MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   C300 iPhone Bluetooth for Music (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/451287-c300-iphone-bluetooth-music.html)

Donnell 09-23-2013 10:24 PM

Thanks for the reply do you think it works better than the tune2air adapter that I just purchased?

Originally Posted by jdgping (Post 5789251)
I just traded in my 2011 c300 for a 13. I have a Cartronics anystream Bluetooth adapter. Perfect solution if you have a 30 pin cable, but no Bluetooth streaming built in. Can controll tracks from steering wheel. $75

ahmed.perez 12-14-2013 04:07 PM

This is the same reason that i can't have waze navigation audio trough the speakers?

Wawatusi 12-20-2013 08:32 PM

So, if you have an iPhone 5, iOS 7.03 and above renders any charging through the umi impossible, even with apple adapter.

Curious about this tune 2 air as it claims "air play" but not sure how that works regarding sound quality as it's a Bluetooth device.

Donnell 12-20-2013 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Wawatusi (Post 5882314)
So, if you have an iPhone 5, iOS 7.03 and above renders any charging through the umi impossible, even with apple adapter.

Curious about this tune 2 air as it claims "air play" but not sure how that works regarding sound quality as it's a Bluetooth device.

it works fantastic for me I've had it for three months now no problems

Donnell 12-20-2013 11:52 PM

For me is fantastic. I've had it for three months now with no problems

Wawatusi 12-21-2013 07:33 AM

Thanks guys. But im hoping to find out if its airplay over bluetooth or is it bluetooth, is the sound compressed more like bluetooth or is it streamed like airplay. Any bit rate chsnge? Sound quality change vs plugginf it in direct

Wawatusi 12-21-2013 07:35 AM

Thanks wunnonly. I'm curious how it achieces that. Time to find out.

JohnnyC300 02-09-2014 01:31 PM

Any update on sound quality of it? Does it in fact offer airplay as an alternative to bluetooth?

I'm ready to pull the trigger but if the sound is going to be worse than the radio/XM doesn't seem as worth it.

Stan_Ley 09-17-2014 10:37 AM

Tune Air BlueTooth

How much was the TuneAir? I looked it up on eBay and looks like it ships from London. Is that accurate?

HH-BeachGuy 10-27-2014 10:33 PM

Try this $50 solution...

Just bought a GoGroove FlexSMART X2 bluetooth receiver for $50 at Fryes. This tiny device has its own lighter charger (i.e. you can use the lighter plug in your C300 glove box), and a plug that goes into the 35mm iPod outlet (also in the glove box). Plug it in, turn, it on, pair to your iPhone, shut the glove box, and voila: streaming Pandora and other music from your iPhone. Has auto-reconnect (very important, so you don't have to re-pair every time you use it !), and my iPhone 5 allows me to be paired simultaneously to both the MBZ bluetooth (for phone use) and this device for music streaming - with iPhone in the cup holder, and no wires. You select this device from the AUX option under CD in the main console. You can also can get a $10 "ground loop isolator" from Amazon (plugs between the device and iPod outlet) in case of any high-end hum / buzz. (I don't get this, but read anectodally online that this can at times be an issue when using lighter power for music devices...). Only drawback I'm aware of is if you're streaming, and call comes in, I read that the bluetooth receiver will want to pick up the call (vs. the MBZ bluetooth), but I haven't tried this, and don't pick up in the car very often, so not an issue for me if that's really the case. Good luck all !

acarter53 10-30-2014 03:04 PM

??

I have a 2012. I can control my iphone music trough the steering wheel controls. Change tracks, pause, volume etc. The dash even tells me the title of what is playing. This is all via bluetooth connection. Is this not true for other years? :nix:

C3504M 01-09-2015 09:37 PM

I went and bought this bluetooth 30-pin adapter today and I hooked it up to my ipod cable in my 2011 C350 and connected to it with my phone and it says incompatible device.

I'm wondering will I have the same issue with a Tune2Air? Can anyone confirm 100% that the tune2air will workin a 2011 C350 with the ipod cable in the glovebox?

My old ass ipod works fine when connected to it.

Thanks guys.

AK-Benz 04-01-2015 04:08 AM

Cheap car audio bluetooth fix

I utilize the iPod adaptor in the glove box but if the lady wants to play her music, I've purchased a bluetooth adaptor and usb charger via Amazon and it works perfectly fine. Paid no more than 35 bucks and it's a very simple install. The bluetooth adaptor comes with a male-male 3.5 audio cable (plug that into the audio jack in the glove box), as well the usb cable to power the device. Plug that into the usb charger and you're all set. To pair the bluetooth device to any media player, simply press the pairing button. The only down side to this is the music tends to be a bit softer but you can crank the volume knob to max and it's still plenty loud.

Links to what I used
Bluetooth/NFC adaptor USB charger
Hope this helps!!

batkoski 04-01-2015 10:31 AM

Saw someone post this on another thread, may be something worth looking into. I have a similar setup and the noise is so quiet that I have to turn it up, but by doing so I hear a constant high-pitched noise in the background.

http://smile.amazon.com/FiiO-E11-Por...iglink20394-20

EDIT: Sorry, posted the smile.amazon, feel free to support my old fraternity but here is the normal:

Originally Posted by AK-Benz (Post 6384161)
I utilize the iPod adaptor in the glove box but if the lady wants to play her music, I've purchased a bluetooth adaptor and usb charger via Amazon and it works perfectly fine. Paid no more than 35 bucks and it's a very simple install. The bluetooth adaptor comes with a male-male 3.5 audio cable (plug that into the audio jack in the glove box), as well the usb cable to power the device. Plug that into the usb charger and you're all set. To pair the bluetooth device to any media player, simply press the pairing button. The only down side to this is the music tends to be a bit softer but you can crank the volume knob to max and it's still plenty loud.

Links to what I used
Bluetooth/NFC adaptor Amazon.com: HomeSpot NFC-Enabled Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Sound System: Electronics
USB charger Amazon.com: PowerGen 2.4Amps / 12W Dual USB Car charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices - Black: MP3 Players & Accessories

Hope this helps!!

AK-Benz 04-09-2015 05:14 AM

Oh yes, that would solve the issue. Have you tried that out yet? If so, whats your verdict?

chayes78 03-25-2016 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by LDL2010 (Post 5236649)
You have to get a Media Interface Plus which was not available in 2010. http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/20/m...riendly-bluet/

Was it available in 2013? I am having the Same issue, I just got this car and it is difficult, I have a lexus that is auto I don't have to do all of this so I am lost with this car

TJ Taylor 04-19-2017 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by batmC350 (Post 5237201)
The bluetooth audio from the iPhone does not provide full control of the iPhone music, it simply allows music playing on the iPhone to be routed to the cars speakers. In effect, the speaker system is acting as a bluetooth headset. When I got mine, I wasn't able to listen to bluetooth audio until I pulled out my iPhone and went into the Music app and selected an album.

In my car, there is a connector in the central stowage area and a cable to connect from that connector to the iPhone. This allows full control of the iPhone, but requires the wired connection. I believe that this is part of the UMI.

So I Can listen to music from my iPhone via Bluetooth in the speakers?