C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2012 Engineering Menu / Enabling Backup Camera

Old 10-02-2011, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
2012 Engineering Menu / Enabling Backup Camera

Hi All,

Was hoping we could start a thread regarding the changes to the 2012 COMAND unit.

The "Hangup / # / 1" trick still works in the 2012 unit.
I don't see an option to enable the reverse camera though.
I also see that there are a bunch of internet settings.

How do we enable the reverse camera? I know it's doable - it is an optional add on for the initial launch models.

...and how do we enable the web browser?

Last edited by acr2001; 10-02-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Congratulations on your new car! Enjoy!
Old 10-02-2011, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Congratulations on your new car! Enjoy!
Thanks Glyn! The C240 was a major lemon (you might remember my thread with the huge list of problems?) well, now the transmission was acting up! So I decided enough was enough. Got a really good deal on it.

Update to the thread: I was able to find the Reverse Camera line in the engineering menu (it is now down another page). It doesn't have a simple "enable" option now, rather it has a bunch of options where are completely foreign to me - guess I'll have to try them until I find the right one.

Also, I found the option to enable the "Browser". Now there is a full web browser activated in the COMAND unit, but I cannot get it to connect. It wants to use my cell phone to get data but says that my phone (iPhone 4) doesn't support it.

If anyone has any suggestions I'll give it a try and report back.

EDIT: So, upon further research, the "COMAND online" feature as it is known in Europe (where it is enabled) requires a phone that supports Bluetooth DUN. No iPhone or Android supports this - only Blackberry and a few old phones. It is an outdated standard that Mercedes somehow decided to use :O I assume this is the reason why MBUSA disables this mostly useless option in America.

Last edited by acr2001; 10-02-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Maybe I'm beating an already dead horse?

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...tethering.html

Some good info here.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC250 Coupe
Hi. I'm pretty sure its programmable.. I've done so in my new W204. Just waiting on someone to come up with instructions to open up the dash unit.....
You can also have options to enable bluetooth audio, aux, and web browsing..
Old 03-10-2012, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300 4Matic Sport...2012 C350 4Matic
Originally Posted by acr2001
Thanks Glyn! The C240 was a major lemon (you might remember my thread with the huge list of problems?) well, now the transmission was acting up! So I decided enough was enough. Got a really good deal on it.

Update to the thread: I was able to find the Reverse Camera line in the engineering menu (it is now down another page). It doesn't have a simple "enable" option now, rather it has a bunch of options where are completely foreign to me - guess I'll have to try them until I find the right one.

Also, I found the option to enable the "Browser". Now there is a full web browser activated in the COMAND unit, but I cannot get it to connect. It wants to use my cell phone to get data but says that my phone (iPhone 4) doesn't support it.

EDIT: So, upon further research, the "COMAND online" feature as it is known in Europe (where it is enabled) requires a phone that supports Bluetooth DUN. No iPhone or Android supports this - only Blackberry and a few old phones. It is an outdated standard that Mercedes somehow decided to use :O I assume this is the reason why MBUSA disables this mostly useless option in America.
I am able to get to the engineering menu but I can't find the options to enable the browser? Can you show me what your engineering menu look like? I am wonder if this is removed from the 2012 COMAND unit.

Thanks much!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:21 AM

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by woofwoofz
I am able to get to the engineering menu but I can't find the options to enable the browser? Can you show me what your engineering menu look like? I am wonder if this is removed from the 2012 COMAND unit.

Thanks much!
I would also like to get browser enabled. Have you had any luck?
Old 07-06-2012, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by milan187
I would also like to get browser enabled. Have you had any luck?
No luck at all. I can't find the way to do that. If you do, please share that here.

Dennis
Old 07-12-2012, 08:39 PM

2012 C300 4Matic
I was able to enable the browser. I can post pictures if someone needs it but its not that hard. The browser its self is not that great or fast but I guess its a cool feature to show off

1. Enter engineering menu by holding Hangup / # / 1 for about 10 seconds.

2. Go into HW Setup and find HU parametres.

3. There are 11 pages here and I have enabled 3 things. Browser ON and two Telephone settings to on I think they where on page 7. Telefone SAP module and Telephone RFP.

After you do these just turn of your radio and turn it back on and a browser icon should show up beside System.

Than you just need to set your provider in the settings of the browser. If your phone is through T-Mobile than pick T-Mobile.

If anyone finds any other cool tricks or settings please post.

I saw a digital manual and I turned it on but don't see it show up any where.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:42 PM

2012 C300 4Matic
By the way iphone will not work as they do not support modem mode. I have a BlackBerry and it works fine. Android should be ok too.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:49 AM

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by LatchLoua
I'm pretty sure its programmable..
What is?
Old 07-13-2012, 08:50 PM

I was able to enable the browser. I can post pictures if someone needs it but its not that hard. The browser its self is not that great or fast but I guess its a cool feature to show off

3. There are 11 pages here and I have enabled 3 things. Browser ON and two Telephone settings to on I think they where on page 7. Telefone SAP module and Telephone RFP.

