MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Kleeman ECU tune, 3.5L C300 (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/511244-kleeman-ecu-tune-3-5l-c300.html)

FFM 03-03-2015 11:36 PM

Alright alright alright. Excited to see some dyno figures! But I'll take your word since you sound so ecstatic about the increase haha.

edgalang 03-04-2015 12:04 AM

Nice.....maybe this will finally get Jared happy.

allenp99 03-04-2015 10:28 AM

Positive news, I like that. Butt dynos are great but still, I'm in to see some numbers *eats popcorn*

xjaymzzx 03-05-2015 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by scuba357 (Post 6347441)
OK, so i am probably the least computer literate guy on here. If i send my pre ecu tune results to someone, can they figure out how to post them here? I will also have post ecu tune done weds next week.

I have never shipped anything before, how did you set up the overnight shipping? And how did u take out the ecu :) thx!

scuba357 03-05-2015 12:33 PM

xjaymzzx, after removal i took the ecu and wrapped it in bubble wrap. put it in a box and went to fedex. I gave them the address to send it to and paid to have it overnighted. I also payed for an overnight label from that address back to my home and put that label in my box with the ecu.
as for removal. I am not a mechanic, i can change my oil, but thats about it. I got on youtube and saw what an ecu looked like. Silver square with ribbed sides. it has two big plugs stuck in the top. on the 204's it is on the drivers side of the motor. you must first pull off plastic engine cover. It has no screws or big tabs. just pull up. You will see the ecu. the two big cables plugged in to the top are held in place by clips that pull out one towards the front of car. one towards the rear. after pulling those clips, the plugs just wiggle loose. the ecu is hooked to a black metal plate. that plate sits on a few tabs that are just pushed in. no screws again this time either. you just pull it out. I did have to cut a zip tie that was holding another cable in place. but that was just for convenience.
I had never seen an ecu and removed it in about 5 mins. after it came back, i knew where it went and simply set it back in place plugged it in and off i went.
again i never used any tools to do any of this.
* should have the dyno done today if all works out time wise.

loungn14 03-05-2015 12:35 PM

Awesome @ scuba357!

Cory and crew are top notch, glad they could get you sorted!

It really is amazing how much a simple tune transforms the car

FFM 03-05-2015 12:46 PM

Euro, will there ever been a handheld tuner option or is it a design issue from the factory that you guys are unable to flash via the DLC port?

xjaymzzx 03-05-2015 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by scuba357 (Post 6353666)
xjaymzzx, after removal i took the ecu and wrapped it in bubble wrap. put it in a box and went to fedex. I gave them the address to send it to and paid to have it overnighted. I also payed for an overnight label from that address back to my home and put that label in my box with the ecu.
as for removal. I am not a mechanic, i can change my oil, but thats about it. I got on youtube and saw what an ecu looked like. Silver square with ribbed sides. it has two big plugs stuck in the top. on the 204's it is on the drivers side of the motor. you must first pull off plastic engine cover. It has no screws or big tabs. just pull up. You will see the ecu. the two big cables plugged in to the top are held in place by clips that pull out one towards the front of car. one towards the rear. after pulling those clips, the plugs just wiggle loose. the ecu is hooked to a black metal plate. that plate sits on a few tabs that are just pushed in. no screws again this time either. you just pull it out. I did have to cut a zip tie that was holding another cable in place. but that was just for convenience.
I had never seen an ecu and removed it in about 5 mins. after it came back, i knew where it went and simply set it back in place plugged it in and off i went.

Thx so much scuba. :) and hurry up on that Dyno! I'm too excited

loungn14 03-05-2015 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by FFM (Post 6353685)
Euro, will there ever been a handheld tuner option or is it a design issue from the factory that you guys are unable to flash via the DLC port?

we are working on it, just need a protocol to do it. It will be quite some time.

