C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

My c-class is 20 months old and rusting :-(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C200 Estate
My c-class is 20 months old and rusting :-(

Ive posted in the general Mercedes forum about something that might be intrresting for W204 owners, but mostly is a question about general Mercedes quality. Its probably forbidden to cross post and link to you own post in a different sub forum but i do it anyway because this will interest all c-class owners.

https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...-think-so.html
Old 05-26-2011, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Please also post in MB Private Lounge....
Old 05-26-2011, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C200 Estate
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Please also post in MB Private Lounge....
Is that a part of this forum or a part of Mercedes US website?

Mercedes in Sweden has been notified but they dont seem to take it as serious as it is. The biggest car magazine in Sweden "Vi bilägare" have followed up on Mercedes rust problems for many years and would jump on this with great enthusiasm, i hope this was bad luck and want to stay loyal with Mercedes but its very hard right now.

At least i dont want any scandals about the c-class before i sell mine.

The guy at the dealership had a theory about recycled metal and that its possible that some dirt or contamination in the sheet metal could cause this, it sounded like this together with environmental friendy paint has increased this problem lately.

If this would show to be an epidemic problem once again, i think Mercedes would loose all the credability they managed to recover since early 2000´s rust problems. This can cost Mercedes so much money and bad marketing with the big seller C-class that im amazed that they dont do all they can to solve my problems.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
One issue to consider is whether you are looking at original sheetmetal and/or paint. Try to have another expert take a look and come up with an opinion if this was possibly replaced or repainted due to damage prior to new car delivery....check paint on all attachment hinge hardware, etc.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 119 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
I'm so sorry to hear that I would definitely classify that as covered by warranty. My dealer told me that everything done under the warranty doesn't show up on the Carfax, but I'm not too sure. Anyways, when I was researching the C class, I saw that many C's are produced in the South Africa plant, which uses recycled metal in comparison to the German plants. Maybe that has something to do with it...