MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Door rattle (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/420598-door-rattle.html)

NewtwoMB 10-26-2011 05:45 AM

Door rattle

Hi, right out of the blue the left side front door (passenger side in UK) on my C Sport has developed a rattle when going over a bumpy road surface. Any ideas, experiences, suggested fixes? Its still under warranty so I will be taking it in to the dealership but just wondered what it could be and why now?

Thanks guys.:slap:

Sportstick 10-26-2011 09:45 AM

On a wild hunch, try pulling out the front left seat belt and hold it under tension while you drive on some rough road. Does the door area still rattle?

alexis.jones 10-26-2011 09:47 AM

I have a rattle coming from the back and i think its the rear middle seatbelt plastic, where the seatbelt comes out of the top of the seat

aaronpatrick01 10-26-2011 10:53 AM

I get the same rattle too..same side as well (Driver side in the U.S.). :(

jctevere 10-26-2011 03:43 PM

I have so many rattles in my car it isn't even funny. Rear decklid, rear dome light, sometimes from what sounds like the speakers in the doors, the front dome light/visors, its just ridiculous. This car has more creaks and rattles than my brothers 2003 Mustang GT... I gave up and just drive with the music turned up...

rb23lb 10-26-2011 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by jctevere (Post 4890967)
I have so many rattles in my car it isn't even funny. Rear decklid, rear dome light, sometimes from what sounds like the speakers in the doors, the front dome light/visors, its just ridiculous. This car has more creaks and rattles than my brothers 2003 Mustang GT... I gave up and just drive with the music turned up...

ya bottom line is with this much plastic in cars, there are bound to be rattles...

it is a constant rattle battle throughout most car's lives..

fix one, on comes the next sooner or later

Kaewen 10-26-2011 09:34 PM

empty the coins and stuff you have in the door pocket..
that was where mine was coming from... heheheh

amoffitt 10-26-2011 09:44 PM

I kind of have a rattle as well in my car... I only really notice it when i close the door, im suspecting my issue might have something to do with the drivers side mirror.

Richard2011 10-26-2011 09:52 PM

I think my rear dome light rattles, too! At certain RPMs, it does. The most annoying rattles I have are the little things in the cup holders that keep bottles from moving around.

NewtwoMB 10-28-2011 12:59 PM

Wow,

Opened a can of worms there! Thanks for all your contributions. Its the only real rattle I've heard in nearly 3 years apart from the one from the 7" satnav lid that everyone seems to get at some point.

There's no loose change in the door pocket and the rattle was heard when my wife was in the car, wearing her seatbelt.

My car is my pride and joy, its pristine with no crap anywhere in it, either inside or in the trunk so I'm pretty sure its something thats worked loose in the door or B pillar:confused :confused:

TrptTmx 05-15-2012 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Sportstick (Post 4890430)
On a wild hunch, try pulling out the front left seat belt and hold it under tension while you drive on some rough road. Does the door area still rattle?

This worked to get rid of a strange rattle I've been dealing with recently, couldn't tell where it was coming from.

Thanks!

Now how does one go about fixing this?

MBRedux 05-15-2012 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by TrptTmx (Post 5197581)
This worked to get rid of a strange rattle I've been dealing with recently, couldn't tell where it was coming from.

Thanks!

Try raising the adjuster! :y

Sportstick 05-15-2012 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by TrptTmx (Post 5197581)

Thanks!

Glad it helped diagnose the problem. Next step....dealer visit, which may ultimately include a warranty replacement of the assembly.

TrptTmx 05-16-2012 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by MBRedux (Post 5197612)
Try raising the adjuster! :y

I did, no go unfortunately.

Originally Posted by Sportstick (Post 5197628)
Glad it helped diagnose the problem. Next step....dealer visit, which may ultimately include a warranty replacement of the assembly.

My car is no longer under warranty and there is no local Mercedes dealership. I was hoping for a DIY solution, will have to figure something out..

Domm 05-16-2012 07:19 PM

Maybe this can help:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w204...anel-flex.html

Sorry for posting from another forum :D