Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
Regarding My C300 Trunk Spoiler >

Regarding My C300 Trunk Spoiler

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Regarding My C300 Trunk Spoiler

 
Old 10-08-2013, 07:38 PM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Ninja_C300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: So Cal
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
Regarding My C300 Trunk Spoiler

Hello everyone I just got my MB 2010 C300 Sport Sedan(Arctic White) few months ago... And I just got into the modding phase. I currently ordered a CF trunk spoiler ( Mercedes Benz Vorsteiner Style CF Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler For W204)and most of my friends are bashing on me about how it doesn't need a CF performance look due to being a European Luxury car... So basically making me have second thoughts on my purchase. CF is usually used for performance racing and all but I really like the look. What would you guys think if you saw that on a MB C300?

Last edited by Ninja_C300; 02-27-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Ninja_C300 is offline  
Old 10-08-2013, 07:54 PM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
xXHotelCrazyXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: five oh two
Posts: 1,882
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 W204 Sport
I think that it is your car and do as you wish. Carbon fiber has now been accepted for its looks aside from it's weight saving properties and durability.
xXHotelCrazyXx is offline  
Old 10-08-2013, 08:17 PM
  #3  
Super Member
 
black lavender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 533
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R8, C63, C300
Coming from the VW and BMW world, Carbon Fiber is frowned upon in both communities, minus a few exceptions.
Looking at the Mercedes forums and currently owning a c300, it seems everyone loves carbon fiber.
black lavender is offline  
Old 10-08-2013, 08:33 PM
  #4  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Ninja_C300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: So Cal
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
Thanks for your input you guys, this really lightened a lot of weight off my chest. Since I plan to make my car only for show and not for really any performance gains. I was worried the CF would be too much and get bashed on by everyone I meet and so on...
Ninja_C300 is offline  
Old 10-08-2013, 10:25 PM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
xXHotelCrazyXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: five oh two
Posts: 1,882
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 W204 Sport
I have a CF diffuser, front lip, and CF mirror over lays, you can tell your friends to stick it.



xXHotelCrazyXx is offline  
Old 08-08-2014, 09:04 PM
  #6  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes
Carbon fiber looks beautiful on the benz... dont mind your friends
c350benz9 is offline  
Old 08-08-2014, 09:18 PM
  #7  
Super Member
 
w204_Generic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 880
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by Ninja_C300 View Post
Hello everyone I just got my MB 2010 C300 Sport Sedan(Arctic White) few months ago... And I just got into the modding phase. I currently ordered a CF trunk spoiler ( Mercedes Benz Vorsteiner Style CF Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler For W204)and most of my friends are bashing on me about how it doesn't need a CF performance look due to being a European Luxury car... So basically making me have second thoughts on my purchase. CF is usually used for performance racing and all but I really like the look. What would you guys think if you saw that on a MB C300?
In other words, they are jealous you have a mercedes and they do not I love when people make in fun of what other people do.
Who cares what other people think. Confidence is the key in life.
Don't let others opinions affect yours.
Do as you please.

If they say it's a "luxury" car and what you added is stupid, just respond "I'm turning a luxury car into a luxury-sports car."

Last edited by w204_Generic; 08-09-2014 at 11:44 AM.
w204_Generic is offline  
Old 08-09-2014, 01:03 AM
  #8  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 147
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Mercedes C350
I just purchased a carbon fiber spoiler for my white C350 last week. Im probably installing it today. After that i will probably do a CF diffusor and dual tip exhaust. Then ill do a front lip. Then i might finish it off with a roof spoiler. Screw your friends. Its your car. Do what you like.

I really felt the itch to mod my C class after 8 months of ownership and since its far too expensive and not worth it to mod it performancewise i decided to mod how it looks. You may as well have fun with it right?


Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx View Post
I have a CF diffuser, front lip, and CF mirror over lays, you can tell your friends to stick it.


Can I ask where you got your diffusor and how the fitment was? I wasn't sure if I wanted a diffusor with wide cutouts as I didn't really care for the AMG quad tip look, but the ones with the narrower cutouts are hard to find.

Last edited by ||||||||||; 08-09-2014 at 01:16 AM.
|||||||||| is offline  
Old 08-09-2014, 07:42 AM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
xXHotelCrazyXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: five oh two
Posts: 1,882
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 W204 Sport
Originally Posted by |||||||||| View Post
I just purchased a carbon fiber spoiler for my white C350 last week. Im probably installing it today. After that i will probably do a CF diffusor and dual tip exhaust. Then ill do a front lip. Then i might finish it off with a roof spoiler. Screw your friends. Its your car. Do what you like.

I really felt the itch to mod my C class after 8 months of ownership and since its far too expensive and not worth it to mod it performancewise i decided to mod how it looks. You may as well have fun with it right?





Can I ask where you got your diffusor and how the fitment was? I wasn't sure if I wanted a diffusor with wide cutouts as I didn't really care for the AMG quad tip look, but the ones with the narrower cutouts are hard to find.
http://www.euroteckmotorsports.com/i...geid=37&id=856
xXHotelCrazyXx is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Regarding My C300 Trunk Spoiler


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: