C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

White w204 = BAD LUCK!

Old 10-12-2010, 12:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 blk/blk C63 AMG, 2010 wht/blk c300 sport, 06 c280, 12 Triumph Daytona 675R wht/blk/red
White w204 = BAD LUCK!

Hey guys,

Today i have come to the conclusion my white w204 is just bad luck through and through. listen to this story.

My father and I were in florida over the summer and decided we were going to buy a 2010 c300. i picked out white for the exterior color. we drove the car out of the showroom, and it was bad news from there. we took the Autotrain from florida to virginia. everything was going pretty smooth, (met a cute girl from florida atlantic, had some drinks with her, it was a good time. we got into virginia the next morning and hit the road at 930 am. the MINUTE we got into New Jersey, (i mean literally, at exit 4, a few miles into jersey) traffic got really really heavy, someone cut the mustang in front of us off, my dad slammed on the brakes, the mustang in front of us did the same, but it wasnt in time. 3 car pile up. luckily, we were all okay, but the front left was SMASHED. we limped the car home, and got it fixed the next day. the car is technically mine, just under his name (im only 19) so i have been driving it all the time switching between my red w203 and the white w204. about a week later, a cop ran me off the road on 206, sending me into a curb and taking off the mirror. he didnt even stop. so im thinking man this car is bad luck im gonna give it a break for a while and just ride my w203. i take it out still all the time, and drive it to philly to see my girlfriend at school, but i decided tonight im trading it in after a few short months. last week coming back from philly, the car in front of me ran head on into another car on 206 again, going 40mph, lifting both cars into the air. it was a fatal accident, blood was literally all over the place, and the passenger of the lincoln was launched out the windshield. i missed smashing into the back of this black lincoln by about 6 inches. my dad took the car to boston a few days later, and while on the highway, a truck tire blew out shooting rubber all over the road, hitting the front of the car, cracking the bumper and leaving black marks in multiple spots. lastly, today coming back from philly literally an hour ago, i was next to a silver toyota on 287, we both made the bend going 70. the toyota hydroplaned and smashed the divider, spinning the car around 3 times. i could have touched his headlights and taillights out my window as the car spun LESS THAN A FOOT FROM MY CAR. thank god he did not hit me. i made it home 15 minutes later, took out the key, and just sat in the car for a few minutes. thats when it hit me. as much as i love it, im getting rid of this car. the amount of terrible luck this car has brought my father and i since day 1 has become more than i really want to deal with. so im trading it in and my dad is going to get an S63 amg, and hes just going to give me money to mod my w203 some more (i put down $5,000 of my own money for the w204). sorry the story was so long, i just felt the need to let you all know, be careful. value life, and cherish every moment you have, because you never know when crazy things like this are going to happen. be safe out there guys.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
thank god he did not hit me. i made it home
It's not so bad you made it home.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:32 AM

2009 blk/blk C63 AMG, 2010 wht/blk c300 sport, 06 c280, 12 Triumph Daytona 675R wht/blk/red
i honestly dont know how he didnt hit me. it was probably the scariest thing ive ever seen in my entire life.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
08 c350
hahaha reminds me of my first car... 94 integra..... Just plain out bad luck.

But I'm glad both you and your dad is ok, seems like you guys both had close calls, but maybe if u had another car like a civic the bad luck could've been fatal, esp with the black lincoln where u had to brake really hard.

And I'm so jealous of your dad's new car....hahahaha
Old 10-12-2010, 12:55 AM
Niti24

I have the same bad luck with my R32. I hit a horse on by Central Park here. Luckily the horse was ok. My car on the other hand was ****ed up. Fixed it and a week later I hit a pothole and had to change both left side tires. Fixed those and I got into another accident. I was drunk and I was trying to parallel park the car between two cars and hit a u-turn into the spot. Like the **** you see in movies. I got it on the 8th and 9th try but I decided to try one last time and do it perfect. I messed up and ran into a fire hydrant. I had to fix a whole bunch of stuff so I played the insurance and got a new paint job and painted my brakes as well. Now thats bad luck. Now I have a stage 2 on it and I barely drive it cuz I think Imma mess everything up. I race in on track sometimes.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by jaeguyoon
hahaha reminds me of my first car... 94 integra..... Just plain out bad luck.

But I'm glad both you and your dad is ok, seems like you guys both had close calls, but maybe if u had another car like a civic the bad luck could've been fatal, esp with the black lincoln where u had to brake really hard.