Trancebolt 03-07-2015 02:07 PM

I have an e350 bluetec with a kleeman tune. Im taking it out to get service done and will retest 0-60. right now its 7.5

That eurocharged rep whos working a groupbuy together after dyno results come out , thats a good vendor =D remind me to look up your site.

however, ive SEEN kleeman dynos for the e320cdi. THe truth is, when you punch all our gear ratios and hp/tq curve at ALLL RPM RANGES you are not achieving the reported hp/tq EVER. Often, you for a fraction of a second operate at max output. Your car is rated at 3400/5000 rpms or whatever, but given 5 shifts at the same rpm (3000 or something) you will reach out of (in my case 210max hp/400max tq) at best, an average ardoun 175hp/380 through the whole rev range.

Im excited to see scubas dynos results.

I have a 2010 and with the camshafts and headers with the ecu tune you can hit 330hp; WHich is actually the output of the e400 biturbo. That sounds realistic.

I highly doubt the 2013 will reach 330 BUT i bet you, like all other kleeman tunes, they will get 25% across the rev range. So for 250/240, around 35 each. TO be honest, you should be kissing their asses to get that.

xjaymzzx 03-10-2015 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by scuba357 (Post 6353666)

any update? been quiet for awhile

scuba357 03-10-2015 07:18 PM

Sorry, I was called on a business trip to Cali. I will be back in Vegas on Friday and will run over to get the DYNo done. I did manage to put a new set of wheels on before I left.
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...1521b82c91.jpg

allenp99 03-11-2015 09:39 AM

scuba357, wheels are looking sweet.

Quick off-topic question if you dont mind: what percent tint do you have on your windows?
Looks really good.

Thanks!

Trancebolt 03-17-2015 12:54 PM

i have a kleeman box for my 2012 bluetec; e350. really a e300. 2977~ ccs. Anyway; Originally you can find numbers posted for the 11-13 models that range from high 6s to high 8s. I dont believe 6 is possible, MAYBE with non run flats, unlike mine which has them.

So, every test ive done with my 12 with the KD Box ON.
(E mode 7.5)(7.8 for S mode) Best of 10 runs on the same street, no hills, 1000 ft elev.

The first runs I did with the kleeman box off, as it is now, had a fastest run in E mode of 8.1s;

Using a stopwatch. Not some automatic phone gyrometer app. Pedal Application Immediately pressing start, stopping after the digital mph says 60. Im pretty conservative with sprint times; I time most videos on youtube myself and if they say 5.7 im often at 6.5 or 6. For example; i think they start timing too early, and i hate those "rolling starts". All mine are strict

It sucked up about 5% more gas with the box on, and was a bit touchier to drive after months of it being in;

After removing it, it feels smoother and more controllable. They claim 25% gains across the rev line, id say likely not. But I do believe that the true function of these boxes is simply to unlock the full absolute pressure limit of the garrett turbocharger. For the record I called brabus many times and they said it doesnt work with the USA versions; Was very adamant to brush me off.

Its max abspsi is 30; mbz has it set to max at 22.7; Through the sensors this theoritcally allows for etc etc insert speculation here; They say it works better with a ecu chip tune as well; Bottom line, not a bad 700 bucks, but essentially not a physical power increase; All virtual. Not going to put it back in until my warranty is up and I can get the ecu chip modded too

TheRulesLawyer 03-17-2015 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Trancebolt (Post 6367635)
i have a kleeman box for my 2012 bluetec; e350. really a e300. 2977~ ccs. Anyway; Originally you can find numbers posted for the 11-13 models that range from high 6s to high 8s. I dont believe 6 is possible, MAYBE with non run flats, unlike mine which has them.

So, every test ive done with my 12 with the KD Box ON.
(E mode 7.5)(7.8 for S mode) Best of 10 runs on the same street, no hills, 1000 ft elev.

The first runs I did with the kleeman box off, as it is now, had a fastest run in E mode of 8.1s;

Using a stopwatch. Not some automatic phone gyrometer app. Pedal Application Immediately pressing start, stopping after the digital mph says 60. Im pretty conservative with sprint times; I time most videos on youtube myself and if they say 5.7 im often at 6.5 or 6. For example; i think they start timing too early, and i hate those "rolling starts". All mine are strict

It sucked up about 5% more gas with the box on, and was a bit touchier to drive after months of it being in;

After removing it, it feels smoother and more controllable. They claim 25% gains across the rev line, id say likely not. But I do believe that the true function of these boxes is simply to unlock the full absolute pressure limit of the garrett turbocharger. For the record I called brabus many times and they said it doesnt work with the USA versions; Was very adamant to brush me off.

