MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   COMAND Software Update (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/412261-comand-software-update.html)

ucfbeta92 08-20-2011 07:28 PM

COMAND Software Update

Yay, got my COMAND software update today from MB dealer!! (for best effect, say it in your best 'Special Ed' from Crank Yankers voice)

Changes: Analog clock displays in System menu; time continues to show on NAVI full-screen; in NAVI Bird-eye mode, the sky color for day and night have been updated (color gradient in day mode, stars in night mode); in AUX mode, addition of a Volume menu with two options: Standard and Boost; maybe it's my eyes, but the MB boot-up logo looks a little different too (nice different). There might be more, but that's all I've found.

From reading other threads, I knew that A2DP / bluetooth streaming wasn't going to happen, but I was still hoping. No luck. Checked the engineering menu as well, but HU Parameters still doesn't show BT Audio (like it does for our friends in the E-Class). Oh well, I'll live.

If interested, I can put up some pictures of the post-update COMAND.

Oh, and the best part is, I didn't lose my phone numbers / saved destinations, etc. They said it would take 2-3 hours and I got my car back in the promised time. Free under factory warranty, but I was told folks on CPO warranty or any extended warranty would have to pay for the software update.

Hope this is helpful. :)

Note to Mods: If you'd like to merge this with another thread, please feel free to do so.

wnunez89 08-20-2011 07:43 PM

nice! Ive been wanting/needing to update my COMAND just dont wanna pay and arm and a leg

ucfbeta92 08-20-2011 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by wnunez89 (Post 4801007)
nice! Ive been wanting/needing to update my COMAND just dont wanna pay and arm and a leg

Do it before your factory warranty runs out bud!

Next on my list - a map update (maybe wait till the 2012 one comes out).. I wonder if anyone here is interested in doing another group buy. I've seen group-buy threads in the past.

jwschmid 08-20-2011 08:33 PM

So you can get the free Navigation update as long as it's before the factory warranty runs out (I believe it's 4yrs/50k miles on my 09 C300)? My vehicle is a CPO for 5yrs/100k but it's less than 3 years old with 39k, so that means I can bring in my vehicle for this free update? I was completely unaware that these updates were covered under factory warranty and I was planning on purchasing a DVD in the near future.

jwschmid 08-20-2011 08:35 PM

And now I realize the COMAND update is distinct from the maps update, which I will still need to buy, but it's still great news about the free COMAND update!

ucfbeta92 08-20-2011 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by jwschmid (Post 4801050)
And now I realize the COMAND update is distinct from the maps update, which I will still need to buy, but it's still great news about the free COMAND update!

yep :)

jwschmid 08-20-2011 08:46 PM

Makes sense. If there is interest in a group buy for the 2012 version I would definitely be interested.

xolinlevh 08-20-2011 11:13 PM

Being a new Benz owner here i am not sure how often updates come out (for Command or maps) or what they cost. Where can i check what the current version of the maps/command is and then compare it to what mine has? and whats the going price for the updates? thanks!

And command is covered by warranty? but not maps? '10 CPO here so plenty of warranty left to cover it if it is under it...

xolinlevh 08-21-2011 12:29 AM

PS id like to see pics :)

JaCe88 08-21-2011 06:23 AM

I'm impressed you guys are able to update your COMAND so easily in the US. Over here in Aus I'd imagine the dealers would say tough luck.

ucfbeta92 08-21-2011 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by xolinlevh (Post 4801203)
PS id like to see pics :)

Not a problem- I'll try to take some tonight or tomorrow morning.

Originally Posted by JaCe88 (Post 4801356)
I'm impressed you guys are able to update your COMAND so easily in the US. Over here in Aus I'd imagine the dealers would say tough luck.

Doesn't hurt to ask though. This forum is a great source of information- one person gets something done, spreads the word and then more of us benefit from knowing exactly what to ask for.

xXHotelCrazyXx 08-21-2011 05:58 PM

Is the software update free under warranty?

ucfbeta92 08-21-2011 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx (Post 4801854)
Is the software update free under warranty?

Yup, free under factory warranty.

xXHotelCrazyXx 08-21-2011 06:50 PM

Awesome thank you!

ucfbeta92 08-21-2011 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx (Post 4801911)
Awesome thank you!

:cheers:

xolinlevh 08-22-2011 12:26 AM

Is there a way to check the current version of the software to see if it needs updating?

ucfbeta92 08-23-2011 11:28 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Sorry for the delay - here are some pictures after the update:

COMAND HU version, H/W information (2 images), analog clock in System menu, Standard/Boost volume option in Audio > Aux mode, and starry skyline with clock in Birds-eye Nav mode.

Someone else on this forum (not 100% sure if they had the W204) had a COMAND update after which the display also showed temperature on the screen. Not sure what version they were on because I don't see it.

@xolinlevh: I guess you'd want to compare your HU version with mine. I think that's the COMAND software version.

newyorktoLA 08-23-2011 11:40 AM

I called a few dealers and found out that the software updates are only free within the first 50,000/4 year new manufacturer's warranty, NOT the extended warranty. Can anyone here account to a different experience?

xolinlevh 08-23-2011 11:55 AM

Where is the version menu located?

Originally Posted by ucfbeta92 (Post 4804050)

COMAND HU version, H/W information (2 images), analog clock in System menu, Standard/Boost volume option in Audio > Aux mode, and starry skyline with clock in Birds-eye Nav mode.

Someone else on this forum (not 100% sure if they had the W204) had a COMAND update after which the display also showed temperature on the screen. Not sure what version they were on because I don't see it.

@xolinlevh: I guess you'd want to compare your HU version with mine. I think that's the COMAND software version.

ucfbeta92 08-23-2011 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by amaycg (Post 4804065)
I called a few dealers and found out that the software updates are only free within the first 50,000/4 year new manufacturer's warranty, NOT the extended warranty. Can anyone here account to a different experience?

Exactly what my dealer said.. Free only under the factory warranty (i.e., original 4 year / 50,000 mile warranty) and not under other warranties (CPO, Extended warranty, etc).

Of course, if you're just out of your factory warranty, or you ask very nicely, you never know what may happen. :)

ucfbeta92 08-23-2011 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by xolinlevh (Post 4804085)

I'll have to check and let you know... can't remember off the top.

xolinlevh 08-23-2011 12:05 PM

ok :) Figure ill call my dealer and check if mine is eligable for the free update anyway. '10 CPO model, but as its 1 year old and less then 50k miles im wondering if that makes it eligible as a original warranty car.....

newyorktoLA 08-23-2011 12:06 PM

I believe it does because the CPO warranty starts after the 4yr/50,000 mile new warranty ends!

xolinlevh 08-23-2011 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by amaycg (Post 4804109)
I believe it does because the CPO warranty starts after the 4yr/50,000 mile new warranty ends!

score :) i feel like such a idiot asking some of these questions, first benz/first time buying a car.....i know nothing :nix:

coolvi 08-23-2011 12:27 PM

Had mine updated a while back in an attempt to fix the audio volume reset issue at every start. Dealer found no known fix but flashed the firmware and their test reported that it had fixed the problem. After I got the car back I realized the audio system only brings the volume to the same level when I play MP3's off a USB flash drive. I usually have my music on at a lower volume so it's become a habit to reach for the volume knob or the vol-down button on the wheel everytime I start it. I have given up on it.

Back to the update: The clouds (navigation) actually scroll/move and the stars dim at night (if that effect isn't caused by my fatigue eyes after work. :rolleyes:

ucfbeta92 08-23-2011 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by xolinlevh (Post 4804085)

In the Engineering menu, look under HU information, and on the third page, you will find HU version.

xolinlevh 08-23-2011 03:48 PM

HU for me is 09 09 00, so im guessing im out of date?

*edit* called dealer and they say they have 'one in stock' version 1 of 2011, so im guessing thats 11 01 00? so your dealer must have something newer then mine. And they also told me that updates are NOT covered by warranty, only if something goes wrong is it a warranty thing.....

xolinlevh 08-23-2011 04:05 PM

Also, just called MB customer support to see what they say the most current version is, and they told me there arent updates for command, just for maps, and its NOT covered by warranty....im so confused right now.....

ChrisBrown 08-23-2011 04:17 PM

The MB customer support line doesn't always know all of these details. It's really a crap shoot when calling them. Do you have a good relationship with a service adviser at your dealer? The good ones (hard to find sometimes) have all of this information.

xolinlevh 08-23-2011 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisBrown (Post 4804427)
The MB customer support line doesn't always know all of these details. It's really a crap shoot when calling them. Do you have a good relationship with a service adviser at your dealer? The good ones (hard to find sometimes) have all of this information.

Well, this is my first benz, my first car ive bought myself for that matter (not a parental hand me down) and i only got it ~3 weeks aog, so im brand new to the dealership......Theres one girl there whos really nice and has helped me each time ive brought it in (new plates, clear bra, broken cup holder :rolleyes: ) but i have miss-placed her card....

ucfbeta92 08-23-2011 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by xolinlevh (Post 4804496)
Well, this is my first benz, my first car ive bought myself for that matter (not a parental hand me down) and i only got it ~3 weeks aog, so im brand new to the dealership......Theres one girl there whos really nice and has helped me each time ive brought it in (new plates, clear bra, broken cup holder :rolleyes: ) but i have miss-placed her card....

Big mistake - Never misplace a helpful / friendly girl's business card.. :slap: especially if she's cute too. And always remember to say thank you. A compliment every now and then helps too. ;)

Just giving you a hard time bud.

xolinlevh 08-23-2011 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by ucfbeta92 (Post 4804565)
Big mistake - Never misplace a helpful / friendly girl's business card.. :slap: especially if she's cute too. And always remember to say thank you. A compliment every now and then helps too. ;)

Just giving you a hard time bud.

grabbed my entire service pack/manual thing from the car and it had her card, dont think shes working today, keeps going to her voicemail. Not sure what to do here, if the dealer thinks that its not covered, do i start a argument with them and try to convince them its covered? looked through the service and warranty packet and theres no real mention of maps or command stuff in it, so not sure what to do now =/

ucfbeta92 08-23-2011 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by xolinlevh (Post 4804589)
grabbed my entire service pack/manual thing from the car and it had her card, dont think shes working today, keeps going to her voicemail. Not sure what to do here, if the dealer thinks that its not covered, do i start a argument with them and try to convince them its covered? looked through the service and warranty packet and theres no real mention of maps or command stuff in it, so not sure what to do now =/

I guess this is what I would do: ask the SA, if the SA says no, and you're willing to wait till the next time you take your car in for some other service, then make an appointment with a different SA. Or, instead of waiting, ask to talk to the Service Director (or whoever is the head honcho over there). Explain politely but stand your ground that you know what you're talking about and it's been done for other clients. Explain that you're talking about the COMAND firmware / software, and not asking for a free Navigation map update.

If you're asked why, you can tell them that you are having issues with Auxiliary input (volume too low) and you heard that the new version of the COMAND software has a volume "Boost" feature, and helps with intermittent Bluetooth static issues. (make it sound reasonable enough to where it doesn't seem like you just want an update for the heck of it).

