MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Kleeman ECU tune, 3.5L C300 (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/511244-kleeman-ecu-tune-3-5l-c300.html)

xjaymzzx 02-25-2015 02:59 PM

Eurocharged is giving a similiar tune with the same HP result (up to 330 Hp) at $600!

From Eurocharged
"James,

The 2012+ C300/C350 share the same engine, and hence would get the same end power post tune. You would have to go to our Houston or Toronto location, or ship the ecu to get the tune performed.

Hope that helps.

Jake Pedersen

Eurocharged Performance
http://www.eurocharged.com/
(713) 462-1600 - Office
jake@eurocharged.com"

TheRulesLawyer 02-25-2015 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by xjaymzzx (Post 6343352)
Eurocharged is giving a similiar tune with the same HP result (up to 330 Hp) at $600!

From Eurocharged
"James,

The 2012+ C300/C350 share the same engine, and hence would get the same end power post tune. You would have to go to our Houston or Toronto location, or ship the ecu to get the tune performed.

No offense, but prove it. Its all just words until someone has a dyno sheet or at least timeslips.

xjaymzzx 02-25-2015 04:57 PM

Supposedly it'll be provided in the future by the guy getting a kleemann tune. So if its proven, if kleeman can do it, eurocharged can do it.

FFM 02-25-2015 05:31 PM

Precisely. One guinea pig and if the results are positive I think tunes for the 3.5L C300's are going to be flying off the shelves.

scuba357 02-25-2015 05:50 PM

where was the euro tune last week. I'm shipping mine to Kleeman this weekend, but it will cost almost double. that sucks. ps i need a front lip, any recommendations

FFM 02-25-2015 08:01 PM

I don't think there's many options for lips and I'm not a huge fan of the roundish styled one everyone has.

Either way better make a thread. Probably not the best spot haha.

On topic however I just saw Eurotunes post today however had heard of them prior.

Schlitter 02-26-2015 01:50 AM

I guess at this point, what I really want to know are the mechanical differences between the C300 and C350. Are there different valves? Pistons? Driveshafts? Stronger transmission? I am very concerned that Mercedes used the same engine, but lower-strength parts on the C300 to save money overall. If this is the case, tuning the engine for nearly 80 more horsepower could put too much stress on the components

FFM 02-26-2015 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Schlitter (Post 6343997)
I guess at this point, what I really want to know are the mechanical differences between the C300 and C350. Are there different valves? Pistons? Driveshafts? Stronger transmission? I am very concerned that Mercedes used the same engine, but lower-strength parts on the C300 to save money overall. If this is the case, tuning the engine for nearly 80 more horsepower could put too much stress on the components

My guess would be that they wouldn't do that. The money savings, would be in that they don't have to manufacture different parts. There wouldn't be any cost savings by making the same engine with weaker internals in one than the other.

The optimal solution is to have a plant producing an engine for multiple platforms that can be altered with simple software. Which appears to be the case pending results :y

Schlitter 02-26-2015 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by FFM (Post 6344182)
My guess would be that they wouldn't do that. The money savings, would be in that they don't have to manufacture different parts. There wouldn't be any cost savings by making the same engine with weaker internals in one than the other.

The optimal solution is to have a plant producing an engine for multiple platforms that can be altered with simple software. Which appears to be the case pending results :y

I agree. I don't want to sound like an ass, but I would like some hard evidence indicating so before I put nearly 80 HP through the components. My buddy is a mechanical engineer and designs formula cars. He was pretty concerned when I mentioned this to him

xjaymzzx 02-26-2015 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Schlitter (Post 6344458)
I agree. I don't want to sound like an ass, but I would like some hard evidence indicating so before I put nearly 80 HP through the components. My buddy is a mechanical engineer and designs formula cars. He was pretty concerned when I mentioned this to him

nobody is forcing you to get a tune. if you don't feel comfortable, it's not mandatory. it already took years for someone to get a simple dyno for the tune, it's going to be difficult for someone to compare all the components of the c350 and c300. Unless somebody from MB or a mechanic that specializes in MBs shines in. :nix:

xjaymzzx 02-26-2015 01:03 PM

I mean i don't really push my car alot (rarely go over 3k Rpm), so i can really hold off on the tune until we get the proof. not really a big deal.

FFM 02-26-2015 01:56 PM

Meh, I may be biased but used to turbocharge Hondas putting out 400% power gains on stock engines with years of track abuse.

Would hope a modern MB engine can handle a 25% power increase. Besides the fact if the C350 engines are identical then really you are only taxing the engine a small % passed it's factory rating.

loungn14 02-26-2015 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by TheRulesLawyer (Post 6343440)
No offense, but prove it. Its all just words until someone has a dyno sheet or at least timeslips.

I can try and get a local customer in and do a dyno for ya

Originally Posted by FFM (Post 6343516)
Precisely. One guinea pig and if the results are positive I think tunes for the 3.5L C300's are going to be flying off the shelves.

lol, I didn't realize you guys were craving power that bad!

Hum, maybe a group buy is in the works

Originally Posted by scuba357 (Post 6343536)
where was the euro tune last week. I'm shipping mine to Kleeman this weekend, but it will cost almost double. that sucks. ps i need a front lip, any recommendations

we have been around the forums for probably 6 years now

Originally Posted by FFM (Post 6344182)

I think of it the same way as the C63/E63 Same engine/ecu but for some reason the C63 is rated much lower, go figure. But, once tuned they have the same output

Originally Posted by FFM (Post 6343708)
I don't think there's many options for lips and I'm not a huge fan of the roundish styled one everyone has.

Either way better make a thread. Probably not the best spot haha.

On topic however I just saw Eurotunes post today however had heard of them prior.

You should venture out of the W204 forum more! We are probably one of the biggest tuners on the board here and tune for some of the biggest names in the industry (underground racing for one) We have over 8000 cars tuned to date.

We don't spend a lot of time in the W204 non amg section, we probably should a bit more! Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

xjaymzzx 02-26-2015 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by loungn14 (Post 6344623)
I can try and get a local customer in and do a dyno for ya

lol, I didn't realize you guys were craving power that bad!

Hum, maybe a group buy is in the works

we have been around the forums for probably 6 years now

I think of it the same way as the C63/E63 Same engine/ecu but for some reason the C63 is rated much lower, go figure. But, once tuned they have the same output

You should venture out of the W204 forum more! We are probably one of the biggest tuners on the board here and tune for some of the biggest names in the industry (underground racing for one) We have over 8000 cars tuned to date.

We don't spend a lot of time in the W204 non amg section, we probably should a bit more! Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Give us a dyno sheet! and a group buy will be easy to set up. :bow: i'm already planning on getting a tune from you guys. putting the cash in order and the days without a daily driver in order.

loungn14 02-26-2015 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by xjaymzzx (Post 6344641)
Give us a dyno sheet! and a group buy will be easy to set up. :bow: i'm already planning on getting a tune from you guys. putting the cash in order and the days without a daily driver in order.

sure no sweat. What exact car do you want to see? We can easily get one in at one of our locations and do before/after. Might take a day or two (or 4 for houston as we are having the new dyno installed now)

xjaymzzx 02-26-2015 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by loungn14 (Post 6344643)
sure no sweat. What exact car do you want to see? We can easily get one in at one of our locations and do before/after. Might take a day or two (or 4 for houston as we are having the new dyno installed now)

A 2013+ c300 4matic sport 3.5L v6
Plz and thanks :)

loungn14 02-26-2015 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Schlitter (Post 6344458)

this help?

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/06/11/2...tuned-3-5l-v6/

TheRulesLawyer 02-26-2015 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by xjaymzzx (Post 6344710)
A 2013+ c300 4matic sport 3.5L v6
Plz and thanks :)

This is the one you should test. I'll just assume the c350 has similar results and there are a lot less of us.

JaredP 02-26-2015 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by loungn14 (Post 6344788)

That article says nothing about the internal components.

scuba357 02-28-2015 05:53 PM

OK, so i am probably the least computer literate guy on here. If i send my pre ecu tune results to someone, can they figure out how to post them here? I will also have post ecu tune done weds next week.

FFM 02-28-2015 07:24 PM

There should be an attachment option in which you can post a pic of your dyno results :)

scuba357 03-01-2015 01:20 AM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...dd824e585f.jpg

243 and 253 hp with about 12% lost before it hits the tires on the 4matic

xjaymzzx 03-01-2015 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by scuba357 (Post 6347784)
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...dd824e585f.jpg

Is your name steve? Can i call u scuba steve?:rolf:

TheRulesLawyer 03-02-2015 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by scuba357 (Post 6342377)
OK it has been done. I took my stock 2013 c300 to the AWD DYNO and ran a baseline. Cory will be getting my ECU next week and i will post before and after test results for the tune. This should put an end to all the back and forth. Im hoping the test shows it blows the horse power up.
ps. baseline showed 253.7hp at engine 220.6 at the wheels

Originally Posted by scuba357 (Post 6347784)

What an odd power curve with the bump just before redline. This is the before dyno, right?

scuba357 03-03-2015 09:29 PM

I got my ECU back today. It took about a 36Hr turn around time from when i dropped it off for FedEx. That alone is awesome. I got home found the box on my porch. and plugged it in. That takes all of about 2 mins. Seriously easy to do. I started the car and started it. Took it easy around the neighborhood and then went ahead, and as gladiator so eloquently put it. "release Hell". MAN. If any one was wondering if this tune is worth it stop. go to the wife and get permission. or do it and get forgiveness. This will be the best thing you ever buy for your car. It makes it a different vehicle. I liked the way it drove in Sport mode before. I love the way it drives now. Ive heard people say they can feel the difference a K&N filter makes. Wait till you run this tune. NO LAG! no wondering if the car will make the gap I'm shooting in traffic. I will go get it tuned this week. but i don't care what the numbers say, my butt dyno is HAPPY. shout out to CORY who took care of me, answered ALL my questions and made sure i didn't go with out my car when i needed it. AWESOME COMPANY.