And I'm so jealous of your dad's new car....hahahaha
thanks man, yea i love mercedes, thank god for these brakes stopping on a DIME. and my dads new car is INSANE fast. ill put up some pics soon with his jaguar xk-r face to face. he has a nice little selection haha
Old 10-12-2010, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Niti24
I have the same bad luck with my R32. I hit a horse on by Central Park here. Luckily the horse was ok. My car on the other hand was ****ed up. Fixed it and a week later I hit a pothole and had to change both left side tires. Fixed those and I got into another accident. I was drunk and I was trying to parallel park the car between two cars and hit a u-turn into the spot. Like the **** you see in movies. I got it on the 8th and 9th try but I decided to try one last time and do it perfect. I messed up and ran into a fire hydrant. I had to fix a whole bunch of stuff so I played the insurance and got a new paint job and painted my brakes as well. Now thats bad luck. Now I have a stage 2 on it and I barely drive it cuz I think Imma mess everything up. I race in on track sometimes.
R32 hmm... niceeee car man. you hit a horse???? haha good to hear the horse was alright, but thats prtty funny, how the hell did you hit a horse??? and yea that does suck dude. hahaha parallel parking is such a pain in the *** when you've been drinking.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C
Your story is like a Final Destination movie. Glad you're okay. Your dad got a major upgrade
Old 10-12-2010, 02:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
Originally Posted by Niti24
Wins the award for funniest post.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Samieee
Your story is like a Final Destination movie. Glad you're okay. Your dad got a major upgrade
hahaha yea it really is. thanks man and ohh yea he did lol.. that thing is a BEAST.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by JimPap
Wins the award for funniest post.
agreed 10000% haha
Old 10-12-2010, 08:45 AM

2008 C350
The worst thing I've experienced like this was in my last car, Volvo S60 T5.

I was coming home one night and it was somewhat slick on the interestate. NOBODY was around except for a semi in the Right lane. I was in the Left. Nobody in the middle. Truck was about 100 feet ahead of me.

All of a sudden -- i didn't see what happened to cause this -- the truck loses control. The trailer starts swinging around. It happened SO fast. By instinct I nearly hit the brake -- i woulda been destroyed. My foot found the gas and SHOVED. It may not have actually been this close if somebody was watching but I felt the turbo boost kick-in and it felt like that scrappy 5 cylinder kept me inches away from the trailer that by then was doing a full spin before jack-knifing into the tractor and throwing it against the guard rail.

It felt SO close. I was alone. I was just shaking after that, all the way home.

I take a little comfort in safe cars, especially for the wife. That's what's attracted me to Volvo and Mercedes. I feel we have the very best chances at least. But it's still some scary ****.

Last week I saw an accident with a CLK with the top down got T-boned by a hard-top mustang.

I saw the Mustang first. It was definitely totaled. Nothing ahead of the A-pillar was intact.

The CLK -- which i think you'd expect to lose structure integrity since it has no roof -- was actually driven onto a flat bed with both the passenger-side doors smashed in but no damage from any other angle.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:29 AM

damn dude thats scary as helll. i was alone last night too when the whole thing happened. ive never been so scared in my entire life driving the rest of the way home. i wanted to clal the cops or something and report it or something but i was so scared and shaken up that i didnt take my hands off the steering wheel the rest of the way home. i was scared ****less man, i didnt even sleep last night cuz i couldnt stop thinkin about it.. like what would have happened to me if he was 6 inches closer to me and sent me into a spin with him. some scary stuff man.. count your blessings i guess. i have this pendant clipped on my sun visor i got from my parents 2 years ago when i got my license that says "your guardian angel is watching over you, drive safely son" and theres an angel on it and i cant even explain it. i honestly felt like that thing has saved me so many times from so many close calls where things could have been really bad. count your blessings i guess.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:59 AM

MB C-300 Sport 2009 Manual Black XPIPE+Exhaust
wow what a story, getting rid of the car is the best choice dude next time could be deadly not a close call like youve been having. The w203 looks sick stick to it!
Old 10-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Niti24

Originally Posted by Luke_Geezy
R32 hmm... niceeee car man. you hit a horse???? haha good to hear the horse was alright, but thats prtty funny, how the hell did you hit a horse??? and yea that does suck dude. hahaha parallel parking is such a pain in the *** when you've been drinking.
lets just say I was trying to get a little extra horse power lol... nah the horse backed the carriage up into the street and i had no chance of stopping. i was doing around 35 in a 30 but still had no time.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C230 6speed/14 C63
wow crazy it luke glad ur alright man!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by 97W202
wow crazy it luke glad ur alright man!
thanks man.. sh*t was scary as all hell
Old 10-12-2010, 06:36 PM

W204
I thought I was bad luck when the hit and run happened to me. Glad you're okay.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by kirillbenz22
wow what a story, getting rid of the car is the best choice dude next time could be deadly not a close call like youve been having. The w203 looks sick stick to it!
thanks man, the w203 is my baby.i just deleted the side markers and wrapped them in carbon fiber. looks pretty bad *** in my opinion.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by W204white2010
I thought I was bad luck when the hit and run happened to me. Glad you're okay.
thanks man, yea i was in a hit and run with a cop. like wtf?? a cop took off my mirror and ran me off the road and just kept going.. sweet jersey cops. absolute douches.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C230 6speed/14 C63
luke u should have a shoot of your car man looks like you got a lot hiding there
Old 10-12-2010, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by Luke_Geezy
Hey guys,

Today i have come to the conclusion my white w204 is just bad luck through and through. listen to this story.