If all else fails, visit another MB dealership in your area. You may have better luck there. I'd say don't give up until you've exhausted all avenues.

I'd say don't have an argument because you risk having that SA go around telling his co-workers and his boss and you'll get labelled as a jerk. Then you'll have a hard time trying to get them to do anything for you.

I've only had a major disagreement with an SA once, and I just asked to see his boss because arguing with him was going to serve no purpose. The boss was able to resolve a particular issue that I'd been trying for months to get addressed. I don't deal with that SA anymore, but I always go back to that dealership for almost everything.

xolinlevh 08-23-2011 10:00 PM

Is it laid out anywhere in the warranty documentation that the command updates are included in the coverage? If i have to go argue my point with the SA id like to have something to back me up

ucfbeta92 08-24-2011 01:06 AM

That I don't know. I haven't ever really asked to see what they would cover under the factory warranty. I just know that it covers above and beyond what you're average japanese or korean car warranty would ever cover.

Perhaps someone else on this forum would know more about what is explicitly covered under this warranty.

Things I know that are not covered: tires, brakes, transmission fluid / brake fluid flush, floor mats, oil changes, etc.

Things that have been covered for me over the time I've owned my previous Benz and this one: dead headlamp, turn signal mounted on side-view mirror, replacement of various pieces of trim (that were peeling, or in one case, a broken plastic piece of trim under driver seat), now the comand software update, removal of a home-burned CD that was stuck in the CD drive (apparently my W203 didn't like home-burned CDs, and there was an internal MB memo about that, and they could have asked me to pay for it). What I don't know is how many of these things they were required to do under factory warranty and how much of it was done as a customer satisfaction / courtesy to win my business. I certainly appreciate it all.

xolinlevh 08-24-2011 09:13 AM

So while driving in to work today i was fiddling around with teh system, and noticed i have the boost option available in my AUX input screen, so I do have the newest version then? Maybe the HU version is somethign else? I think i may just bring the car in and ask them to look at it and see what they say needs updating, command, maps, etc, just to get a definitive answer, while still trying to prove the update should be under the warranty.

ucfbeta92 08-24-2011 09:51 AM

I could've sworn that I didn't have the Boost feature before the update, but maybe I'm wrong.. If all I got from the update was an analog clock and some stars and clouds, that'd be pretty funny. Oh well, at least I got some billable work done for a project while I was waiting at the dealership.

xolinlevh 08-24-2011 09:53 AM

Makes me really wish MB had a website listing the current versions of the software, changes through the various versions.....so i could tell what i have, because i also have the analog clock, but not the changing header thing, no stars/sun stuff changing

xolinlevh 08-24-2011 02:45 PM

So called dealer today, nice girls still not in :( Called the MB support line again, hoping for a more intelligent rep, described the situation:
"friend of mine got his COMMAND software updated recently, wanted to check if mines still eligible under the warranty for the update"
and i got back:
"ya mean the maps err something? You need to ask your dealer about that" jesus.....
"No, the actual command software"
"ya like sometimes they do that if like there's a problem with it, but nah like its not a warranty thing if there ain't a problem with it, i dont think.....talk to your dealer"
"Can you then tell me what the most current version of the COMMAND software is?"
"you would need to ask your dealer that"

So once again, no help at all. And worse, whats the point of the MB help phone # if the person who answers dosent know anything and just says 'ask your dealer'......

iGeorge 08-24-2011 08:34 PM

I spent an interesting afternoon on the phone with the dealership I purchased my C300 from. They are quite adamant there is no updates for Command software. So are they not supposed to update Command units or something?

jsoto1 08-24-2011 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by ucfbeta92 (Post 4801000)
Yay, got my COMAND software update today from MB dealer!! (for best effect, say it in your best 'Special Ed' from Crank Yankers voice)

Changes: Analog clock displays in System menu; time continues to show on NAVI full-screen; in NAVI Bird-eye mode, the sky color for day and night have been updated (color gradient in day mode, stars in night mode); in AUX mode, addition of a Volume menu with two options: Standard and Boost; maybe it's my eyes, but the MB boot-up logo looks a little different too (nice different). There might be more, but that's all I've found.

From reading other threads, I knew that A2DP / bluetooth streaming wasn't going to happen, but I was still hoping. No luck. Checked the engineering menu as well, but HU Parameters still doesn't show BT Audio (like it does for our friends in the E-Class). Oh well, I'll live.

Oh, and the best part is, I didn't lose my phone numbers / saved destinations, etc. They said it would take 2-3 hours and I got my car back in the promised time. Free under factory warranty, but I was told folks on CPO warranty or any extended warranty would have to pay for the software update.

Note to Mods: If you'd like to merge this with another thread, please feel free to do so.

You mean the 40,000 miles or 4 year warranty ? ,, I want to do this to my car. Can you post pictures? What about the navigation map update have you done that? is it free too? Thanks.

ucfbeta92 08-24-2011 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by jsoto1 (Post 4806348)
You mean the 40,000 miles or 4 year warranty ? ,, I want to do this to my car. Can you post pictures? What about the navigation map update have you done that? is it free too? Thanks.

There is no 40,000 mile warranty. The factory warranty is 4yr/50,000 miles.

I did post pictures in this thread- just scroll up or look on the previous page.

I haven't updated the nav maps yet, but I intend to soon. Keep in mind that the dealer will not update maps for free.

ucfbeta92 08-24-2011 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by xolinlevh (Post 4805749)
So once again, no help at all. And worse, whats the point of the MB help phone # if the person who answers dosent know anything and just says 'ask your dealer'......

It's the 'ask your dealer' hotline.. lol

Originally Posted by iGeorge (Post 4806199)
I spent an interesting afternoon on the phone with the dealership I purchased my C300 from. They are quite adamant there is no updates for Command software. So are they not supposed to update Command units or something?

I'm beginning to think this is one of those things where the dealer isn't required to do by MB HQ, rather it is left to each dealer's discretion. Some may not know / not be interested in spending the time.

xolinlevh 08-25-2011 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by ucfbeta92 (Post 4806402)
It's the 'ask your dealer' hotline.. lol

I'm beginning to think this is one of those things where the dealer isn't required to do by MB HQ, rather it is left to each dealer's discretion. Some may not know / not be interested in spending the time.

Ah joy, well based on the info ive gotten here and via PM, it looks like i might have the latest version already....so im gonna let this go :P next time im in for service/cleaning though i will ask them to check the version of command and the maps, see what they say then :)

iGeorge 08-25-2011 10:42 AM

I on the other hand, am breaking out my pirate outfit and going on a mission! I want an update! My Command unit is working pretty well, but now it's a matter of principle! My car is both CPO AND under factory warranty, and I want that darned update!

mhass350 08-25-2011 04:25 PM

^^agreed. Would it be so difficult for M-Benz to have suppplied a dedicated line that says: Software Version? Why is everything so cryptic?

I received a postcard in the mail for my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee telling me to head to the dealer to get a software update. The update was going to fix the iPhone4 and Uconnect (Jeeps Bluetooth) issues so I made a beeline for the dealership (I have an iP4). If Jeep can send a postcard, certainly M-Benz can...

ucfbeta92 08-25-2011 06:14 PM

Somewhere out there, there is an MB rep who hates this forum for all the grief it causes them..

mhass350 08-26-2011 08:58 AM

^^I am sure that is quite true and could be said for all forums :). You'd think they'd do something about it then...hehe

FWIW, my 2008 does not have the boost option under AUX.

xolinlevh 08-26-2011 09:16 AM

Getting a copy of the map update disks from another user on here, so once i flash those on, ill be up to date for that, still havent gotten a straight answer from mb or my dealer about command lol

ucfbeta92 08-26-2011 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by xolinlevh (Post 4808305)
Getting a copy of the map update disks from another user on here, so once i flash those on, ill be up to date for that, still havent gotten a straight answer from mb or my dealer about command lol

Me too.. Hopefully it will be shipped over the weekend.

xolinlevh 08-26-2011 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by ucfbeta92 (Post 4808479)
Me too.. Hopefully it will be shipped over the weekend.

really hope the new maps have a lot better data, i half love and half hate the benz map system =/

ucfbeta92 08-26-2011 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by iGeorge (Post 4806862)
I on the other hand, am breaking out my pirate outfit and going on a mission!

Where's the pirate smiley when you need one? Keep us posted.

jctevere 08-26-2011 01:24 PM

I believe that if you go into the engineering menu there is a way to "corrupt" the comand system and force it to need a re-flash. I don't remember off the top of my head, but this will force the dealer to load the latest update for comand. Just make sure you don't do this OUT of warranty. It takes about 1-2 hours to fully re-flash the comand.

As far as the navigation maps go, that is a separate issue. I think the latest 7 version is available for free on your popular torrent sites :naughty:

OgreZA 08-26-2011 01:27 PM

Hi, my first post on this forum.

I had my update done today. New features are TMC-Pro support, but that doesn't help me 'cause in South Africa TMC isn't available. There is also the analogue clock on the system page. "Block" feature - whatever that is, in the Navi menu. Boost in Aux menu. Linguistics now works in Navi mode. It also has a Map Version under Navi menu, but mine can't tell me what version I have???

The process took about an hour to do. The Star Diagnostics system said 40 minutes for the one update and 15 minutes for the "Sound" update.

I couldn't tell you what version I had before, or what version it is now. I also haven't tried the Bird's eye view - Clouds and Stars I believe.

ucfbeta92 08-26-2011 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by OgreZA (Post 4808589)
Hi, my first post on this forum.

I had my update done today. New features are TMC-Pro support, but that doesn't help me 'cause in South Africa TMC isn't available. There is also the analogue clock on the system page. "Block" feature - whatever that is, in the Navi menu. Boost in Aux menu. Linguistics now works in Navi mode. It also has a Map Version under Navi menu, but mine can't tell me what version I have???

The process took about an hour to do. The Star Diagnostics system said 40 minutes for the one update and 15 minutes for the "Sound" update.

I couldn't tell you what version I had before, or what version it is now. I also haven't tried the Bird's eye view - Clouds and Stars I believe.

Not sure what TMC is, but yes, I see the Block feature in NAVI as well (it forces the navigation not to use that area when suggesting a route unless it the only possible way. I read that in my MB COMAND guide).

Also, like yours, I have the Map Version as an option but won't tell me what version I have. lol

xolinlevh 08-26-2011 03:53 PM

hey can you guys post a pic of the birds eye view and clouds/stars things? wanna make sure i either have those or dont :) thanks!

ucfbeta92 08-26-2011 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by xolinlevh (Post 4808795)
hey can you guys post a pic of the birds eye view and clouds/stars things? wanna make sure i either have those or dont :) thanks!

Check post #17 in this thread. I attached a shot of the birds-eye view (just the top part which shows the stars and the time). It's the last picture, in the second row.

Someone else mentioned that they saw the clouds moving. I've since paid attention, and can verify this claim. As the road winds to the right or the left, the clouds also move right / left.

xolinlevh 08-26-2011 04:29 PM

Hmm mines just a black bar up on top there =/ i must be out of date!

ucfbeta92 08-26-2011 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by xolinlevh (Post 4808842)
Hmm mines just a black bar up on top there =/ i must be out of date!

