C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Lower engine splash guard missing and damage on side skirt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 12:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 4matic
Lower engine splash guard missing and damage on side skirt

Hi everyone new to the forum, purchased a 2013 c300 (first mb). Recently had the car inspected everything is great. Engine, interior and exterior is great. But when the car was put on hoist everything is good except two things:

1) the lower engine splash guard is missing from the car, can some tell me how important this component is, where can I order a new one and the cost for 2013 lower engine splash guard

Edit: also will 08-11 lower engine splash guard fit on 2013 c300

2) the second thing is the previous owner seems to hit a curb on the side skirt of the vehicle. You can't see it unless you look directly under it. Do you think I should fix this? Looks cosmetic only, is there serious damage in the area? Anything I can do to fill in the hole? So dirt and dust won't build up in skirt?

Thank you

Ps, car has factory warranty until June
Attached Thumbnails Lower engine splash guard missing and damage on side skirt-image.jpeg  

Last edited by Savv; 03-25-2017 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
You do not say where you come from?

If you live in a salted roads or are on dirt roads area I would suggest replacing the engine splash guard. Having no guard will certainly keep your engine cooler., oil particularly.

Definitely close up the sill gash to prevent dirt entering & causing corrosion. Give it a hose out first & use a sealing wax to prevent rust forming. For a temporary job you could fold over the rough edges & tape with strong gaffer tape.

This sill area can give structural integrity so I suggest gaining an experts opinion.

Let us know how you go.

John.
The following users liked this post:
Savv (03-25-2017)
Old 03-25-2017, 04:22 PM

2013 C300 4matic
Smile

Originally Posted by Carsy
You do not say where you come from?

If you live in a salted roads or are on dirt roads area I would suggest replacing the engine splash guard. Having no guard will certainly keep your engine cooler., oil particularly.

Definitely close up the sill gash to prevent dirt entering & causing corrosion. Give it a hose out first & use a sealing wax to prevent rust forming. For a temporary job you could fold over the rough edges & tape with strong gaffer tape.

This sill area can give structural integrity so I suggest gaining an experts opinion.

Let us know how you go.

John.
Thank you very much for you reply John! Was waiting all day for reply haha. Thanks for clearing out the gash situation and quick fix. I didn't want to change the skirt and your fix for skirt is what I was looking for! Will be doing that when I go to the store to buy items you stated! Will post update on that.

I live in Toronto Canada, so we get a lot of salt here . Luckily i got the car after the last snow fall so no salt on it recently. I was just extremely nervous with the lower engine exposed at the bottom I didn't want to drive the car; seems like I can go few days with it exposed and hopefully get it replaced. Will update asap when it's done.

Thanks again
Old 03-26-2017, 05:34 PM
IGB

'08 C300 MM Pano
There are actually 3 so-called shields... One beneath the bumper, one to cover the engine and one that trails under the transmission.

Electronics on these cars are very sensitive and accordingly, these splash shields are there to protect electrical as well as other parts. But the also help with aerodynamics for less drag and better fuel consumption.

#1 part number is 2045201123
#4 part number is 2125240301
#5 part number is 2045242530 This appears to be the only one that is interchangeable for all C-Class models from 2008-2014.

Of course, you being in Canada the pricing might vary slightly and shipping will be different as well. As always, when purchasing replacement parts, consult with your local dealer, provide them with your VIN # for accurate most up to date parts compatibility.

Last edited by IGB; 03-26-2017 at 05:37 PM.
Savv (03-26-2017)
Old 03-26-2017, 05:52 PM

2013 C300 4matic
Smile

Originally Posted by IGB
There are actually 3 so-called shields... One beneath the bumper, one to cover the engine and one that trails under the transmission.

Electronics on these cars are very sensitive and accordingly, these splash shields are there to protect electrical as well as other parts. But the also help with aerodynamics for less drag and better fuel consumption.

#1 part number is 2045201123
#4 part number is 2125240301
#5 part number is 2045242530 This appears to be the only one that is interchangeable for all C-Class models from 2008-2014.

Of course, you being in Canada the pricing might vary slightly and shipping will be different as well. As always, when purchasing replacement parts, consult with your local dealer, provide them with your VIN # for accurate most up to date parts compatibility.
Wow thanks so much for taking the time to help me out, this is very helpful IGB! Now I know the exact part I need. I'm sure this info you posted will help others who are missing a splash guard piece!

From looking at the diagram I think the piece that I'm missing is 4, I Think it the one that you remove when getting an oil change. Thanks so much for your help John and IGB
Attached Thumbnails Lower engine splash guard missing and damage on side skirt-image.jpeg  
Old 03-26-2017, 05:55 PM

2013 C300 4matic
Here's another picture
Old 04-20-2017, 01:05 AM

2013 C300 4matic
Just want to update this in case it can help someone in the future. The exact part number for a 2013 c300 4 matic centre engine splash guard is 2125202623. special thanks to pelican parts for identifying the part number

I currently put a chrome trimming with 3m tape over the gash but it started peeling. I'm going to try some gaffer tape next (like John stated). Should I sand away the rough edges before I add the tape?

Also if anyone got any suggestion, on how to fill(prefer tape/adhesive over paste fix) let me know!

Last edited by Savv; 04-20-2017 at 01:18 AM.
PelicanParts.com (04-20-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 03:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Yes, I would try to bend back the damage to make it as flat as possible .

If I were doing it I would apply a little heat from a gas torch to see whether the plastic would bend back & stay there.

Cleaning & sanding it back a little will roughen the surface & allow the tape to adhere better.

Try to buy the best quality cloth gaffer as available.

Thanks for the feedback. Not many do so .