hit the curb and went up and down the curb. So I pulled over and check the tire and the wheel. Both the tire and the wheel were scratched. The side rubber was a little bit off due to the scratch. But it doesn't seem to be too serious with the rubber.It's 5000miles on the clock. Maybe it is time to get a new set of BLINGBLING wheels! :D
One question for you guys, do I need to perform a four-wheel alignment?:smash::zoom::crazy:

Calm yourself. If this incident was as minor as you describe, you don't need to worry about alignments.

Ask your dealer who does their wheel repairs (they DO have someone, as all dealers do.) and get a repair quote from him directly. Otherwise, the dealer will add his markup. There is a big difference between scratches, scuffs and gouges, BTW.