Perhaps your version is newer than my previous one, but older than the one they just put on my car.. :confused:

xolinlevh 08-26-2011 04:41 PM

Thats my guess, I think because mine is a 2010, it had was built with a newer version then your 09, but they flashed yours with the '11 update, which has a few improvements over the 10. Im going in to pick up my MIP thingy tomorrow and ill ask if they can check the version....if they even know what im talking about ^_^

ucfbeta92 08-26-2011 04:43 PM

Good luck! Don't forget to put up pictures of your new MIP. :)

Garry1104 08-27-2011 02:40 AM

Got mine updated to latest version of the COMAND software. I need to claim there was a "problem" with the unit before the stealership even want to update it. Lucky I am still in my 4 yrs original warranty so therefore I paid nothing. Also updated my maps to version 7 thanks to torrent sites. So I guess I am good for now until version 8 (2012 maps) comes out :D

xolinlevh 08-27-2011 10:52 AM

Hey real quick, can someone post a photo of the birds eye view map? Thanks :)

xolinlevh 08-27-2011 12:39 PM

nvm no rush =/ dealer had said come in sometime after 9 or 10 to get my MIPs thing, but i just called to check that it was in, and the order didnt go through so it wont be here till wed now, so not going in today. grrrrr

ucfbeta92 08-28-2011 07:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by xolinlevh (Post 4809633)
Hey real quick, can someone post a photo of the birds eye view map? Thanks :)

Here you go bud.. One in daytime, and one in the dark:

Attachment 450012

Attachment 450013

xolinlevh 08-28-2011 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by ucfbeta92 (Post 4810955)
Here you go bud.. One in daytime, and one in the dark:

https://i.imgur.com/cvZ6h.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YaR79.jpg

Thanks :) that proves mines out of date, don't have that view mode!

ucfbeta92 08-28-2011 11:02 PM

You could take a print-out of the pics to your dealership to prove your point if they act like you've been smoking something questionable.. :)

xolinlevh 08-29-2011 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by ucfbeta92 (Post 4811212)
You could take a print-out of the pics to your dealership to prove your point if they act like you've been smoking something questionable.. :)

Hehe, bringing my ipad with this thread open on it. That map view is so much better then the top-down one!

OgreZA 08-29-2011 12:46 PM

The Bird's Eye View was on my system already. It’s basically what they call the 3D view in Tomtom and Garmin units. I particularly enjoy this view when it’s zoomed out a bit. It’s almost like a flight simulator.

xolinlevh 08-29-2011 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by OgreZA (Post 4811775)
The Bird's Eye View was on my system already. It’s basically what they call the 3D view in Tomtom and Garmin units. I particularly enjoy this view when it’s zoomed out a bit. It’s almost like a flight simulator.

Particularly helpful around where i live. A number of roads split then double back under each other, so while the road ultimately ends up going right, i need to be in the left lane at the fork before it turns and goes back under. But the MB nav says keep right, be nice to see further ahead with this view so i know where i am really going :P

Does anyone know if this software is on the 2011/2012 models that are on the lot now? figure i could also point to the screen on one of the demo models and show them that its different lol

joshg1001 08-29-2011 02:45 PM

I have tried two different dealerships with obviously two different SA and no luck. I will try again when I am due for another service this Oct. Its such a hassle to just go in for the damn update, Id prefer to do it during a service so that they know you are spending some money there.

jsoto1 08-29-2011 10:44 PM

I got My Hands on a Mercedes-Benz MELCO COMAND - North America Map DVD v.7 if someone is interested. Thanks.

xolinlevh 08-29-2011 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by jsoto1 (Post 4812704)
I got My Hands on a Mercedes-Benz MELCO COMAND - North America Map DVD v.7 if someone is interested. Thanks.

is that the command update or a map update? sry not up to date with the names of all the disks :)

jsoto1 08-30-2011 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by xolinlevh (Post 4812750)
is that the command update or a map update? sry not up to date with the names of all the disks :)

IT is the maps! thanks

StormTrooperZo 08-30-2011 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by xolinlevh (Post 4811835)
Particularly helpful around where i live. A number of roads split then double back under each other, so while the road ultimately ends up going right, i need to be in the left lane at the fork before it turns and goes back under. But the MB nav says keep right, be nice to see further ahead with this view so i know where i am really going :P

Does anyone know if this software is on the 2011/2012 models that are on the lot now? figure i could also point to the screen on one of the demo models and show them that its different lol

It's on my 2011

xolinlevh 08-30-2011 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by jsoto1 (Post 4812884)
IT is the maps! thanks

Ah k, just bought a copy for $10 from another member here, disks sitting at home to be installed tonight.

Originally Posted by StormTrooperZo (Post 4812904)
It's on my 2011

Ok, so worst case ic an point them to the floor model and show them what im talking about lol

xxnonamexx 08-30-2011 02:05 PM

Does this update work for a 08 C-Class? Thanks

xolinlevh 08-30-2011 03:26 PM

At dealer now. Picked up the MIP unit to install later and they just took the car into the shop to check the software and see what updates are available. Will keep posted!

xolinlevh 08-30-2011 04:23 PM

Que walk of shame....they looked at my car and then showed me where the menu was to go and select the birds-eye view.....which i already had. Ok im an idiot

PS, on plus side, got the MIPs thing installed, and found out my map version is v5, and now need to update to v7 :P

ucfbeta92 08-30-2011 04:28 PM

No worries - s**t happens. How are you liking the MIP though?

xolinlevh 08-30-2011 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by ucfbeta92 (Post 4813495)
No worries - s**t happens. How are you liking the MIP though?

Its nice, only problem is it sluggish, and the song names dont show up. Press play, or change track, takes about 5 seconds to react. And everything is listed as "bluetooth audio 1,2,3, etc" Not quite worth $300, but hey, i like it :)

ucfbeta92 08-30-2011 05:20 PM

And will it let you stream audio right off your iPhone over Bluetooth? I ask because I know you can do the Pandora thing with the MIP, so I figure you could probably use it to stream music stored on the iPhone too.

xolinlevh 08-30-2011 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by ucfbeta92 (Post 4813555)
And will it let you stream audio right off your iPhone over Bluetooth? I ask because I know you can do the Pandora thing with the MIP, so I figure you could probably use it to stream music stored on the iPhone too.

Yes, it does music off the phone, plus pandora, those are the only 2 ive tested. It says it can also do videos off the ipod/iphone, as well as read you emails and text messages, and looks like you can dictate reply emails as well, but i have not yet tested any of those.

ucfbeta92 08-31-2011 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by xolinlevh (Post 4813612)
Yes, it does music off the phone, plus pandora, those are the only 2 ive tested. It says it can also do videos off the ipod/iphone, as well as read you emails and text messages, and looks like you can dictate reply emails as well, but i have not yet tested any of those.

Wow, the e-mail / text message part really makes it an attractive upgrade... I need to ask myself though: is it worth ~$300, and if I want to spend that much, should I get the MIP, an OEM spoiler (painted white), or the luxury grille and hood ornament... Decisions, decisions.. :confused:

joshg1001 08-31-2011 03:02 AM

^^ the multimedia interface plus is not compatible with 2009 models (or 2008).

xolinlevh 08-31-2011 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by ucfbeta92 (Post 4814008)
Wow, the e-mail / text message part really makes it an attractive upgrade... I need to ask myself though: is it worth ~$300, and if I want to spend that much, should I get the MIP, an OEM spoiler (painted white), or the luxury grille and hood ornament... Decisions, decisions.. :confused:

Yea, not sure how to make it work though, i tried selecting it but it keeps saying no SMS or emails, so im wondering if it only catches 'new' (unread) ones? didnt get any while driving so havent been able to use it yet.

Originally Posted by joshg1001 (Post 4814096)

Sadly thats true, just double checked the list on mbusa and it only lists 10-11 models on the compatibility list :(

ucfbeta92 08-31-2011 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by joshg1001 (Post 4814096)

That's been a source of confusion for me. On the same page on MBUSA, they have two documents: one suggests that the MIP will only work with MY2010+, while another one suggests that it will work with MY2009+

This doc agrees with your statement:
http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalA...x_7_1_2011.pdf

But this one says MY2009 is eligible for the upgrade:
http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalA...AQs_v5_MIP.pdf

And both links are on the very same page, just a few lines apart... :nix:

xolinlevh 08-31-2011 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by ucfbeta92 (Post 4814251)
That's been a source of confusion for me. On the same page on MBUSA, they have two documents: one suggests that the MIP will only work with MY2010+, while another one suggests that it will work with MY2009+

This doc agrees with your statement:
http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalA...x_7_1_2011.pdf

But this one says MY2009 is eligible for the upgrade:
http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalA...AQs_v5_MIP.pdf

And both links are on the very same page, just a few lines apart... :nix:

Oh well theres the benz clarity ive come to expect after this entire experience. :)

joshg1001 08-31-2011 01:34 PM

I have asked the parts department because I wanted to get the MIP. It is only compatible with 2010+ models

ucfbeta92 08-31-2011 03:53 PM

So much for my hopes of A2DP / BT audio streaming..

gipper 10-26-2011 02:59 PM

I got the update on my 09 350 but things haven't went well. None of the radio stations work anymore the radio says out of service for all stations and weather band as well. Took it back to dealer and they changed the entire COMMAND, once it was installed the stations would change but now there is no sound, Now I have a loaner and a wish.

rb23lb 10-26-2011 04:30 PM

Has to be a part we can swap out that allows the upgrade

Originally Posted by ucfbeta92 (Post 4814753)
So much for my hopes of A2DP / BT audio streaming..

What part does my '10+ have the 08-09 doesnt that allows for the upgrade?

surely we can buy the new part and do a retrofit?

seems there has to be a way...

bluetooth music streaming is essesntial to me!!!!:nix::nix:

gipper 10-27-2011 09:26 AM

This was done during a service at the dealership. I'm not sure what software was used. Still no word from the dealership they were checking everything I was told there was some sort of connection issue somewhere.

dgghostkilla 10-27-2011 01:26 PM

how can i find out if i have the latest version already on my 2010.

dgghostkilla 10-27-2011 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by ucfbeta92 (Post 4814008)

i had mine for a week and took it back to the dealer when it first came out. it was very buggy with the iPhone and it was a pain to setup. i don't know if the later firmware update made it better

danlnyc 10-27-2011 01:32 PM

wth I didnt even know you can update your COMAND.....

should I ask my dealer if there is a COMAND upgrade for my CL too? :smash:

Pete7874 10-28-2011 12:36 PM

Damn... I wish I saw this post earlier... wife just took her C300 for service last week... I could have had the dealer do the Command software update at that time. Our factory warranty runs out in about a week. I'm taking the car back to the dealer tomorrow and hopefully they'll get 'er done.

Then I just have to find a source of reasonably priced current maps...

Pete7874 10-29-2011 11:28 AM

Ugh... so I get back to the dealer to get the command software updated and they tell me they won't do it unless there is an actual complaint about the current software not working properly. Besides, he says he does not see any updates in the system for my car.

My nav certainly does not look like what ucfbeta92 posted. Is it possible there is no such updated for the 2008 model year?

Should I try a different dealer?

geraltay 11-17-2011 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pete7874 (Post 4895198)
Ugh... so I get back to the dealer to get the command software updated and they tell me they won't do it unless there is an actual complaint about the current software not working properly. Besides, he says he does not see any updates in the system for my car.

My nav certainly does not look like what ucfbeta92 posted. Is it possible there is no such updated for the 2008 model year?

Should I try a different dealer?

Just called my dealer on this too. This would hopefully correct the horribly low volume issue I have with the factory Ipod integration. The service rep initially told me she knew nothing about it and its only updated if there is a complaint. I told her the complaint is the voulme level using AUX :smash:. She put me on hold and check with a wrench - he told her he remembers seeing this and they are going to research and call me back. They are a good dealer and I think they'll get it done for me.. Ill keep you posted

Peabody 11-18-2011 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by xolinlevh (Post 4805292)
So while driving in to work today i was fiddling around with teh system, and noticed i have the boost option available in my AUX input screen, so I do have the newest version then? Maybe the HU version is somethign else? I think i may just bring the car in and ask them to look at it and see what they say needs updating, command, maps, etc, just to get a definitive answer, while still trying to prove the update should be under the warranty.

I'm pretty sure HU version is the Head Unit version, not the SW version which I think is what you are interested in.

Beancooker 11-20-2011 11:06 PM

Looks like I'll have to schedule an appointment with my local MB Dealer.

Awesome info, thanks guys.

chad88 11-21-2011 03:10 AM

Facebook

Hey guys

Got my command system updated last week. When I went into command online I noticed they now have a Facebook icon so you can now update your location directly into your Facebook profile.

It now operates like the upcoming 2012 B class interface. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o6eM4RvV8k

Good to see that Mercedes is slowly improving their interface.
Now if only they update their internet connection to support wifi and PUN.

Beancooker 11-22-2011 12:15 AM

Scheduled an appt online last night. Received a call today, told them that there is a "volume issue, sound is really low, ad doesn't get louder, and is intermittent." They scheduled me for an appointment tomorrow to reflash the COMAND firmware.

Beancooker 11-22-2011 03:30 PM

Updated. Awesome change. There are a lot more options than the original '08 firmware/software. He said he updated with three separate updates. One was the navigation, one was stereo and one was COMAND. So I am now given the upcoming exits, and the POI at those exits. I also like the "block area" feature. Very happy that this update was taken care of. What an awesome upgrade.

I did take in 2 dozen donuts... That might have something to do with the map update. :)

Pete7874 11-23-2011 08:33 AM

Beancooker, thanks for the update. Now I'm really mad my dealer told me there is no update for mine.

Does yours look like the images posted here?
https://mbworld.org/forums/4804050-post17.html

I may have to go back and complain that my iPod volume is low...

morph860 11-23-2011 09:56 AM

I have my car at the dealer today for another repair. I've been having issues with my speech button. When I'm in Nav mode, I push the button to enter a destination and it kept getting stuck on LOADING SPEECH DATA. My S.A. said they found the issue and that they'll be updating the firmware for me. I think I already had the latest version, but not sure.

Beancooker 11-23-2011 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Pete7874 (Post 4929910)
Beancooker, thanks for the update. Now I'm really mad my dealer told me there is no update for mine.

Does yours look like the images posted here?

I may have to go back and complain that my iPod volume is low...

Yes, it looks just like that. I told them that the volume was intermittent and that a lot of the time I would start the car and the volume would be low, and wouldn't want to adjust. I said that I can have it turned up to a nice level, and when I get back in it is low. I also said that it happens with CD's and the music register. But since it is intermittent, I can't replicate the problem on demand.

dremorg 12-13-2011 06:14 PM

Why do all the dealers in my area not know anything about this update? :nix: They keep thinking it's the nav update & are trying to charge me!

Beancooker 12-13-2011 11:11 PM

Because you say software and explain that you don't want a map update?

Tell them the COMAND firmware.

Or, you can say what I said: I told them that the volume was intermittent and that a lot of the time I would start the car and the volume would be low, and wouldn't want to adjust. I said that I can have it turned up to a nice level, and when I get back in it is low. I also said that it happens with CD's and the music register. But since it is intermittent, I can't replicate the problem on demand.

Tebs 12-16-2011 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by chad88 (Post 4926634)
Hey guys

Got my command system updated last week. When I went into command online I noticed they now have a Facebook icon so you can now update your location directly into your Facebook profile.

It now operates like the upcoming 2012 B class interface. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o6eM4RvV8k

Good to see that Mercedes is slowly improving their interface.
Now if only they update their internet connection to support wifi and PUN.

Chad could you possibly post some pics showing the comand online menu with facebook and show the version number of your software.:)

chad88 01-18-2012 04:34 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Tebs (Post 4964422)
Chad could you possibly post some pics showing the comand online menu with facebook and show the version number of your software.:)

Hey Tebs

Sorry about the late reply here are a few photos of the Facebook app on the COMAND online.

Tebs 01-22-2012 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by chad88 (Post 5010666)
Hey Tebs

Sorry about the late reply here are a few photos of the Facebook app on the COMAND online.

No probs Chad. Thanks for posting the pics. Just realised you have a 2012 car with the fixed screen. I dont think this update will be available for my 2008 model which I guess will be using an older comand HW.

NewtwoMB 04-24-2012 09:36 AM

Navigation update

I updated my Comand NTS V8 Europe navigation with V9 (not an official copy!) and now it won't eject disc1 when the request to insert disc 2 comes up on screen. Any ideas on how to remove manually? Dealer's going to charge me the earth probably - is there another way? :nix:

Tebs 04-24-2012 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by NewtwoMB (Post 5163297)
I updated my Comand NTS V8 Europe navigation with V9 (not an official copy!) and now it won't eject disc1 when the request to insert disc 2 comes up on screen. Any ideas on how to remove manually? Dealer's going to charge me the earth probably - is there another way? :nix:

I had a similiar problem with mine about 6 months ago. I remember having to remove the key from the ignition shutting the comand system down then reinserting the key and switching on the ignition. I cant remember if it allowed the unloading of disc 1 or loading of the second disc into an empty slot. Either way I managed to get the second disc in and the updating sequence complete.

chad88 04-25-2012 10:08 PM

Mercedes apps!

1 Attachment(s)
Got my system updated again last week and noticed that they have changed the layout for the comand online menu.

Its been renamed Mercedes-Benz Apps. All the options now appear in a list, with coloured icons.

Looks like we may be apple to download apps in the near future!

newyorktoLA 04-26-2012 08:40 AM

Was the update free or did you have to pay? How did you get the dealer to upload the telematics? I have a very late build 2011 E class with COMAND Online capabilities as I have NTG4.5 and Sirius Weather connectivity

NewtwoMB 04-26-2012 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tebs (Post 5163801)
I had a similiar problem with mine about 6 months ago. I remember having to remove the key from the ignition shutting the comand system down then reinserting the key and switching on the ignition. I cant remember if it allowed the unloading of disc 1 or loading of the second disc into an empty slot. Either way I managed to get the second disc in and the updating sequence complete.

Teb, Thanks. Finally got it sorted by hitting the #6 key (this was the position of the DVD disc #1). It thought about it and then ejected it, so I was able to put DVD 2 in and complete the install. Now I have to persuade my dealer to add the Comand firmware update (which they deny all knowledge of).:zoom:

Tebs 04-28-2012 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by NewtwoMB (Post 5166327)
Teb, Thanks. Finally got it sorted by hitting the #6 key (this was the position of the DVD disc #1). It thought about it and then ejected it, so I was able to put DVD 2 in and complete the install. Now I have to persuade my dealer to add the Comand firmware update (which they deny all knowledge of).:zoom:

No probs. I had the same problem with my local dealer in Cambridge.I ended up taking it to Bedford in the end. The guys there were very helpful but might be a bit of trek for you. Be careful with the firmware update. My system crashed during the update and wouldnt load the new firmware. I dont know if this had anything to do with the nav update i did?? Had to do without the whole Comand system for 2 weeks while the dealer waited on a solution from Germany.

Jubair Ahmed 05-12-2012 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by chad88 (Post 5165695)
Got my system updated again last week and noticed that they have changed the layout for the comand online menu.

Its been renamed Mercedes-Benz Apps. All the options now appear in a list, with coloured icons.

Looks like we may be apple to download apps in the near future!

Very nice! Did you have this turned on by default? I went through the engineering menu and was only able to turn on the browser (though with an iPhone4 it doesn't do anything). I don't see any weather, Facebook or Google Local Search option on mine at all...

chad88 05-12-2012 08:47 PM

I have never activated anything.

The iPhone is not compatible with the comand online, maybe that is the issue.
I also use an iPhone for music and phone, but when I want to use the internet I have an old Nokia living in the centre console that I use to connect to internet.

Originally Posted by Jubair Ahmed (Post 5192533)
Very nice! Did you have this turned on by default? I went through the engineering menu and was only able to turn on the browser (though with an iPhone4 it doesn't do anything). I don't see any weather, Facebook or Google Local Search option on mine at all...

Drtmpkns 07-04-2012 03:05 AM

2009 C350 Sport - COMAND Firmware Update + NAVTEQ 2012.2 v.10

Folks,

I thought I'd add a few photos and relay details of my recent dealership visit in which I had the COMAND firmware updated in my 2009 C350 Sport W204 with the MELCO/NTG4 HU (version 11.02.00 which does not indicate year since it was factory-installed in my 2009). I also update the NAVTEQ maps to the latest 2012.2 v.10 edition. My vehicle has 2,000 miles remaining on the factory warranty.

Having read this thread, I scheduled regular service and also mentioned that I'd like to have warranty service completed regarding the HU COMAND firmware updates. Per recommendations, I mentioned I was experiencing problems with the AUX low volume from the factory-installed iPod integration (which I never use, I have all my music on an SD Card), and that I occasionally have to "reboot" the system when it gets stuck on "Loading Speech Data." This was sufficient justification for the dealer. I also spoke to the Service Manager and showed him photos of the screens UCFBETA92 posted to prove I was missing the "boost" function which "fixes" the iPod volume issue. As an additional precaution, I also took a photo of the MOST error log found in the Engineering Menu as it listed a number of Fan/CD/Etc error codes. I figured at least I could prove there was something odd going on before service clears out the error logs. There's actually a lot of interesting information in the Engineering Menu sub-items for those that are curious.

One note: It did take a few conversations with the original Service Advisor to get them to understand the difference between the NAVTEQ DVD maps updates and the COMAND firmware updates. The latter isn't something the average Service Advisor or customer requests very often if at all, so I'm not surprised some folks on this thread are having difficulty getting a straight answer from their dealerships.

Ok...

