C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

OM642 rough engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 03:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Mercedes C320 CDI
OM642 rough engine

Hi guys, just wondering how many of you have owned/driven a W204 C320/350 CDI, and what you thought in terms of refinement?, because I have a 2009 model with just under 100k miles and it sound very loud and rough especially under partial loud, also there is excessive vibrations in the cabin when idling, which i thought would be the mounts but they don't seem too bad..all in all I hope the engine is not usually meant to be so unrefined and clumsy..much appreciated for any input..
Old 08-13-2021, 10:58 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Cannot talk directly in relation to your variant, but on the OM654 4 pot diesel in the 250 CDI's it has the same characteristics.

It may very well be your mounts - both engine and trans...diesels of this vintage won't ever be smooth and quiet like their petrol counterparts.

I had mine changed last year and it made a significant difference to NVH, after so many years I simply got used to the way it felt despite ever increasing vibration on the steering wheel and cabin interior as it ages.

I'd recommend having the mounts looked at again as even mine did not seem worn out but the tech servicing my car assured me they were, the trans mount actually had a crack in it visible only after removal.
Old 08-15-2021, 04:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Mercedes C320 CDI
Originally Posted by AV1
Cannot talk directly in relation to your variant, but on the OM654 4 pot diesel in the 250 CDI's it has the same characteristics.

It may very well be your mounts - both engine and trans...diesels of this vintage won't ever be smooth and quiet like their petrol counterparts.

I had mine changed last year and it made a significant difference to NVH, after so many years I simply got used to the way it felt despite ever increasing vibration on the steering wheel and cabin interior as it ages.

I'd recommend having the mounts looked at again as even mine did not seem worn out but the tech servicing my car assured me they were, the trans mount actually had a crack in it visible only after removal.
Thanks for your response..I will surely try to get them checked out soon..