C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

How many of you are into the stance scene?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
w204 C300
wow...thats something I have never seen before....have to look into those.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 W204 Sport
Matt, what would an aggressive ET for this car be?

Can we run 19x10.5 width tires in the rear and 19x9.5 in the front?
Old 02-01-2011, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by hitokiri89
Agreed . I think these cars look good like this although its not for everyone . Most people work very hard to afford a Mercedes or other highly engineered cars and by the time they get said car their taste will have changed . Example : s class buyer up to their 30's might swap out wheels or maybe a tune ... someone older say in their 40s probably wouldnt be interested in changing anything . Its really all about age demographic .
Agreed about the age thing. I can't believe that my tastes have changed over the years. I prefer the slightly lowered look as opposed to the "slammed" look.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C350-Sold. Now, M3 Vert
I'm running 19x 8.5 and 9.5.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:56 AM

w204 C300
Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
Matt, what would an aggressive ET for this car be?

Can we run 19x10.5 width tires in the rear and 19x9.5 in the front?

9.5 et 25 10.5 et 30...pretty damn close being perfect IMO..but I think I would go in 30 up front and mid 30's in the back. On this car I dont want too much poke. I am still waiting for him to post three quarter views of the car and the poke.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1967 Morris Cooper "S", 1983 911SC, 1997 Toyota Tacoma, 1999 HD FXSTB, 1998 C43
Originally Posted by hitokiri89
Agreed . I think these cars look good like this although its not for everyone . Most people work very hard to afford a Mercedes or other highly engineered cars and by the time they get said car their taste will have changed . Example : s class buyer up to their 30's might swap out wheels or maybe a tune ... someone older say in their 40s probably wouldnt be interested in changing anything . Its really all about age demographic .

You nailed it with that comment - I prefer my cars unmolested. I generally would not buy a car that has been modified like any of these cars.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:19 PM

W204
Originally Posted by ulovemybenzo
hell yea!!! this was before i cut the springs the second time and cut the bumpstops... (yea yea haters gon hate BRING IT )

sad to say the first pic i posted with the white wheels is the only pic of it slammed (****ty cell phone pic too) like 2 weeks after i ****n wrecked it...
did you cut stock springs? and how much?

i see your car on western almost everday.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:33 AM

2009 CL63, 2013 GL550
Wow, I almost **** my pants when I saw that Hellaflush youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-BGIcRBPHM

I personally hate this look... alot. It makes me want to go up to the owners and kick them in the ***** and then spit into their mouth when they're on the floor

While I'm cool with people doing their own thing, I can't count how many times I'm looking through classifieds or in person at cars and find one that's perfect- except I'd have to un-hellaflush the car. Spending $5,000 on top of the purchase price to remove garbage chinese parts to get the car back to stock shape? No thanks
Old 03-17-2011, 09:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 e350 Luxury
Originally Posted by Mr_Clifton
Wow, I almost **** my pants when I saw that Hellaflush youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-BGIcRBPHM

I personally hate this look... alot. It makes me want to go up to the owners and kick them in the ***** and then spit into their mouth when they're on the floor

While I'm cool with people doing their own thing, I can't count how many times I'm looking through classifieds or in person at cars and find one that's perfect- except I'd have to un-hellaflush the car. Spending $5,000 on top of the purchase price to remove garbage chinese parts to get the car back to stock shape? No thanks

Wow, it has really had an impact on you... Pet ran over by "Hella-Flush" ride?
Old 03-17-2011, 09:58 AM

w204 C300
Around here the people that follow the hella flush scene have expensive wheels and top of the line air systems/coilovers. I don't know what they are talking about with the cut springs and sport max wheels....?
Old 03-17-2011, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 W204 Sport
Originally Posted by stogge

Originally Posted by Matt_Eurojerks
Around here the people that follow the hella flush scene have expensive wheels and top of the line air systems/coilovers. I don't know what they are talking about with the cut springs and sport max wheels....?
+1...
Old 03-17-2011, 11:09 AM

2009 CL63, 2013 GL550
Originally Posted by stogge
I'd just be happy if people kept their original parts and replaced them before they trade the car into the dealership for another car they're going to chop up.

For example, check this out (found it within a minute)
http://www.cdmdata.com/cdmdigitallot...tlink=noparams

Love the CLS. This is RennTeched, cool. WTF is up with the wheels... deal breaker.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:18 AM

w204 C300
That's a joke right? Craigslist/ebay them. What does it take 20min to take wheels off and replace them with wheels that you like? If they are of no value to you sell them for what you pick up new wheels for and make someones day. Simple if you ask me.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 W204 Sport
Deal breaker over wheels? lmao
Old 03-17-2011, 12:55 PM

'09 C300 Sport (Manual)
Originally Posted by mykim72
did you cut stock springs? and how much?
Cutting springs is a very, very bad idea and dangerous. I've seen springs mangled like a twisted paperclip on an Acura that were cut, he was taking a turn at 10mph.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:17 PM

W204
Originally Posted by jadewombat
Cutting springs is a very, very bad idea and dangerous. I've seen springs mangled like a twisted paperclip on an Acura that were cut, he was taking a turn at 10mph.
just curious...ive never had anything but pro-kits but im digging the whole flush look now...this is my daily driver and dont go fast in this car...
Old 03-17-2011, 05:47 PM

'09 C300 Sport (Manual)
From basics physics, F=kx for springs. F in this case is the force (or load) a spring can handle, k is the spring constant, and x is the distance it is displaced (compressed in this case). All of these things affect how the spring will return back to normal (uncompressed).