I now have all the same updates as UCFBETA92. I didn't notice any "new" startup warning messages or MB STAR enhancements, but here are the new changes I noticed post-update:

* I have the "skyline stars" effect in Bird's Eye view in Navigation.
* I have the time showing in the upper left corner of the Navigation screen at all times now.
* I have the analog clock under System|Time settings.
* I have the AUX sound "boost" option.
* I have an "Information" section now when listening to the radio, with stations that support HD FM (I guess) relaying over-the-air info like song information, DJ, etc. Not all stations support the information, but for those that do, it gives you a pop-up screen instead of just scrolling some of the info above the radio station.
* I have an additional NAV menu selection called "Map Version" that lists the current NAVTEQ maps installed.
* I have at least half a dozen new sub-menus/options in the Engineering Menu mostly related to hardware settings and diagnostics - also includes an "END" option which I didn't have previously (in order to "exit" the menu previous to the update I simply turned the HU off and back on again).
* To exit NAV Full Screen, I used to be able to press the CLR button, but now I must press down on the COMAND joystick/knob.

On the dealer invoice, I have the following data which may (or may not) help when you go in to talk to your Service Advisor:

-----
Op Code: 829905 Software Update - Radio/COMAND, Perform 1333 W8
Op Code: 024762 STAR Diagnosis System (SDS), Connect & Disconnect 1333 W8
Line: 48036 Customer request check for update and perform if available for the COMAND unit. Updates available. Performed update on the COMAND unit. Saved information to paperless files."
-----

Hope all this helps!

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/z...wareUpdate.jpg

tanktube67 07-04-2012 10:46 AM

Had my maps updated last Sunday, thanks to Mr. Whiskerz

milan187 07-04-2012 12:51 PM

Is there anyway we can enable this COMMAND Online or the APPS?
I'm in Canada with 2012 C300.

JaCe88 07-04-2012 08:44 PM

1. Did COMAND Online become compatible with iPhones yet or do I still need to keep my damn Blackberry for the BT modem?

2. Tried to use a 2012 map disc in Australia but apparently it requires you to input some kind of licence key before it installs. Anyone heard of this?

Nuru 07-04-2012 09:00 PM

[QUOTE=xolinlevh;4813489]Que

Can you post the steps?

4g63pilot 07-05-2012 11:27 AM

How do you find out what software you are running?

elcid79 07-16-2012 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by ucfbeta92 (Post 4804050)

Any idea what the current version number is?

OCJeff 07-22-2012 06:09 PM

I just had mine updated on Friday (factory warranty is up in 1.5 months!).

I jokingly said to the service adviser that I wanted to get it fixed while I still could under warranty, and he replied "That's the only way to get it for free anyway". So I'm sure if you really wanted it, you would just for the the service hours.

I only noticed the items in the first post, so no need to regurgitate them here.

I wanted the "Sound Boost" option to resolve low volume on the iPod, and they took that as sufficient reason to perform the update.

I don't recall the version number, but I can check and report back.

Now the "SYS" button on the radio that has a little clock on it actually means show me a clock!

TheKilted1 09-25-2012 09:55 PM

Wow, I am seriously impressed with the level of service at the dealership today. I just bought a 2009 C350 earlier this month (not from the dealership). Took it in for a few recalls, and discussed the COMAND firmware upgrade with the Service Adviser. He didn't know about it, but at least he understood it wasn't a NAV/Maps update I was asking for. They had the car most of the day. When I went to pick it up, he explained they researched the issue (I used the iPod volume issue) and found the patch to apply. The tech spent about 3 hours trying to apply it but it didn't work for some reason. They did apply a number of other COMAND firmware upgrades though. In the end, the Service Adviser was not satisfied that the tech was not able to flash the COMAND to meet my issue, and ordered a complete new COMAND unit to install in my car. It'll be here in a few days.
On top of that, he (the Service Adviser personally) hand washed my car. He said they don't like to run black cars through the automatic car wash. There he was in his pressed khakis and neat white shirt washing my car by hand.
I've owned Infinity, Porsche, VW and Ford. Never had this level of service from a dealership. Especially when I didn't even buy it there.

RickP330 12-07-2012 04:30 PM

Silly question,
If I update my Command firmware will that change the automatic transmission settings? For instance in my '08 I leave it in sport mode (start from first gear) all the time. I noticed in models after mine when you restart the car it automatically defaluts back to "Comfort" when you start it. I want to do the upgrade, but if it changes this setting I'd rather not. Can anyone let me know if this is controlled bythe Command firmware?
Much Thanks
RickP

jayzee29 12-22-2012 11:02 AM

I own a 2008 C300 and am having an issue with the command unit. The system works (phone and radio/ipod/cd) however the display in the system in the speedometer displays dashes for audio and tel. The mechanic that looked at it said it was a bad control unit. The system generates an error on the command unit that says please start engine or system will shut down (and it does). Has anyone else had this problem and successfully resolved it? Thanks much

lovew204 12-22-2012 08:52 PM

Does anyone can post the name/number/serial or part number of MERCEDES DVD for COMAND update?
I went to my local service to ask for update and they searched all their discs but they did not know which is the one?
Thank you!

J__ 12-24-2012 05:25 AM

had mine updated over the weekend on my 2012. The dealership also changed the spark plugs for some reason saying it was mandatory and covered under warranty, car is 6 months old. They also replaced my shock absorber covers in the front for free, old ones got messed up by the shop that lowered my car and was making a creaking sound when turning my wheel fully to either side. Nice gesture of them to replace a direct defect resulting from modding.

[DAO] 01-10-2013 12:17 AM

Hi! I'm from Kazakhstan. My dealer doesn't know about command update nothing. So, what I am willing to do is to update it by myself.
First of all I want to know is it possible? If it is then I need to get the ROM file (maybe someone can share it with me). Why I'm pretty sure that it is possible because I noticed update option in system menu. And why I want to do it because after I had switched command from US to ECE FM tuner lost old-fashionable look. I see only one way how to revert old-fashionable look and to be able to listen even FM waves (e.g. 102.2 MHz) - it is to update firmware to EU version.
Any ideas/comments?

prowl 01-24-2013 03:29 PM

Comand and Navi update?

So hey guys! Newbie here, just purchased a pre-owned 2009 C350 and so far loving it!

I am getting conflicting information though about the Comand update. I called the dealer and they said they can update the software at the dealership, but I would have to pay their hourly labor rate. They said it was not covered under warranty.

I called Mercedez customer care and the representative told me that there are no software updates, just map upgrades which I need to purchase.

I have no idea what version I have and I have no idea what to do.... Thoughts?

Thanks!

ltcinf 01-24-2013 04:19 PM

Just had mine done at the dealership a few days ago. They not only updated the HU firmware but also the Amp and UCI firmware. 28 minutes for the HU, 15 minutes each for the Amp and UCI. If you go through the engineering menu you can find out what software versions you currently have. BTW my COMAND system was a retrofit from a 2009 to a 2010 car. I will look it up tongiht and see what version I had and what version to updated me to.

The Mercedes customer Care line has been of little help to me--they like to so "no" and "I don't know". Haven't had one positive experience there. Your local dealer (or maybe a different one) will be helpful. But you need to speak to the shop manager not the service advisor--those guys rarely know the answer when it comes to technical stuff.

The shop manager was fantastic here is Arlington, VA! Best service visit I have had yet.He understood exactly what I was asking for and performed it EXACTLY as I asked. And yes--it will cost the hour of labor as least.

xxnonamexx 01-25-2013 11:25 AM

I wish there was a way we can do a group buy for the COMMAND disk

ltcinf 01-25-2013 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by xxnonamexx (Post 5519601)
I wish there was a way we can do a group buy for the COMMAND disk

I bleive they my update through Xentry. Although I heard there was a disk as well. the shop manager gave me a complete printout of the before and after results so could see all that was done.

mais821 02-01-2013 12:44 PM

Dealer gave me a no go on the update as well. I mentioned the iPod volume issue to be solved w the boost function. His technician said there is no iPod issue known as he searched his database which shows all known problems "all the way the Germany". I would have to pay for any flash to the unit on my own :(

lebenzo 02-06-2013 01:29 AM

New member and new MB owner.

First, I must say what a disappointment service has been on this new purchase of my 2010 C350. MB hotline not much help and an incompetent local dealership.

But anyway. I know I'm late on the party by asking this but.

IS it 100 percent that you cannot STREAM AUDIO via BLUETOOTH?

I have heard conflicting statements on this. I've heard that the option is available without additional hardware by simply enabling the option within the Engineer menu. Can someone PLEASE confirm!

Thanks in advance. Having this thread is great

thebeast555 02-06-2013 01:37 AM

I think those that do not have command can get the UMI and those that do have command are able to get the MIP (mercedes interface plus) for bluetooth audio streaming. So far that's the conclusion i've come to.

ex4Rings 03-14-2013 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by ltcinf (Post 5518444)
Just had mine done at the dealership a few days ago. They not only updated the HU firmware but also the Amp and UCI firmware. 28 minutes for the HU, 15 minutes each for the Amp and UCI. If you go through the engineering menu you can find out what software versions you currently have. BTW my COMAND system was a retrofit from a 2009 to a 2010 car. I will look it up tongiht and see what version I had and what version to updated me to.

The Mercedes customer Care line has been of little help to me--they like to so "no" and "I don't know". Haven't had one positive experience there. Your local dealer (or maybe a different one) will be helpful. But you need to speak to the shop manager not the service advisor--those guys rarely know the answer when it comes to technical stuff.

The shop manager was fantastic here is Arlington, VA! Best service visit I have had yet.He understood exactly what I was asking for and performed it EXACTLY as I asked. And yes--it will cost the hour of labor as least.

I use the exact same dealership however I have not been able to get them to update my COMAND, I use Hugh McQuire there and he assures that he would know of this update, however he does not. Mind PM'ing me your SA so I can reach out to him or at least have him give my SA some info.

Thanks

ltcinf 03-14-2013 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by ex4Rings (Post 5577896)
I use the exact same dealership however I have not been able to get them to update my COMAND, I use Hugh McQuire there and he assures that he would know of this update, however he does not. Mind PM'ing me your SA so I can reach out to him or at least have him give my SA some info.

Thanks

I have gotten that several times from Hugh so changed service advisor. I worked with Max Keya is the man you want to go see. Tell him you spoke with a customer named John Williams who just had a COMAND update done after a COMAND retro he did to his C350. Dave Smith was also very helpful. When I originally asked him about it he did not know so he brought up the shop manager so I could discuss it directly with him. He knew exactly what I was asking for and said it would be no problem. Good luck.

ex4Rings 03-14-2013 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by ltcinf (Post 5577921)
I have gotten that several times from Hugh so changed service advisor. I worked with Max Keya is the man you want to go see. Tell him you spoke with a customer named John Williams who just had a COMAND update done after a COMAND retro he did to his C350. Dave Smith was also very helpful. When I originally asked him about it he did not know so he brought up the shop manager so I could discuss it directly with him. He knew exactly what I was asking for and said it would be no problem. Good luck.

perfect, great info exactly what I needed.

Thanks

lebenzo 03-14-2013 11:33 AM

I had written this off until I received an email about updates to this post.

I have to say, my "luxury" experiene has been terrible. I think it's extremely shocking that these dealers and the 800 service are so incompetent. If there is an upgrade, why not just upgrade? Why try and skimp your customers? Why are people not getting more pissed off about this? I don't use my Command at all anymore, the cheesy pop up screen stays buried and out of site. Sometimes I open the little pop up screen just so I have somewhere to put my Iphone.

I'll admit, this car runs smooth. but...

