C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

DIY for W204 Side Mirror LED replacement??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG (APX, MPX), 2006 Jetta 2.0T (Traded), 2003 Mazda 3 (Sold)
DIY for W204 Side Mirror LED replacement??

So I was looking at my side mirror and noticed there was condensation inside. So out of curiousity, I picked at it, and the whole clear plastic piece covering the LEDs came off.

I also noticed there was some pry marks on the lense, so I am thinking the previous owner tried to do some LED mod, but failed?? (Also means, screw me, coz its going to be an argument with the stealership for warranty repairs)

Anyway, I temporary stick it back on with some super glue, but ultimately, I want to get the LED module replaced, because of condensation. Anyone has got a writeup/DYI they can share?

I am sure its not rocket-science, I just don't want to break the driver side mirror on the process as the glass is heated PLUS autodimming.. given we ALL know how expensive this part is!!

(BTW, checked the DYI already, none there. There was a thread about the ENTIRE side mirror unit, but none just for the LED module)
Old 03-27-2011, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C Class
Unfortunately cant help you with the DIY, but I also have one side mirror that has condensation in the clear transparant cover, sounds like it might be a common problem as I know nobody has removed the cover, the mirror also makes a grinding noise as it folds in so not sure if that was part of the problem?