The most important part here is k, the spring was designed to work within a certain range for a certain load. There are other aspects of progressive springs for ride quality (wound tighter in the upper half vs the lower and at different ratios) but we won't get into that. If you have a car spring that is let's say 10 inches lenth and has a total spring constant (k) of 1.0 (fake number), if you cut 1 inch off of that you aren't increasing the (k) constant by 10% to compensate and support the same load, you're doing just the opposite (and not you could not necessarily be reducing it by 10% either it may be a significant change less). Ever notice how lowering springs are stiffer than stock ones? There's a reason for that, you're asking the lowered springs to support the same weight of the car but in a much tighter suspension travel range (lowered). I.e. if your stock springs are designed to give 3" of suspension travel over normal bumps, etc. that stock spring that has been cut is still designed to give near 3" of travel but over that original 10" of spring (using all of it).

Hope this makes sense. All of the examples I've seen where people have cut springs either wind up with something that rides like poop, blow inserts and rides on the bumps stops, or worse.

I have never seen a professional racer, shop, or otherwise recommend actually cutting springs. In the 1970s book "How to make your car handle" (don't laugh, a lot the principles are still the same, he outlines a method of compressing the spring and evenly heating in an oven, this 'resets' the ride height of the spring and keeping the same load support). I'm not sure if they even still do this anymore, but with the low cost of a good set of springs, having to take them off the car anyway, why even chance it?
Old 03-17-2011, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c350coupe, Gencoupe R-spec
i was always into the stance scene/slamming cars, my old 350z was slammed on tien coilovers, i've been wanting to put coilovers on my c350, but im unsure with which ones to go with? H&R would be my first pick, anyone have any input on these?
Old 03-18-2011, 02:07 AM

2011 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by jadewombat
From basics physics, F=kx for springs. F in this case is the force (or load) a spring can handle, k is the spring constant, and x is the distance it is displaced (compressed in this case). All of these things affect how the spring will return back to normal (uncompressed).

The most important part here is k, the spring was designed to work within a certain range for a certain load. There are other aspects of progressive springs for ride quality (wound tighter in the upper half vs the lower and at different ratios) but we won't get into that. If you have a car spring that is let's say 10 inches lenth and has a total spring constant (k) of 1.0 (fake number), if you cut 1 inch off of that you aren't increasing the (k) constant by 10% to compensate and support the same load, you're doing just the opposite (and not you could not necessarily be reducing it by 10% either it may be a significant change less). Ever notice how lowering springs are stiffer than stock ones? There's a reason for that, you're asking the lowered springs to support the same weight of the car but in a much tighter suspension travel range (lowered). I.e. if your stock springs are designed to give 3" of suspension travel over normal bumps, etc. that stock spring that has been cut is still designed to give near 3" of travel but over that original 10" of spring (using all of it).

Hope this makes sense. All of the examples I've seen where people have cut springs either wind up with something that rides like poop, blow inserts and rides on the bumps stops, or worse.

I have never seen a professional racer, shop, or otherwise recommend actually cutting springs. In the 1970s book "How to make your car handle" (don't laugh, a lot the principles are still the same, he outlines a method of compressing the spring and evenly heating in an oven, this 'resets' the ride height of the spring and keeping the same load support). I'm not sure if they even still do this anymore, but with the low cost of a good set of springs, having to take them off the car anyway, why even chance it?
In my youth/teenage/early 20s (34 now) I have both heated and later cut springs on my Hondas. Can't imagine doing something like that on a 40k+ car though! Guess I'm gettin' old!
Old 03-18-2011, 03:50 AM

W204 CGI Turbo AMG
Hey guys, I'm from Hong Kong!

Old 03-18-2011, 04:52 AM

C300
welcome!

I'm into the stance seen and I have an extra set of black 17x8 BBS rk's with an offset of 35. im going to put them on my car the end of this month. i have to put some beefy tires on there so it doesnt look to weird. in my opinion, i like the beefy tire look. let me know if im crazy or not

Last edited by dewydang; 03-18-2011 at 05:46 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 W204 Sport
I didnt think anyone cut springs still but ricers? I was never fond of the idea anyways...

Originally Posted by handsomechris
Hey guys, I'm from Hong Kong!

ERROR 404:
Stance not found

But welcome to the forum
Old 03-18-2011, 08:24 AM

C300
Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
I didnt think anyone cut springs still but ricers? I was never fond of the idea anyways...

ERROR 404:
Stance not found

But welcome to the forum

Nice photoshop on those rims HongKong....
Old 03-18-2011, 09:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Applaud the optimism, but I think many here will hold out for the next fad that actually improves the cars, not wrecks them! I have it! Let's move on from "stance" to "stability"...thicker antisway bars for everyone!
But then no one will crank their neck and go WTF WAS THAT??!! when you drive by.

I wasn't sure if the op was a troll or what, but at least the thread is entertaining enough.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 W204 Sport
^yawn

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: How many of you are into the stance scene?