The technology is wayyyy outdated and then their stingy on updating it? This is a big deal. MB service is terrible. This is a big deal. My maps are ALWAYS wrong, I can find the address I'm looking for, inconvenient. I mean, just absolutely terrible. And there's nothing I can do other than sell the car. I don't have an autobahn here so I can't really drive this thing as it was meant to be, so the technology is all I have left as an American and it F---- sucks.

I will probably never buy a Benz again.

vipsa 04-22-2013 07:10 PM

Has anyone found the TSB for this update? I just got fed the biggest load of BS from my SA about the update. I asked to update the firmware on the Command because the Ipod volume is too low and was told there's no update available "because my audio system has an amplifier" according to my VIN :smash:. I tried explaining to him calmly that all Harmon Cardon audio cars are "amplified", but he's having none of it. I even brought out the screen shots with the firmware update from earlier in the page.
So has anyone found a TSB I can smack the idiot SA with ?

mais821 04-22-2013 07:17 PM

You might want to specifically mention an issue with the bluetooth transmission. Not sure if you have that problem, but I did, in addition to the iPod volume issue. As I understand, there is a TSB for the bluetooth, but not the iPod. My bluetooth problem was that I couldn't hear the person on the phone through the car. I initially told the SA that it was the iPod, which was a no go on the update. Came back a second time mentioning the bluetooth and it was updated.

vipsa 04-22-2013 07:23 PM

Does anyone have a copy of their receipt where the work is listed?

RavenMDX 04-22-2013 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by vipsa (Post 5622595)
Has anyone found the TSB for this update? I just got fed the biggest load of BS from my SA about the update. I asked to update the firmware on the Command because the Ipod volume is too low and was told there's no update available "because my audio system has an amplifier" according to my VIN :smash:. I tried explaining to him calmly that all Harmon Cardon audio cars are "amplified", but he's having none of it. I even brought out the screen shots with the firmware update from earlier in the page.
So has anyone found a TSB I can smack the idiot SA with ?

Go somewhere else. it IS possible to have the dealer update the comand firmware. It is not something they are used to but once my SA asked around, he came back saying that it is possible.

Don't even mention the ipod thing, just say you need to update the comand to the latest firmware.

aznmode 04-23-2013 07:56 PM

Just bought a 2010. For those that got theirs updated for 2010-2011 model, what is your version number now? And how do I check my version?

CzchMex 04-25-2013 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by aznmode (Post 5623851)
Just bought a 2010. For those that got theirs updated for 2010-2011 model, what is your version number now? And how do I check my version?

I have a 2010 as well and found my HU Version to be 09.09.00:(

I am guessing that is old?...

You can find the version in the Engineering Mode under the 3.19 option (3rd selection then the 19th selection within that 3rd selection)

aznmode 04-25-2013 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by CzchMex (Post 5626228)
I have a 2010 as well and found my HU Version to be 09.09.00:(

I am guessing that is old?...

You can find the version in the Engineering Mode under the 3.19 option (3rd selection then the 19th selection within that 3rd selection)

Thanks I found it. My version is 09.18.00. So it does look like yours is old but mine is old as well. Or atleast older than the OPs. Maybe I will sweet talk my SA into updating mine. I wonder what else has changed on V11 as I have all the options posted by the OP including the birds eye view.

CzchMex 04-25-2013 09:51 PM

So I don't go into the dealer and say it doesn't work...how is bird's eye activated? I read that someone had the update and just didn't know how to use it. I'm new to this car

aznmode 05-22-2013 07:48 PM

Getting my car back today for strut replacement and HU update under warranty. Hopefully there's a difference from my previous version 09.18.00 which compared to the OP's images looks exactly the same.

Go Navy 05-23-2013 11:12 AM

There's a blizzard of acronyms and abbreviations going on in this thread, and in the community in general, making some of it indecipherable.

For example what do A2DP, BT, CPO, and HU mean? (I thought A2DP was a Star Wars character?) Could you chaps please back off on all that, and use plain english? Not all of us are into memorizing or translating abbreviations!

What is the latest software version for the Comand (sp?) system?

aznmode 05-23-2013 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Go Navy (Post 5656820)
There's a blizzard of acronyms and abbreviations going on in this thread, and in the community in general, making some of it indecipherable.

For example what do A2DP, BT, CPO, and HU mean? (I thought A2DP was a Star Wars character?) Could you chaps please back off on all that, and use plain english? Not all of us are into memorizing or translating abbreviations!

What is the latest software version for the Comand (sp?) system?

They updated my 2010 yesterday to 11.02.00 so I assume thats the latest. But I haven't found any difference yet from my previous 09.xx.xx version. The only one I'm not sure I had before was the brightness setting for the display.

CzchMex 05-23-2013 04:43 PM

My 09.09.00 had a brightness setting. But it's hidden somewhere.

What did you say to get them to update it?

aznmode 05-23-2013 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by CzchMex (Post 5657128)
My 09.09.00 had a brightness setting. But it's hidden somewhere.

What did you say to get them to update it?

My SA did it as a favor. But you can use intermittent slow boot up. Also sometimes my BT doesn't connect to my phone even though my phone is listed as a device to connect to. So I probably could've used that.

To be honest though I really don't see much difference so it's up to you if you want to bother with it.

CzchMex 05-24-2013 11:35 AM

I still think I will. I have a list of small issues that are legit...

Rear View Camera (factory installed) will not show sometimes
My SD card music skips occasionally, randomly
My iPod interface will freeze while playing music. Music plays but the timer gets stuck
Plugging in my iPhone will cause the "Activating Device" to just sit there...forever
And a few other...

Haven't had any phone connectivity problem, but I rarely take calls while driving...since everyone texts these days...

aznmode 05-24-2013 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by CzchMex (Post 5657983)
I still think I will. I have a list of small issues that are legit...

Rear View Camera (factory installed) will not show sometimes
My SD card music skips occasionally, randomly
My iPod interface will freeze while playing music. Music plays but the timer gets stuck
Plugging in my iPhone will cause the "Activating Device" to just sit there...forever
And a few other...

Haven't had any phone connectivity problem, but I rarely take calls while driving...since everyone texts these days...

Those sound like a good reason to upgrade. But I know what you mean about texting rather than calling but calling seems so much easier now with this car and less distracting for me so I barely ever text now.

CzchMex 05-24-2013 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by aznmode (Post 5658070)
Those sound like a good reason to upgrade. But I know what you mean about texting rather than calling but calling seems so much easier now with this car and less distracting for me so I barely ever text now.

City driving is great. But there still is just a tad more wind noise on the highway so I have to speak a little more robust for people to hear me.

But none the less...yes it is a lot better than my previous "noisy" cars

CzchMex 06-29-2013 01:45 AM

Just had my HU software updated. Shows 11.02.00 for those who are wondering what the latest is

SKC300 07-17-2013 05:11 PM

Hi does anyone know a dealer and SA in the San Francisco Bay Area who would help the comand update done without any issues ?

steves18 07-18-2013 09:25 AM

Hey Jabair, I have the same issue, did you figure out a solutions? i was only able to activate the browser but can not connect or see Mercedes Apps, i have iphone 5.

Thanks.

robnyc 08-29-2013 03:48 PM

Anyone figured out how to do these our selves? =)

KCaudell 08-29-2013 06:41 PM

So as I was wondering through the Engineering menu I accidently mashed the Software Update for the head unit instead of backing out and it wants disc 1. Does anyone know how to back out of this?

Thanks. :o\

jschumann888 09-02-2013 02:59 PM

Map Update

I have the Jul 2012 map, where do I get the Latest (I think Jan 2013)?

Also, do any of the updates add the speed limit for the road you are on?

Thanks,
John

RenVilo 03-25-2014 08:43 AM

C350

Hi guys,

I have a 2008 C350. How can I check if I can get a command update. I was told the factory warranty in South Africa is 120 000km / 6 years

Nelson Lago 04-10-2014 11:45 PM

wheeew i finally found a thread that i can ask this question on. i have a iphone 5 and a 2011 C300, but i cant download my contacts to Comand, after the update was this possible.
BTW: I i have no idea what version of comand i have

TheRulesLawyer 04-11-2014 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Nelson Lago (Post 6004751)
wheeew i finally found a thread that i can ask this question on. i have a iphone 5 and a 2011 C300, but i cant download my contacts to Comand, after the update was this possible.
BTW: I i have no idea what version of comand i have

Ooooo that sounds like a nice legit reason to demand a update. Sweet.

Nelson Lago 04-11-2014 01:56 PM

Great my car is out of warranty.....so anyone have a idea how much that will cost...anyone anyone?

O and how much is a map update?

TheRulesLawyer 04-11-2014 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nelson Lago (Post 6005277)
Great my car is out of warranty.....so anyone have a idea how much that will cost...anyone anyone?

O and how much is a map update?

I thought you had updated and it worked? I have no idea if it fixes the iphone 5 issues. Out of warranty I imagine it would just be labor. Map updates are like $200-250 you can find them online.

Nelson Lago 04-11-2014 04:31 PM

Nope, I just bought this 2011 C300 and connected my iPhone 5 and it doesnlt download my contacts. My question was. Does the update ( if any) allow me to download my contacts. Sorry guess I should of worded my question better. Thanks for the reply tho.

2008 ML 320 CDI 04-12-2014 01:22 PM

Comand firmware & Navteq maps update 2014

I have just read through the entire thread (pages 1 to 7). There is a lot of very useful information which is still relevant today, but most of it refers to previous updates (2012 or earlier). Mercedes Benz Navigation DVD 2014 (Navteq maps) & System Updates are now available.

My 2008 ML is out of warranty so once I get started with this process, I will need to see it through and will need to know what I'm talking about when speaking to the dealership.

* Has anyone specifically updated a 2006/2007/2008 ML/G from the original Maps (Navteq) & original Comand firmware versions to the new 2014 version? Does this work in a "Single Jump" update, i.e. not having to step up through all of the intermediate updates from 2008 to 2014? Perhaps someone can share his experience on something similar but on another MB model?

* My understanding is as follows: There is a "Maps (Navteq)" update which is different and separate from the "Comand Firmware" update. The Comand Firmware update comprises 3 x sub-updates (Audio Gateway (stereo) update; Navigation processor update; Display unit update). Correct?

* Even though the Maps update is separate from the Comand Firmware update, they both come on the same "Mercedes Benz Navigation DVD 2014" disc by Navteq ($250.00). Correct? The Comand Firmware update is also available separately on what is known as a "Mercedes Service Disk" which is what the dealerships use if they do the Comand Firmware update only. You can buy this Service Disc separately from the dealership for around $25.00. Can anyone confirm any of this as the dealerships are not always aware of these things.

* Will a Comand Firmware update necessarily update all 3 sub-updates (Audio, Navigation and Display) or must each be requested specifically when the dealership does the update? Are all 3 sub-updates bundled together on the Mercedes Service Disc or the Mercedes Benz Navigation DVD 2014?

* Will the 2014 Comand Firmware update work with the 2008 Maps?

* Are the on-board computer menus in the centre binnacle screen changed by a Comand Firmware update?

* Are there new voice options to choose from for the turn-by-turn navigation with a 2014 Comand Firmware update?

