C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Removing rear bumper?

Old 09-17-2012, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01' c320 (sold) / 03' Ford Focus(sold) :( / 98' C230 / 00' SL500 / 11' C300 Sport RWD w204
Removing rear bumper?

Hi guys! So about 2 months ago I parked my car outside in front of the mall cause it was closer to the theater. Long story short, came out and found out some ding head rear ended my car. By the looks of it a truck with a bike crane. The damage to my bumper isn't all that bad, but my diffuser is knocked out of place and cracked.

The first time I put my diffuser on was a pain in the ***, probably took an hour and a half trying to squeeze it on since its CF and it harder to flex. I have a spare diffuser that didn't fit and was told by the seller to keep it. I wanna replace the diffuser but now that I have quad tips, there's no way I can do it with the bumper on. (Have a rotary tool now and I'm gonna try to sand the sucker down to fit.

I found a PDF but its in black and white and a little hard to tell from the pictures. Anyone removed the bumper already and wanna chime in? Also how hard is it to remove the front bumper. Have a lip I'm itching to install
Old 12-21-2012, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300 Sport manual
Originally Posted by bringtherain
Hi guys! So about 2 months ago I parked my car outside in front of the mall cause it was closer to the theater. Long story short, came out and found out some ding head rear ended my car. By the looks of it a truck with a bike crane. The damage to my bumper isn't all that bad, but my diffuser is knocked out of place and cracked.

The first time I put my diffuser on was a pain in the ***, probably took an hour and a half trying to squeeze it on since its CF and it harder to flex. I have a spare diffuser that didn't fit and was told by the seller to keep it. I wanna replace the diffuser but now that I have quad tips, there's no way I can do it with the bumper on. (Have a rotary tool now and I'm gonna try to sand the sucker down to fit.

I found a PDF but its in black and white and a little hard to tell from the pictures. Anyone removed the bumper already and wanna chime in? Also how hard is it to remove the front bumper. Have a lip I'm itching to install

Did you ever remove the rear bumper? I'm having to the same for the same reason as you.