Its max abspsi is 30; mbz has it set to max at 22.7; Through the sensors this theoritcally allows for etc etc insert speculation here; They say it works better with a ecu chip tune as well; Bottom line, not a bad 700 bucks, but essentially not a physical power increase; All virtual. Not going to put it back in until my warranty is up and I can get the ecu chip modded too

Sounds like you're talking about an entirely different engine. This is the M276. NA v6, 3.5l. No turbos or anything. Turbos make a huge difference in what you can expect out of a tune.

Trancebolt 03-17-2015 04:03 PM

right but its the same concept Turbo/Direct INjection = air fuel ratio changing. Same concept. same company, similar claims of power gains. Just giving you something to compare with

TheRulesLawyer 03-17-2015 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Trancebolt (Post 6367907)
right but its the same concept Turbo/Direct INjection = air fuel ratio changing. Same concept. same company, similar claims of power gains. Just giving you something to compare with

That is a staggering oversimplification. Changing boost on a turbo is more analogous to adding cams/headers/stroking a NA engine. IE you are actually changing the amount of air that the engine ingests. Both will have AFR and timing adjustments, but that's about where the similarity ends. In general you can expect way way more change out of a turbo tune than a NA tune. I wouldn't blink at a 25% claim on a turbo tune, but that sort of gain would be unheard of on a NA tune. The *only* reason why we are looking at pretty serious gains on a NA tune for the m276 is that its throttle mapping is restricted on the C300 m276. Just making the throttle plate open 100% is the vast majority of the tune we're talking about here. So, yah. Comparing a turbo tune to a NA is just ridiculous.

Trancebolt 03-17-2015 05:56 PM

alright, well thanks for the lesson; but at least i had some data bout a purchased and tested kleeman tuning product.

I apologize fotr my ignorance.

Maybe you should buy one and try it for us genius

Schlitter 03-17-2015 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Trancebolt (Post 6368035)
alright, well thanks for the lesson; but at least i had some data bout a purchased and tested kleeman tuning product.

Butthurt much? Someone has purchased it, and we are waiting for their dyno results.

TheRulesLawyer 03-17-2015 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Trancebolt (Post 6368035)

If I had a C300 I probably would have already. However I have a C350 and stand to gain 6-7% power if their claims are accurate. With that narrow of a margin a dyno is the difference between proving its worthwhile and a placebo. Just a throttle remap and more aggressive shift pattern can easily mask that sort of gain. Hopefully that's something that's going to be fixed soon. However I'm very much in the camp of not buying performance parts on "butt dyno" reports.

xjaymzzx 03-18-2015 04:47 AM

Go on guys :popcorn:

xjaymzzx 04-03-2015 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by scuba357 (Post 6359872)
Sorry, I was called on a business trip to Cali. I will be back in Vegas on Friday and will run over to get the DYNo done. I did manage to put a new set of wheels on before I left.
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...1521b82c91.jpg

Its been almost a month, any updates?

Hellbent 04-06-2015 12:37 AM

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...babefb213b.jpg

Scuba Scuba Dude, where are you?
We have 248HP now.
Is Kleeman fooling me, and Land and Sea?
You got to run that dyno right now.

genesisknight 06-28-2015 06:42 PM

I've just pulled my ECU tonight. Shipping out of Calgary, AB tomorrow.
If anyone knows a dyno in my vicinity that can take a 4matic, please let me know and I'll put it up next weekend.

genesisknight 06-29-2015 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Hellbent (Post 6389894)
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...babefb213b.jpg

Scuba Scuba Dude, where are you?
We have 248HP now.
Is Kleeman fooling me, and Land and Sea?
You got to run that dyno right now.

I seriously laughed out loud at this!!

I'm totally tingling now. Just posted my ECU priority post! I will probably checking the tracking every other hour...lol

In all honesty, I'm having a bugger of a time finding anyone in the Calgary area that can do an AWD dyno run...but I will keep on searching so we can have some difinitive proof. :D