I know it is a long shot, but perhaps there is someone out there with these answers! I've been to one dealership and the assistant could provide only very limited information.

2008 ML 320 CDI 04-12-2014 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Drtmpkns (Post 5267809)
Folks,

I thought I'd add a few photos and relay details of my recent dealership visit in which I had the COMAND firmware updated in my 2009 C350 Sport W204 with the MELCO/NTG4 HU (version 11.02.00 which does not indicate year since it was factory-installed in my 2009). I also update the NAVTEQ maps to the latest 2012.2 v.10 edition. My vehicle has 2,000 miles remaining on the factory warranty.

Having read this thread, I scheduled regular service and also mentioned that I'd like to have warranty service completed regarding the HU COMAND firmware updates. Per recommendations, I mentioned I was experiencing problems with the AUX low volume from the factory-installed iPod integration (which I never use, I have all my music on an SD Card), and that I occasionally have to "reboot" the system when it gets stuck on "Loading Speech Data." This was sufficient justification for the dealer. I also spoke to the Service Manager and showed him photos of the screens UCFBETA92 posted to prove I was missing the "boost" function which "fixes" the iPod volume issue. As an additional precaution, I also took a photo of the MOST error log found in the Engineering Menu as it listed a number of Fan/CD/Etc error codes. I figured at least I could prove there was something odd going on before service clears out the error logs. There's actually a lot of interesting information in the Engineering Menu sub-items for those that are curious.

One note: It did take a few conversations with the original Service Advisor to get them to understand the difference between the NAVTEQ DVD maps updates and the COMAND firmware updates. The latter isn't something the average Service Advisor or customer requests very often if at all, so I'm not surprised some folks on this thread are having difficulty getting a straight answer from their dealerships.

Ok...

I now have all the same updates as UCFBETA92. I didn't notice any "new" startup warning messages or MB STAR enhancements, but here are the new changes I noticed post-update:

* I have the "skyline stars" effect in Bird's Eye view in Navigation.
* I have the time showing in the upper left corner of the Navigation screen at all times now.
* I have the analog clock under System|Time settings.
* I have the AUX sound "boost" option.
* I have an "Information" section now when listening to the radio, with stations that support HD FM (I guess) relaying over-the-air info like song information, DJ, etc. Not all stations support the information, but for those that do, it gives you a pop-up screen instead of just scrolling some of the info above the radio station.
* I have an additional NAV menu selection called "Map Version" that lists the current NAVTEQ maps installed.
* I have at least half a dozen new sub-menus/options in the Engineering Menu mostly related to hardware settings and diagnostics - also includes an "END" option which I didn't have previously (in order to "exit" the menu previous to the update I simply turned the HU off and back on again).
* To exit NAV Full Screen, I used to be able to press the CLR button, but now I must press down on the COMAND joystick/knob.

On the dealer invoice, I have the following data which may (or may not) help when you go in to talk to your Service Advisor:

-----
Op Code: 829905 Software Update - Radio/COMAND, Perform 1333 W8
Op Code: 024762 STAR Diagnosis System (SDS), Connect & Disconnect 1333 W8
Line: 48036 Customer request check for update and perform if available for the COMAND unit. Updates available. Performed update on the COMAND unit. Saved information to paperless files."
-----

Hope all this helps!

Drtmpkns, your message was posted on MBW 2 years ago so I don't know if this will reach you now, but I thought the information you provided was thorough and very useful!

kfriedenberger 04-25-2014 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Nelson Lago (Post 6005455)
Nope, I just bought this 2011 C300 and connected my iPhone 5 and it doesnlt download my contacts. My question was. Does the update ( if any) allow me to download my contacts. Sorry guess I should of worded my question better. Thanks for the reply tho.

Not sure if your phone contacts synch with a cloud service or not. I was able to export vcards from my Mac (I use iCloud), throw them onto the same SD card that holds my music, and import from there. If you want more details I can recreate exactly how I did it.

kfriedenberger 04-25-2014 09:40 AM

Does anyone else have the random skipping of music when using PCMCIA and SD card? I've seen a bunch of references to it in the forums but no solutions. Have used different speed cards and adapters; guessing it's the head unit or adapter hardware or a firmware issue?

TheRulesLawyer 04-25-2014 12:23 PM

* Has anyone specifically updated a 2006/2007/2008 ML/G from the original Maps (Navteq) & original Comand firmware versions to the new 2014 version? Does this work in a "Single Jump" update, i.e. not having to step up through all of the intermediate updates from 2008 to 2014? Perhaps someone can share his experience on something similar but on another MB model?

I've read about people getting updated to at least the 2012 command. The latest version has a color change in the menus and only saw one account of that. Usually firmwares are complete wipes, not incremental updates. (not mb specific, but I've updated lots of firmware and don't remember ever seeing it done that way)

* My understanding is as follows: There is a "Maps (Navteq)" update which is different and separate from the "Comand Firmware" update. The Comand Firmware update comprises 3 x sub-updates (Audio Gateway (stereo) update; Navigation processor update; Display unit update). Correct?

Maps and Command are different. I think when they do command they do the whole thing, but if you're talking about the LCD in the gauges, thats different.

* Even though the Maps update is separate from the Comand Firmware update, they both come on the same "Mercedes Benz Navigation DVD 2014" disc by Navteq ($250.00). Correct? The Comand Firmware update is also available separately on what is known as a "Mercedes Service Disk" which is what the dealerships use if they do the Comand Firmware update only. You can buy this Service Disc separately from the dealership for around $25.00. Can anyone confirm any of this as the dealerships are not always aware of these things.

That would be so awesome if we could do it by disc. Every account I've heard has talked about hooking it up to STAR if they talk about it at all.

* Are the on-board computer menus in the centre binnacle screen changed by a Comand Firmware update?

Not normally.

aznmode 04-25-2014 02:19 PM

If you decide to get an update make sure you check everything you had previously still works. When I updated mine last year I didn't realized they disabled my media interface so my 3.5mm jack in the glove stopped working. I didn't use it much after the update so I didn't know it stopped working. I had to bring it back in this year to get it enabled again. They didn't charge me but it was an inconvenience having to take the car in.

vtune 04-25-2014 03:45 PM

How does this update work? Does it have to be done at a dealer?

bootuk 04-30-2014 08:04 AM

satnav update

hi can any one help please , newbie here, ive a Mercedes c250 2009 and got my new discs for satnavupdate .com
loaded disc 1 took approx. 1hr 50 mins and at 91% said inset disc 2
inserted disc 2 and it keeps saying insert disc 2, contacted company and got another disc 2 sent to me and the same keeps happening? any ideas please as ive no satnav at all radio and phone all work fine thank you

AtrumAngelus4 07-02-2014 12:36 PM

I have a 2008 C300. Are there any updates or upgrades that can be done to my Software/Firmware? I would love updated maps or some apps on my system. I also would love the capability to listen to the music on my android via Bluetooth. Is this possible? Thanks!

codyward 07-21-2014 07:46 PM

Does anyone have the update disc for a 2012 C-Class that I could possibly borrow or purchase? I was going to have my local dealer update them for me, but they require that I buy the update disc for $300, which seems a little pricey for a simple software update DVD, in my opinion. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

RenVilo 07-22-2014 03:34 AM

Would like to update my C350 2008 model as well especially my maps :(

TheRulesLawyer 07-24-2014 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by codyward (Post 6110706)
Does anyone have the update disc for a 2012 C-Class that I could possibly borrow or purchase? I was going to have my local dealer update them for me, but they require that I buy the update disc for $300, which seems a little pricey for a simple software update DVD, in my opinion. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

You're thinking of maps, not the command software. The actual command firmware disc is pretty cheap if you can find the PN, but I don't think it does you any good without a STAR unit. Try ebay, etc for discount discs.

mhmdh2002 08-03-2014 12:56 AM

Group buy for command update

I just wondering if the new command update is out and if so anybody is interested to fo it as group buy?
It has been for long time i was searching and reading the thread here to figure out how to do it. In addition i have tales to my delear but they wanted to charge me for it althought first time was the time car was under the waranty (original)
However, as of now, anybody got the update DVD for share here?
Halifax, Canada

djclint 08-03-2014 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by RenVilo (Post 6111158)
Would like to update my C350 2008 model as well especially my maps :(

Same here. if anyone lives in Dallas and has it... let me know!

novalyx 08-05-2014 05:37 PM

Also interested in a group buy if anyone is going to start one up. I need an update for my 2009 C350

DJ BIS 08-06-2014 05:53 AM

I'd be interested in purchasing updates (and instructions!).

For those looking for a music-via-bluetooth option that can still co-exist with the MB bluetooth system, check this out:

Also, check the multi-connection upgraded version: BTC455 :y

ALC300 08-07-2014 09:47 PM

Hey guys - I just relocated to Seattle and since my car is a 2011, I never needed to update the GPS where I used to live, now I need one pretty badly, my current version is V7 (I know, so old!!), does anyone know where I could get a 2013 version cheap? Free would be fantastic ;) LOL

Always appreciate your help.

benzw205 09-05-2014 01:43 PM

Hello,

Do you know if it's true that some new Benz C-class are sold with the COMAND system but without maps ?

And is it possible to download the maps on internet ?

And are the DVD specific for a car series or 1 dvd works for all, C-class, E-class... ?

Thank you.

capt_paul 09-05-2014 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by benzw205 (Post 6158616)
Hello,

Do you know if it's true that some new Benz C-class are sold with the COMAND system but without maps ?

And are the DVD specific for a car series or 1 dvd works for all, C-class, E-class... ?

Thank you.

If you bought car new with COMAND installed, you should have the most current map version already installed

No, you cannot download maps on the internet (at least not for COMAND system)

The map update DVDs are model specific (W203, W204, W210...)

RenVilo 09-05-2014 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by benzw205 (Post 6158616)
Hello,

Thank you.

If you lucky you will find someone who has a disc that he can upload then you can download it, burn it and update your software but only older models where no keys are needed

DJ BIS 09-09-2014 10:49 PM

Kinivo Bluetooth hands-free car Kit

Just got this puppy:

awesome and SUPER easy, good-looking installation in my 2009 w204!
I can use my iPhone with MB's bluetooth system, and the music with the Kinivo. So best of both worlds! Comes on when I get in the car, goes off when i exit. Automatic, no fiddling around. Supports Siri.

Highly recommended for those that want blue-tooth music in their non-bluetooth music capable factory systems.

:y

yeswife 09-19-2014 02:54 AM

Hi all,

good to know MB providing this for free under warranty.

question is this must be done at MB dealer ?

and what is the current latest version as of today ? ?

