MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Can Anybody Tell me What the Latest COMMAND Software Verison is That has "Aux Boost"? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/371986-can-anybody-tell-me-what-latest-command-software-verison-has-aux-boost.html)

rb23lb 10-19-2010 07:51 PM

Can Anybody Tell me What the Latest COMMAND Software Verison is That has "Aux Boost"?

Can Anybody Tell me What the Latest COMMAND Software Version is That has "Aux Boost"?

I went to W.I. Simonson Mercedes for Service A #2 in Santa Monica, CA and the jerks there wouldn't give me the latest update even after I told them I was having the low volume issues...

I'm trying to find out the software version number and see if I can request an update with the latest Aux boost software from another dealer...

The dealer I took it to said the option did "not exist" and I told them otherwise and that I saw it on the forums and they said I was crazy basically and that they are the techs and blah blah blah "everything you read on the internet isn't true" etc etc...

So that is why I turn to the trusty forum to get the real deal info...

If anybody could give me the version # that has this new option, I would greatly appreciate it...

Thanks in advance! :y

GHAZAN 10-19-2010 08:10 PM

it exists...just get the newest software. Tell them to put something on the table if there so sure. I'll look up mine later

rb23lb 10-20-2010 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by GHAZAN (Post 4308851)
it exists...just get the newest software. Tell them to put something on the table if there so sure. I'll look up mine later

cool, thanks man... if you could take a quick picture of your actual version number, that would be really helpful... or if u could just list it and then I could tell them what the latest is... thanks

rb

Wadess 12-05-2010 03:07 PM

Did you ever get an answer to this? I've talked to my dealership and they didn't seem to have a clue. A version number would help me get them on the right track.

joshg1001 12-05-2010 03:54 PM

I have been denied twice from two different dealerships. They looked at me crazy saying that an update does not show up on the computer

Wadess 12-05-2010 04:01 PM

Maybe Ghazan will actually post a version number and picture. The only one I have seen with the Aux Boost was a euro version.

whacko77uk 12-07-2010 11:29 AM

Im in the UK and have the same issue with the dealer eventually spoke with the service manager who found the update on their system. Im dropping the car of for the update 15 Dec.

There are pics on another thread, I used them as evidence in my conversation with the dealership.

jctevere 12-07-2010 02:44 PM

I don't think it is available via a software update? I think it is hardware based. I know that my sisters 2011 c-class came with this option standard in the command (audio 20) but I just brought my car to the dealer to have stuff updated and I still don't get that option even though they say they put the latest version on.

I guess its similar to the tpms sensor for '10 and above and 08-09. '10 and '11 can actually read the pressure in each wheel on the driver screen.

vic viper 12-07-2010 03:48 PM

A FW update will fix this issue, it will also add some diffferent design elements to the map and install a brand new Navigation software.

However this FW need to be done by an authorized dealer through Xentry Diagnostics and the dealer needs the latest Telematics disc for the W204

ltaylorwarren 12-07-2010 05:35 PM

What is the version of this FW update?

Originally Posted by vic viper (Post 4396857)
A FW update will fix this issue, it will also add some diffferent design elements to the map and install a brand new Navigation software.

However this FW need to be done by an authorized dealer through Xentry Diagnostics and the dealer needs the latest Telematics disc for the W204

GHAZAN 12-07-2010 07:30 PM

you don't need a version number just tell them UPDATE the Comand and NAVI...your dealer is jerking you and not in the way you like

after the update there is a setting for AUX Volume boost or something like that...then smack them in the face for wasting your time and not knowing anything

Wadess 12-08-2010 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by GHAZAN (Post 4397325)
you don't need a version number just tell them UPDATE the Comand and NAVI...your dealer is jerking you and not in the way you like

after the update there is a setting for AUX Volume boost or something like that...then smack them in the face for wasting your time and not knowing anything

So even after reading of other users having problems with their dealers and knowing the version number you mentioned in October would help, you post this crap? I dont think we need anyone else "jerking" us. Thanks!

GHAZAN 12-08-2010 09:10 PM

what?? I can't hear you sorry my ipod was boosted!

hahah, version numbers have already been posted in another COMAND thread boyyy. btw just bc your dealer is screwing you doesn't mean you have to take your frustrations out on me, an update is an update. If they plug your C in, it will be downloaded.

Wadess 12-09-2010 10:29 AM

I will just follow forum rules and bid you a good day. You're not worth the effort.

tkn 12-21-2010 11:03 AM

I'd just call MB USA (or your regional company) and complain about the issue. I personally think COMAND updates should be part of warranty service since they are fixing problems with the car. COMAND is already terrible enough that who wants to deal with more crap?

I just told my dealer that I had spoken to MBUSA and they said I needed a COMAND update. Done.

whacko77uk 12-21-2010 11:45 AM

After much debate and research with my service manager at MB UK, it was ascertained that all cars from 2009 came with this feature as standard for the Aux function only. However as soon as the UMI / ipod kit is added the firmware is different and does not include this function as an amp is allegedly built into the grey box which sits inside the glove compartment.

I had a look at the new cars they had on the shop floor and they had the boost function in the Aux mode only.

The other threads and pics on the forum appear to show this for the Aux function, however if you find a pic detailing this on the ipod function please post and I can have another go.

I also bought the amplifier as suggested here but there is no way for the inline amp to be connected to the new UMI and the amp can only be used with pre 2009 ipod kits.

:confused::confused::confused: