MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   C 200 CDI BlueEff performance enhancement (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/473538-c-200-cdi-blueeff-performance-enhancement.html)

eszanto 12-09-2012 04:49 PM

C 200 CDI BlueEff performance enhancement

First of all, it is my first post here on boards so I would like to say hi to all of you.

I drive a w204 C 200 CDI Blue Efficiency with OM 651 engine and 7g tronic transmission, production year 2012 and I would like to get a little bit more power out of it. I was thinking about getting the ECU tuned, but I failed to find a company that does it for my model (Brabus, Carlsson, etc). Do you guys know any reliable company that makes such kit?

Are there any other means of enhancing the performance of this model?

Thank you for your reply.

BSpencer 12-09-2012 05:44 PM

Brabus do have plug & play kits for the C200 CDI;

http://www.brabus.com/en/raster.php?...49&kategorie=9

However, the ones i've seen before are very expensive for what they are IMO.

I should be getting my ECU done in the near future by a friend who has a tuning company, with a rolling road to do a custom tune. You should have similar companies in Slovakia too.

As for other means of increasing performance, it's the same as with any other model. An ECU tune will make the biggest difference but after that its things like exhaust system etc.

NewtwoMB 12-10-2012 12:37 PM

Extra performance for C200 CDI

Hi eszanto,

In early 2011 had my C220 CDI remapped (i.e. the ecu program was changed electronically) and have been very pleased with the results. It was done by AMD Technik who are represented here in UK and other parts of Europe I think.

Power went from 170 PS to 212 PS and the torque figure went up to 368 ft / lbs (not sure of the metric equivalent but probably around 450 nms). All verified by the AMD Technik rolling road. Still very driveable and just the same on fuel consumption unless the power is used a lot (very tempting!!!). Not sure what can be done with the exhaust as we're looking at both diesel and turbocharged engines here - normal rules don't apply, or so I'm told. Good luck. :)

eszanto 12-10-2012 01:26 PM

Thanks for the responses,

I contacted my local Brabus dealer and they told me that none of their products are fitting for my car. They might make a kit for it in the future but because of low demand it is not sure yet.

They also told me that changing exhaust system and air filters would have no effect on performance. :/

Any other ideas on how to increase power of a diesel turbocharged engine? I heard that changing glowplugs might have an impact, is that true?

Glyn M Ruck 12-10-2012 04:54 PM

There are only two ways to basically increase performance of a diesel. Get more air & more fuel into the engine. On a diesel you can't increase RPM due to the slow combustion process.

On modern electronically controlled diesels some improvement can be achieved by ECU tuning to try & increase boost & fueling rate in a balanced fashion. Beyond that you will need bigger injectors & possibly a larger turbo with the necessary ECU tune. I would wait until one of the reputable tuning shops provides such mods. You should also be aware that it will effect engine longevity & you might have to improve the cooling system.

Good luck!

RLE 12-10-2012 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by eszanto (Post 5463608)
Thanks for the responses,

Any other ideas on how to increase power of a diesel turbocharged engine? I heard that changing glowplugs might have an impact, is that true?

Glowplugs are for starting a cold engine. That's all.

eszanto 12-11-2012 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck (Post 5463860)
I would wait until one of the reputable tuning shops provides such mods.

So I finally found a company that does it in my area - MKB. Does anyone have any experiences with them? Do they belong to these 'reputable tuning shops'?

Glyn M Ruck 12-11-2012 09:39 AM

I don't know them but they seem to know what they are doing.