Doa 09-19-2014 04:49 PM

firmware must be done by dealer, maps you can do yourself
took me about 2.5 hours to update the maps with 2 DVD's

jagostini 09-20-2014 11:22 PM

updated the Navigation on my 2013 E350

Just had my Navigation updated at the dealer. It cost 260 dollars. The E class update is labelled as United States-Canada 2014.2, E-class MY12-14. After the update I looked it up on the command console and I had version eight, and now I'm on version 12. Three DVDs come in the box. and it took about two and a half hours at the dealership. The dealership keeps tight control on the key to prevent software privacy. It felt like they pair the software key with the command console serial number. Also in the instructions it states put a battery charger on the battery, because the 3 hour update could drain your battery, etc.... I'm happy with it, I noted all the new roads where I live were added. Everything seems to be working fine, radio, blue tooth, etc.

bebrewer 11-06-2014 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by jagostini (Post 6173851)
Just had my Navigation updated at the dealer. It cost 260 dollars. The E class update is labelled as United States-Canada 2014.2, E-class MY12-14. After the update I looked it up on the command console and I had version eight, and now I'm on version 12. Three DVDs come in the box. and it took about two and a half hours at the dealership. The dealership keeps tight control on the key to prevent software privacy. It felt like they pair the software key with the command console serial number. Also in the instructions it states put a battery charger on the battery, because the 3 hour update could drain your battery, etc.... I'm happy with it, I noted all the new roads where I live were added. Everything seems to be working fine, radio, blue tooth, etc.

Do you know if it took all 3 DVD's? I did the upgrade myself on a 2012 E350 and it only asked for 2 DVD's and I'm a little apprehensive to put the 3rd one in the drive if it doesn't ask for it. I'm wondering if it takes 2 for some models and 3 for others.

MBSebas87 11-08-2014 10:44 AM

Is there a command firmware update for a 2012 w204?

charles.soori 12-10-2014 09:17 PM

i have the command firmware update for w204 but cd alone is not enough, you would need a star to update it. but i can share the cd for free.
And about the map update. I'll be getting the 2015 map update around February when it gets released and i'll start a group and see who's interested in sharing the cost.

dgghostkilla 12-10-2014 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by charles.soori (Post 6259475)
i have the command firmware update for w204 but cd alone is not enough, you would need a star to update it. but i can share the cd for free.
And about the map update. I'll be getting the 2015 map update around February when it gets released and i'll start a group and see who's interested in sharing the cost.

what you mean a star to update?
also get at me on the group buy i'll pm you my email

charles.soori 12-11-2014 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by dgghostkilla (Post 6259526)
what you mean a star to update?
also get at me on the group buy i'll pm you my email

Mercedes Star diagnosis, this is what the dealer uses. You can try using the engineering menu to update but I don't think it would work as I tried it and other had no luck as well.

TheRulesLawyer 02-12-2015 01:20 AM

Just had mine updated. Shows 13.22.00. However I don't have any of the new command online stuff, just the sirus weather. I was looking forward to the bluetooth DUN stuff. Any ideas?

This might help others. How to enable the browser on US models.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-c...ml#post5398667
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ml#post5292276
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post5279428
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ml#post5425924

Some videos on use
Getting online

Importing personal POI

Importing routes from google maps

Still need to go test this and see what I get.

ceevee 03-05-2015 03:04 PM

Can anyone confirm the latest version number? The last post indicates 13.22.00. I want to confirm the version before purchasing a 2012 C350 from a local dealer.

Masterchief0624 05-21-2015 07:35 PM

does anyone know how much would it be to update a 2008 c350 comand to the newest firmware?

lmc82 10-30-2015 07:34 AM

How can I tell what software version I am running on my 2009 W212 car? Also does Mercedes have release notes for each release.

Almost every software company does this.

Eric Shields 11-10-2015 11:09 PM

I recently purchased a 2008 c300, I've been frustrated with the low aux volume, I have an appointment on Saturday for the update,ive had to resort to burned CDs to have a good variety of music at the volume in which I prefer,hoping this takes care of it

capt_paul 11-13-2015 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by charles.soori (Post 6259475)

I am interested in getting the firmware/map update for my 2013 C350. What is the price that people have paid, since the update requires the XENTRY sytem to update at the dealership. I am willing to go to an LA area or Phoenix dealer if I can get a better price that at Fletcher Jones Imports here in Las Vegas

nz1otter 11-26-2015 07:07 PM

Hi guys,
Is there anywere i can down load the software updates from.
I have a C216 CL550 2007. It has been imported into New Zealand from Japan, a local Europen service centre updated the FM side of it so i can now get New Zealand radio stations. They told me I need to update the whole command system either to a New Zealand or Australian version.

Thanks In advance
Steve

yacoub.alyacoub 11-29-2015 07:45 AM

still nobody stated how much does it coast or the latest version

As i'm in Doha my command started acting crazy

& it's now at the dealer, I will see whats they problem and if it needs update i will share it here for sure the price and duration

DuckySaysQuack 12-02-2015 03:56 PM

I just checked my 2009 C300's HU version, it's 08.15.01 :( Do I win at being the oldest version?

nycsr20 12-02-2015 04:17 PM

I think I win

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a21ec3f81b.jpg

yacoub.alyacoub 12-03-2015 04:07 AM

I don't know whats mine

But I just asked the dealer to do the upgrade and reset and it's going to cost me 700QAR which is equivalent to $191 USD.

Once I recive the car I will let you guys know.

Also for the mounts engine mounts and gear mount it's going to cost me here 3220 QAR which is about 883USD

I called Kuwait dealer as i'm traveling there next week and they told me it's going to be 411 USD ONLY !!!! such a rip off in Doha dealer as it's the only one in the country

Surge 03-27-2016 10:50 AM

What is happening with the lack of support for Google street view, RSS feeds, and the switch away from Google as the search app?
These changes happened as of Jan 1, 2016.

fne2864a 05-04-2016 05:20 PM

Command Software Update

Hello everyone, I purchased a pre-owned 2010 E350 sport package (P2). I was able to connect my iPhone 6 to BT, however, I was not able to connect the BT Audio. I did some research and discovered that, on most older model MB vehicles, like mine, a software/firmware update is required. I called the local MB/STEALER, and they proceed to tell me that they have never heard of any such update :bs:, so I humbly explained that this issue is being widely discussed all over the MB Forums. The nice lady at MB asks me to come in and speak with a SA, however, before I make an appointment and go speak to an SA, does anyone know, how much it would cost (ball park) for an update in the NJ area..Thanks...:nix:

aznmode 05-04-2016 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by fne2864a (Post 6792825)
Hello everyone, I purchased a pre-owned 2010 E350 sport package (P2). I was able to connect my iPhone 6 to BT, however, I was not able to connect the BT Audio. I did some research and discovered that, on most older model MB vehicles, like mine, a software/firmware update is required. I called the local MB/STEALER, and they proceed to tell me that they have never heard of any such update :bs:, so I humbly explained that this issue is being widely discussed all over the MB Forums. The nice lady at MB asks me to come in and speak with a SA, however, before I make an appointment and go speak to an SA, does anyone know, how much it would cost (ball park) for an update in the NJ area..Thanks...:nix:

BT audio is hardware related. The only BT audio you can do is BT audio when on a call. If you are trying to output music from your phone via BT, 2010 models do not support it.

KirilMacedonian 06-01-2016 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by yacoub.alyacoub (Post 6632539)
I don't know whats mine

But I just asked the dealer to do the upgrade and reset and it's going to cost me 700QAR which is equivalent to $191 USD.

Once I recive the car I will let you guys know.

Also for the mounts engine mounts and gear mount it's going to cost me here 3220 QAR which is about 883USD

I called Kuwait dealer as i'm traveling there next week and they told me it's going to be 411 USD ONLY !!!! such a rip off in Doha dealer as it's the only one in the country

Question: What was the reason behind changing the engine and trans mounts?
I am asking because i am thinking of doing that because of increased noise and vibrations in the cabine, as well as a strange release feeling when changing gear at higher rpm.

michail71 06-01-2016 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by fne2864a (Post 6792825)

With stuff like this most dealers don't have answers until you get an actual service appointment. They may have to open a ticket with the manufacturer or bring in a regional specialist. I would guess the minimum cost to be $500 to $1000+ if it was possible.

But it seems odd to me that a 2010 doesn't have that ability. I had an older VW that supported BT audio.

codywparks 06-01-2016 08:34 PM

If BT is the issue for anyone that doesn't want to pay large amounts of money for the update why not buy something like Tune2Air by Bovee? (). I installed it in my 09 C300 and it works beautifully.

If it's more you want (nav, BT settings screen, internet, etc), I understand this wouldn't work for you.

xEryx 06-02-2016 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by aznmode (Post 6792870)
BT audio is hardware related. The only BT audio you can do is BT audio when on a call. If you are trying to output music from your phone via BT, 2010 models do not support it.

2010 W212 already comes with the hardware so it is possible to have BT Audio with a software update.

I would update it for you fne2864a much cheaper than the dealer, but it would be a 2-3 hour drive to PA.

HighSun_Murder 07-13-2016 09:01 PM

Maybe this will be helpful

http://www.mercedes-benz-mobile.com/...15-11/download

Josh.A.Hussey 07-16-2016 04:39 PM

I've always wondered why nobody has written an app that tells the unit you're on a call and then sends the music instead! :D. Probably due to how the unit deals with supposedly Voice Only output..

Would love to know if it's possible to do a software update on my W204 to get BT Audio! I've got the Prologic 7 with the HarmonKardon stuff, maybe that will tell you what command system I have... haha.

LandSeaAir 05-26-2017 05:50 PM

Anyone know what the latest upgrade is for the 2008-2011 W204 and what some of the upgrades are? Would be cool to compile some info on this.

RenVilo 05-26-2017 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by LandSeaAir (Post 7161519)
Anyone know what the latest upgrade is for the 2008-2011 W204 and what some of the upgrades are? Would be cool to compile some info on this.

would also like to know

ghlkal 05-26-2017 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by LandSeaAir (Post 7161519)

+2

HelixMB 05-29-2017 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by ghlkal (Post 7161728)
+2

+3

jeffabetes 06-09-2017 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Masterchief0624 (Post 6440546)
does anyone know how much would it be to update a 2008 c350 comand to the newest firmware?

I called my local MB dealer and the price they gave me on the phone was $250 bucks. Not sure if that's across the board or not. :word:

EDIT: maybe that was just for the map update, I can't remember now. Sorry :(

benzw205 06-10-2017 06:42 AM

Hello, can you tell me more about software update ? They won't do it if I do not ask ? I have a W205, end of guaranty soon, should I ask an update ? Thanks.

Ehsan Tatina 11-29-2020 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by ucfbeta92 (Post 4801000)

Could you please send me a link to download

Nektopoli 01-07-2021 07:29 PM

No link, I got the DVDs (two needed) off eBay, I have to order 3 times and return 2 (1 order 1 DVD showed up cracked and the other order 1 DVD was corrupted). When I finally got 2 working DVDs it took about 2 to 3 hours and required the key be in position 2 the whole time. NP

Mrboost05 01-25-2021 09:35 PM

Can anyone share what the latest version of command they have for the ntg4 is ? I had mine updated at the dealer in August of 2019 command and nav wanted to see if anyone had anything newer.

Also having a issue with the volume sporadically adjusting on it's own.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...59baa66ec1.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a8fa175123.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...91522b5dfe.jpg

P1agu3 06-01-2021 03:10 AM

Hi All, bit of an old post but does anyone have the firmware to update the command of my W204 C200 2009? Would also be interested if you have the update maps DVD version before the pin was required for Australia / NZ?