After you do these just turn of your radio and turn it back on and a browser icon should show up beside System.

Than you just need to set your provider in the settings of the browser. If your phone is through T-Mobile than pick T-Mobile.

Milan187, thanks of sharing that. I got mine to work too. On either page 8 or 9, there are two options for "WA". With them turned on, the Sirus weather information suddenly become available.

-Dennis
Old 07-13-2012, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Milan187, thanks of sharing that. I got mine to work too. On either page 8 or 9, there are two options for "WA". With them turned on, the Sirus weather information suddenly become available.

-Dennis
If your an owner of a US car, the Sirius weather info is available out of the box - no option needs to be changed. Are you talking about something else?
Old 07-14-2012, 09:36 AM

If your an owner of a US car, the Sirius weather info is available out of the box - no option needs to be changed. Are you talking about something else?
In Canada, Sirius weather is turned off. The "WA" options turned on the weather but for some reason, it will only show weather in US cities.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
In Canada, Sirius weather is turned off. The "WA" options turned on the weather but for some reason, it will only show weather in US cities.
Ah, gotcha. Add your location to your profile please!
Old 07-20-2012, 11:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got everything to activate, till I had to enable it in the "settings". When I go to select the "country" I have a choice of a hundred, BUT, no selection for USA! Canada is the closest but that doesn't help much.

If you have any suggestions for manually inputting, please post.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:08 AM

E class

Hi, can you tell me how did you activate the reverse Camera ? I have a E class Model 2012, just bought it this week... I can't find the option in the engineering mode. I have Audio 20, not COMAND; small screen & Becker Nav pilot. However, there is no selection in the engineering menu (accessed by holding in hang-up, 1 and # simultaneously for 10 seconds).
I have the same engineering mode as this one :
Thx
Old 12-14-2012, 05:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 ML 350 BT
Is there any way to get Weather for Canadian cities? Toronto?!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 ML 350 BT
Nothing?!?
Old 03-16-2013, 04:03 PM

C180
Originally Posted by tomeya
Hi, can you tell me how did you activate the reverse Camera ? I have a E class Model 2012, just bought it this week... I can't find the option in the engineering mode. I have Audio 20, not COMAND; small screen & Becker Nav pilot. However, there is no selection in the engineering menu (accessed by holding in hang-up, 1 and # simultaneously for 10 seconds).
I have the same engineering mode as this one :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzWqBeg3FRc
Thx
I have the same screen as you... Did you manage to enable anything??
Old 03-17-2013, 06:43 AM

E class
Still no solution ...
Do you have the same model as mine ? There is another problem, i dont know where to plug the green fakra cable of the camera .
All inputs are already taken
Attached Thumbnails 2012 Engineering Menu / Enabling Backup Camera-img_1306.jpg   2012 Engineering Menu / Enabling Backup Camera-img_1310.jpg  
Old 03-17-2013, 10:11 AM

C180
Originally Posted by tomeya
Still no solution ...
Do you have the same model as mine ? There is another problem, i dont know where to plug the green fakra cable of the camera .
All inputs are already taken
Hi! I have the same screen as shown on the video you posted, but my car is a w204. My unit came without Navi, browser and weather options. All blocked from factory. I've been trying to enter the eng menu to enable it but it seems the sw version we have is different from the one the guys on this thread have...

I read somewhere that firmware update might be required...
Attached Thumbnails 2012 Engineering Menu / Enabling Backup Camera-image.jpg  
Old 03-17-2013, 10:22 AM

E class
I also heard about a second menu:

"Press End call + 1 + # buttons all at the same time for 10 seconds and the screen gets you in the engineering mode.

While in that screen press: End call + 4 + # buttons at the same time for 10 seconds and a second screen is available"

It doesnt work for me ..
Old 03-17-2013, 11:05 AM

C180
I can't access this "secret" menu. I think it has to do with the sw version we have...
Old 04-01-2013, 07:39 AM

E class
Originally Posted by dflandrade
Hi! I have the same screen as shown on the video you posted, but my car is a w204. My unit came without Navi, browser and weather options. All blocked from factory. I've been trying to enter the eng menu to enable it but it seems the sw version we have is different from the one the guys on this thread have...

I read somewhere that firmware update might be required...

We don't have the same version

2012 Engineering Menu / Enabling Backup Camera-img_1587.jpg

2012 Engineering Menu / Enabling Backup Camera-img_1589.jpg

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 Engineering Menu / Enabling Backup Camera