My father and I were in florida over the summer and decided we were going to buy a 2010 c300. i picked out white for the exterior color. we drove the car out of the showroom, and it was bad news from there. we took the Autotrain from florida to virginia. everything was going pretty smooth, (met a cute girl from florida atlantic, had some drinks with her, it was a good time. we got into virginia the next morning and hit the road at 930 am. the MINUTE we got into New Jersey, (i mean literally, at exit 4, a few miles into jersey) traffic got really really heavy, someone cut the mustang in front of us off, my dad slammed on the brakes, the mustang in front of us did the same, but it wasnt in time. 3 car pile up. luckily, we were all okay, but the front left was SMASHED. we limped the car home, and got it fixed the next day. the car is technically mine, just under his name (im only 19) so i have been driving it all the time switching between my red w203 and the white w204. about a week later, a cop ran me off the road on 206, sending me into a curb and taking off the mirror. he didnt even stop. so im thinking man this car is bad luck im gonna give it a break for a while and just ride my w203. i take it out still all the time, and drive it to philly to see my girlfriend at school, but i decided tonight im trading it in after a few short months. last week coming back from philly, the car in front of me ran head on into another car on 206 again, going 40mph, lifting both cars into the air. it was a fatal accident, blood was literally all over the place, and the passenger of the lincoln was launched out the windshield. i missed smashing into the back of this black lincoln by about 6 inches. my dad took the car to boston a few days later, and while on the highway, a truck tire blew out shooting rubber all over the road, hitting the front of the car, cracking the bumper and leaving black marks in multiple spots. lastly, today coming back from philly literally an hour ago, i was next to a silver toyota on 287, we both made the bend going 70. the toyota hydroplaned and smashed the divider, spinning the car around 3 times. i could have touched his headlights and taillights out my window as the car spun LESS THAN A FOOT FROM MY CAR. thank god he did not hit me. i made it home 15 minutes later, took out the key, and just sat in the car for a few minutes. thats when it hit me. as much as i love it, im getting rid of this car. the amount of terrible luck this car has brought my father and i since day 1 has become more than i really want to deal with. so im trading it in and my dad is going to get an S63 amg, and hes just going to give me money to mod my w203 some more (i put down $5,000 of my own money for the w204). sorry the story was so long, i just felt the need to let you all know, be careful. value life, and cherish every moment you have, because you never know when crazy things like this are going to happen. be safe out there guys.

that's a crazy story man, i'm 19 years old too and i had really bad luck with this 2001 bmw x5 4.4 i had for my first car. maybe you should take that money, sell your car, and buy an 06' c55. nothing but good luck with me
Old 10-12-2010, 08:34 PM

C204
Sorry to hear you went through all that trouble. I gave up on my Lexus a few years back just because problem after problem kept arising. The W204 has been good to me so far, but I've had TERRIBLE luck whenever handing the car over to shops/detailers. The tint shop scratched the rear window. One detailer scratched my door. This other tint shop did my windshield and ****ed up hardcore with all the bubbles and dirt under the tint. Anyone, that does anything on my car, ****s something up.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by michael kuzni
that's a crazy story man, i'm 19 years old too and i had really bad luck with this 2001 bmw x5 4.4 i had for my first car. maybe you should take that money, sell your car, and buy an 06' c55. nothing but good luck with me
ive been thinkin about it. i love the c55. i have also been looking into something along the lines of a clk500. absolutely love the body shape, and i feel like so much can be done to it
Old 10-12-2010, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by alexlev
Sorry to hear you went through all that trouble. I gave up on my Lexus a few years back just because problem after problem kept arising. The W204 has been good to me so far, but I've had TERRIBLE luck whenever handing the car over to shops/detailers. The tint shop scratched the rear window. One detailer scratched my door. This other tint shop did my windshield and ****ed up hardcore with all the bubbles and dirt under the tint. Anyone, that does anything on my car, ****s something up.
thanks man, and i know what you mean. my dad has always had the exact same problem. every time he took one of his cars in for service, he gets it back and its never the same again. he says it feels like they give him back a completely different car. i hate leaving my car anywhere, especially shops. the shop in florida that did most of the work on my w203 gave it back to me in shambles. missing parts, my heated seats no longer work, trunk open light comes up every time i start the car, even tho its closed.. wires hanging under my steering wheel that werent connected. my wipers were broken, lights out, the top rubber strip on the windshield is gone... and all of the work they did on the car had NOTHING to do with ANY of those parts...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: White w204 = BAD LUCK!