MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Who killed the music????? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/522672-who-killed-music.html)

1ABAJA 12-03-2013 11:32 AM

Who killed the music?????

I called Mercedes Benz and they say "No"....but, I would rather accept an answer from someone whose passion is MB than someone who is a call center rep...not to say the two never meet, it has just been my experience that "hired hands" know less than actual drivers. Drivers being defined as owners who have a relationship with their vehicle.

The question....

We have all had this happen before, we get to out destination and before we shut the car off, or open the door, a good song comes on that we want to hear uninterrupted, yet we still have to get out of the car, unload stuff, etc....

Is there anyway to pull the key out, open whatever door we want and still have the radio play without skipping a beat?

What we have to do is pull the key out, open the door, hit the power button on the radio, then go about loading up....leaving about a 10 second interruption...and on a good song, this is unacceptable! :)

How can we circumvent this?

Thanks,

Josh! :)

BenzManNy 12-03-2013 02:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok here is what I just did just now. Came home and parked and closed the radio door. Turned off the car and the radio turned off itself. Pulled the key. Waited like 10 seconds, pushed the button to open the display and the radio came on. I have the keys in my hand and as you can see the radio is playing without a key in the ignition. It worked for me. See attached pic. Radio is on, ignition clear and the key fob next to the screen.

****I wonder for how long will the radio stay on draining the battery. ****

Samaral 12-03-2013 10:59 PM

Why don't just leave the keys on the ignition while you unload? When the music finishes, take it off and lock the car.:nix:

NewtwoMB 12-04-2013 07:13 AM

Radio without key

The radio/DVD/Multimedia system will play for a few minutes without the key in the ignition (after having pressed the on/off button as above) but there will soon be a message on the screen advising that its shutting down unless you start the vehicle. :zoom:

BenzManNy 12-04-2013 07:24 AM

That's cool I am going to try to replicate this on my Non-DVD multimedia system today.

1ABAJA 12-04-2013 12:04 PM

Sirius Classic Vinyl

It's a really simple question I expected a moderator to answer rather quickly...

The relationship between an owner and his car is unique...especially a Benz. I did expect more from this forum in terms of answers like I have had with other vehicle forums like the USMB where members are aware of every aspect of their car or seeking to know and are eager to help....perhaps I am on the wrong forum.

I will try again....

If I pull up to my house and a really good song starts, I want to be able to pull the key out, open my door and have the music not be interrupted while I get out of the vehicle, unload my laptop and gear, close all the doors, lock the car, and walk away listening to the song...the closest to this is hitting the power button after the radio shuts off....four seconds of silence! :(

FYI, when you re-approach your vehicle and the radio is still on, you can unlock your car, enter the vehicle, insert the key, start the car, and have zero music interruptions, the volume doesn't even waiver....this I like. Why can't it work both ways?

Mercedes Owner and Driver...my car is not just a car.

Samaral 12-04-2013 12:14 PM

[QUOTE=1ABAJA;5864199]It's a really simple question I expected a moderator to answer rather quickly...

The relationship between an owner and his car is unique...especially a Benz. I did expect more from this forum in terms of answers like I have had with other vehicle forums like the USMB where members are aware of every aspect of their car or seeking to know and are eager to help....perhaps I am on the wrong forum.

With this kind of attitude it is better that you go to a dealer or read the manual. Nobody here works for you!!! End of story.

BenzManNy 12-04-2013 03:39 PM

I have to agree with you. Blacklisted on my book. Will not answer any other stupid question from this dude. Maybe he should pay the VIP Membership and have a dedicated Moderator answer his dumb questions.

1ABAJA 12-04-2013 06:12 PM

Blacklisted...

Sorry for appearing to have an attitude. Like I said, I may be on the wrong forum, nothing against anyone. Some people like the local tavern, some people like a pub, and some prefer to Thorogood....so, before a "brawl" starts, I will kindly take my question elsewhere.

I am sorry no one could answer my question....regardless of my status, I will post what I find out for the consensus 411...

Gracias Benz Brethren,

Drazil 12-05-2013 12:21 PM

The better question is, on what car does it *not* shut off when the key is removed from the ignition? I have yet to encounter one. Why does OP expect the w204 to act any differently than every other (unmodified) car on the planet? On every car that I've driven, if you turn the engine off but leave the key inside the ignition the radio continues to play. AFAIK that's about as close as you're going to get to what you're looking for.

I don't know if there are (m)any others out there who would even think of that scenario (of being upset the radio turns off when removing the key and then having to turn it back on)... I don't even remember the last time I even listened to the radio, so if a song happens to come on that I like, I re-queue it...

One thing though, keyless go might be able to do what OP wants. On one of my old Honda's, I had a remote starter installed, and I could press one of the buttons to keep the engine running while removing the key and it would shutdown automatically after 15 mins, or I could shut it down using the remote.

acr2001 12-05-2013 02:53 PM

This question is absurd. You can't do it without modifying the vehicle in a way that would be completely crazy for such a silly thing. Your attitude makes it seem like you might have a disorder.

edgalang 12-05-2013 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Drazil (Post 5865392)
One thing though, keyless go might be able to do what OP wants.

I have keyless Go...and no, it does NOT function the way the OP wants it to. The workaround would be to press the button AGAIN before opening the door. This way, the radio would function WITHOUT interruption, but requires 1 additional button push (which is equivalent to leaving your keys in the ignition).

I can only assume the OP wanted this function because he requires his keys to open a manual lock on a gate of some sort? Then perhaps drive through it, but NOT want 2 separate key chains? :nix:

Drazil 12-05-2013 04:40 PM

The extra button push is to tell the car to remain on while already running? That would be similar to the aftermarket autostarter I had. It was a function to allow the car to remain running while you exit the vehicle for a short period, but have the key with you so nobody could drive away with your car.

Or in OP's case, so he can stand outside the car while listening to the rest of a song. I don't understand why he can't remain inside the car until the end of the song, but whatevs...:nix:

Originally Posted by edgalang (Post 5865699)
I have keyless Go...and no, it does NOT function the way the OP wants it to. The workaround would be to press the button AGAIN before opening the door. This way, the radio would function WITHOUT interruption, but requires 1 additional button push (which is equivalent to leaving your keys in the ignition).

I can only assume the OP wanted this function because he requires his keys to open a manual lock on a gate of some sort? Then perhaps drive through it, but NOT want 2 separate key chains? :nix:

BenzManNy 12-05-2013 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Drazil (Post 5865707)
why he can't remain inside the car until the end of the song, but whatevs...:nix:

Cus he is a dork with an attitude.
:eek: