MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Bad steering lock and ignition module $1900!!! (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/417787-bad-steering-lock-ignition-module-1900-a.html)

prom1975 07-26-2013 05:10 PM

http://www.eeprom.lg.ua/blokirator-mersedes-w204/

http://www.eeprom.lg.ua/proekty

mail prom1975@mail.ru

nismosr 07-26-2013 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by prom1975 (Post 5633918)

any chance your site have an english translation ?

prom1975 07-27-2013 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by nismosr (Post 5727517)
any chance your site have an english translation ?

You can use a google translator =-)

JimPap 07-29-2013 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by JimPap (Post 5624896)
Thanks for posting.

My 2008 C300 will intermittently not want to start.

What I've done is removed the key fob, then reinsert it. You can hear something that sounds like a sliding part move when it works right and when it doesn't work, you don't hear the sliding noise. Can't help but wonder if this is something that I could take apart but then again, I'd rather not tear it up.

In any event, it sounds like it's on it's way out and I'll be calling mbusa when it finally gives up the ghost.

It finally gave up the ghost last week. The only way I could get it to crank this morning was to have my wife pray for it to start. Don't laugh, it started after I tried a half dozen times including banging the tilting steering wheel thing a few times.

Anyway, this time my discussion with the service writer that I've gotten to know with my other repairs was that I wanted MBUSA to pay for this one. That it's an obvious defect that many others had and I'm prepared to organize a class action suit. He mentioned that this same problem happens on a lot of cars including the E series and one other series.

vic viper 07-29-2013 11:26 AM

Its not that common, and we havnt replaced any W212 EZS modules or steering locks.

For the record, W212 with ISM 7G tronic doesnt have a steering lock at all.

JimPap 08-01-2013 08:07 AM

vic viper

What all is involved in replacing the module?
How long does it take?
Is it a DIY project?

Too late for me as my car's in the shop waiting for parts but for others.

KulbirGill 08-22-2013 06:38 AM

i have a 2008 w204 c220 and have the same problem of a faulty steering lock. took it to the mb dealership and have ben told that the same needs to be replaced. it seems to be a worldwide issue on mb and the same needs to be seriously looked in to by merc
kulbir gill
india

silkynitro 02-17-2014 09:24 PM

I have a 2009 C220CDI W204 had the same problem about two weeks ago car wouldn't start hasn't happen since fingers crossed.

I spoke to the dealer and he mentioned it could be the key or ignition switch :confused:

So I priced a brand new ignition switch just over $2.000

Wally Wombat 02-18-2014 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by silkynitro (Post 5945784)
I have a 2009 C220CDI W204 had the same problem about two weeks ago car wouldn't start hasn't happen since fingers crossed.

I spoke to the dealer and he mentioned it could be the key or ignition switch :confused:

So I priced a brand new ignition switch just over $2.000

May I give you a piece of sound advice ... sell the C220 CDI and go and buy a Subaru Forester (not Diesel either :eek:) or a Hyundai Elantra.

That Black Beast is jinxed. :mad: :mad:

Glyn M Ruck 02-18-2014 06:40 AM

Remember to make them diagnose whether it is the ESL or the EIS. Most damn dealers just replace both which is not necessary & relieves you of your hard earned cash.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...?highlight=EIS

caligreenzzz 02-18-2014 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by silkynitro (Post 5945784)

That's how I felt, but once it happens, it's a done deal....give it a month and I bet ur car won't start......

shotgun_banjo 02-18-2014 12:24 PM

I have a 09 and the ignition switch was replaced almost a year ago. Is the old part been replaced with a new version or just the same thing?

silkynitro 02-18-2014 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Wally Wombat (Post 5946053)
May I give you a piece of sound advice ... sell the C220 CDI and go and buy a Subaru Forester (not Diesel either :eek:) or a Hyundai Elantra.

That Black Beast is jinxed. :mad: :mad:

Thanks for the advice matey, I'm looking at a New Honda CR-V I'm finding it a little hard getting in and out of this so called luxury car.

Cheers

silkynitro 02-18-2014 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by caligreenzzz (Post 5946347)
That's how I felt, but once it happens, it's a done deal....give it a month and I bet ur car won't start......

What was the problem with yours, was it the ignition switch??

Thanks, you have just jinxed me, I've just had the same problem, had to put the key in an out a few times before it would start.

I may have to take it to the dealer sooner than later.

silkynitro 02-18-2014 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by shotgun_banjo (Post 5946368)
I have a 09 and the ignition switch was replaced almost a year ago. Is the old part been replaced with a new version or just the same thing?

Haven't changed it, not sure what the problem is, I'm due for a service in about a month or so, i'll get it checked out then, that's if it last till then, fingers crossed.

cheers

silkynitro 02-18-2014 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck (Post 5946106)
Remember to make them diagnose whether it is the ESL or the EIS. Most damn dealers just replace both which is not necessary & relieves you of your hard earned cash.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...?highlight=EIS

Thanks, will do, either way i'll be putting my hand in the pocket once again :eek:

Carsy 02-18-2014 09:19 PM

Has anyone know of a 2007 having these problems ?.

There seem to be more 2008 & 2009's.

Silky, Hopefully yours was a one off glitch. Sometimes mine will not start but always because I have not ticked all the logic boxes.

silkynitro 02-18-2014 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Carsy (Post 5947008)
Has anyone know of a 2007 having these problems ?.

There seem to be more 2008 & 2009's.

Silky, Hopefully yours was a one off glitch. Sometimes mine will not start but always because I have not ticked all the logic boxes.

I wish it was, it's happened about 3-4 times in the last couple of months.

I checked with the dealer, he thinks it maybe either the key?? or the ignition switch, he said the C Class

(not sure if he meant all or just 2009 model) has had a few problems with the switch.

I said well in that case, it should be replaced under MB good will and he said yes it should be.

However MB customer service said we will look at helping out with the cost certainly won't be replaced for nothing. it's wear & tear
:word: Never had one go in any of my other cars

Carsy 02-18-2014 10:15 PM

Have you tried your other key?

silkynitro 02-18-2014 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Carsy (Post 5947090)
Have you tried your other key?

No I haven't, I'll change from today and see what happens thanks.

I've been meaning to ask what brand of tyres are you running,

I have Goodyear Assurance on the car when bought, and they seem very noisy all most due for a new set.

I'm going to put Michelin Primacy 3 st on if I don't get the sh...ts and trade on another car

Cheers

Carsy 02-19-2014 01:42 AM

My OEMs where Bridgestone Turanzas & each & every tyre failed in the same way with deep cracking on the outer tread when about 20 % left.

I replaced them with Michelin Primacy HP as suggested by Glyn as the South African farmers use them on their rough roads. They seem to be tough & are not cupping as yet.

One was damaged by a sharp pothole . Primacy HP were no longer available to me here in tubeless, only in run flat, so I went for his other recommendation the Michelin XM2 . So far so good , a tough tyre for my conditions but too early to give a recommendation as I have only done about 6000 km. Their price from Jax was quite reasonable @$182 each.

Glyn did say the SA farmers were also fitting Primacy 3 so they must be tough enough.

Good luck with the other key.

JC

Wally Wombat 02-23-2014 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by silkynitro (Post 5947053)
I wish it was, it's happened about 3-4 times in the last couple of months.

I checked with the dealer, he thinks it maybe either the key?? or the ignition switch, he said the C Class

(not sure if he meant all or just 2009 model) has had a few problems with the switch.

I said well in that case, it should be replaced under MB good will and he said yes it should be.

However MB customer service said we will look at helping out with the cost certainly won't be replaced for nothing. it's wear & tear

Have you tried the other key as suggested silkynitro?

W204white2010 02-23-2014 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by silkynitro (Post 5947053)

I'm in the same boat as you. My service advisor here in southern California said the same exact BS. "it's wear & tear":smash:

silkynitro 02-23-2014 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Wally Wombat (Post 5951867)
Have you tried the other key as suggested silkynitro?

Yes have been using the other key since my last post at this stage touch wood it's working fine.

I ask the local dealer if he wouldn't mind bringing out the C200CDi 2011 model (Price $39.485.00) that he has in-stock, looking at trading up to one that is still in warranty :D that's if the change over figure is there a bouts, and hopefully I'll get a better run out of this one.

If not, I'll keep this one for a little longer since I've had a fair few parts replaced already and don't really expect to much more to go wrong that will cost me a heap of $$$$$$$$$$$$

Cheers

aussie e55 02-23-2014 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by silkynitro (Post 5952582)
Yes have been using the other key since my last post at this stage touch wood it's working fine.

I ask the local dealer if he wouldn't mind bringing out the C200CDi 2011 model (Price $39.485.00) that he has in-stock, looking at trading up to one that is still in warranty :D that's if the change over figure is there a bouts, and hopefully I'll get a better run out of this one.

If not, I'll keep this one for a little longer since I've had a fair few parts replaced already and don't really expect to much more to go wrong that will cost me a heap of $$$$$$$$$$$$

Cheers

about 6 months ago i had my eis replaced under MB used car warranty cost just over $2000 i was told who is your local MB dealer.