MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Ordering some 20' Vossen CV3's (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/525153-ordering-some-20-vossen-cv3s.html)

davidwingateltd 12-25-2013 07:52 AM

Ordering some 20' Vossen CV3's

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif
I drive a 2010 Mercedes c300 4-matic. I am looking at a set of 20 inch vossen cv3s which i will purchase immediately once my questions are answered.

Im lost on which offset would look best of my car. can you give me the pros and cons for the avail offsets for my vehicle? I want it to be aggressive and stand out without major problems.

ps, any advice on tire size, i want it to look as flush(close) as possible to the fender lining, without issue.

:: Total rookie in these parts. Been an import man all my life and finally got a good job so i went with the c300

Sportstick 12-25-2013 09:46 AM

I'm sorry I don't have the specific answer you want, but I would never deal with wheels and tires that size. Other than looks (and just for those who like that look), they deteriorate almost every other dynamic aspect of the car....ride, acceleration, braking. But, if you are determined, just be sure you are in an area with really well maintained roads. If you go over a nickle, you will be able to tell if it's heads or tails. And, it won't take much to bend them. My son thought 19s were cool for his car, and couldn't avoid a pothole last Saturday. Two wheels on the right were bent, and a spoke partially collapsed, as there is essentially no tire sidewall available to absorb any of the impact. He learned the lesson, gave up, and is back to 17" with the new wheels he just had to buy.

Just a word of experience.....Good luck and Happy New Year!! :D

tonyteetime 12-25-2013 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sportstick (Post 5885873)
I'm sorry I don't have the specific answer you want, but I would never deal with wheels and tires that size. Other than looks (and just for those who like that look), they deteriorate almost every other dynamic aspect of the car....ride, acceleration, braking. But, if you are determined, just be sure you are in an area with really well maintained roads. If you go over a nickle, you will be able to tell if it's heads or tails. And, it won't take much to bend them. My son thought 19s were cool for his car, and couldn't avoid a pothole last Saturday. Two wheels on the right were bent, and a spoke partially collapsed, as there is essentially no tire sidewall available to absorb any of the impact. He learned the lesson, gave up, and is back to 17" with the new wheels he just had to buy.

+1 Solid advice. If you want to upgrade , 18 inch would be better as you will have more side wall in your tires to absorb potholes contact at high speed.

MBSebas87 12-25-2013 12:45 PM

+1

xXHotelCrazyXx 12-26-2013 11:53 AM

The good thing about Vossen wheels, is that they are aluminum. I have 20" CV2's on my W204 and I noticed little to no rotation weight added to the vehicle when taking off or braking. As far as ride quality goes, it gets a little stiffer due to the lower series sidewall tires that you will be running, but that is to be expected with any larger aftermarket wheel. Vossen makes some of the best aftermarket wheels out there and they look great! I love mine! Their customer service is like no other, they are one of the very few companies out there that know what it means when it comes to taking care of their customers needs. If you have any questions, you can message Mike@Vossen on here, and he can answer any questions you may have. You are going to love those CV3's!

xaran 12-26-2013 12:36 PM

+1, but it is your car and you should do what makes you happy with it. Just be advised up front that the ride quality and performance may suffer.

On my car I made the change to 18" TSW (factory sizes wheel and tire) and overall I found a difference in the ride quality over my stock 17". The car is a little more harsh over small bumps and cracks as well as just a overall feeling of not as quiet and soft. It did give a more connected feel though and a more sporty feel.

Post some pictures when your done

Mike@Vossen 12-26-2013 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by davidwingateltd (Post 5885832)
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif
I drive a 2010 Mercedes c300 4-matic. I am looking at a set of 20 inch vossen cv3s which i will purchase immediately once my questions are answered.

Im lost on which offset would look best of my car. can you give me the pros and cons for the avail offsets for my vehicle? I want it to be aggressive and stand out without major problems.

ps, any advice on tire size, i want it to look as flush(close) as possible to the fender lining, without issue.

:: Total rookie in these parts. Been an import man all my life and finally got a good job so i went with the c300

First congrats on the C300! Our wheels are hub-centric for Mercedes and they are an upgrade from factory wheels. We also have a warranty we stand behind.

http://www.vossenwheels.com/Warranty/

Email us at info@vossenwheels.com and we can recommend the proper setup and an authorized dealer!

Frankie's car :)
http://www.vossenwheels.com/gallery/...VVSCV3_043.jpg

Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx (Post 5886537)
The good thing about Vossen wheels, is that they are aluminum. I have 20" CV2's on my W204 and I noticed little to no rotation weight added to the vehicle when taking off or braking. As far as ride quality goes, it gets a little stiffer due to the lower series sidewall tires that you will be running, but that is to be expected with any larger aftermarket wheel. Vossen makes some of the best aftermarket wheels out there and they look great! I love mine! Their customer service is like no other, they are one of the very few companies out there that know what it means when it comes to taking care of their customers needs. If you have any questions, you can message Mike@Vossen on here, and he can answer any questions you may have. You are going to love those CV3's!

Thanks! As stated many Mercedes Owners on this forum alone have upgraded to our 20" Wheels with no issues and prefer not just the look but the handling and even ride and performance.

Sportstick 12-26-2013 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen (Post 5886579)
As stated many Mercedes Owners on this forum alone have upgraded to our 20" Wheels with no issues and prefer not just the look but the handling and even ride and performance.

Just to clarify....my original response in no way cast any aspersions on Vossen. I have no experience, but by all accounts they are a producer of high quality products with good service. My comments were generic to 20" wheel sizes. However, the credibility of the above statement does come into question when one asserts that "many Mercedes Owners on this forum....prefer....even ride" (excerpts for intent, but the original is above.). They may accept the ride, but "prefer" is wholly usupportable. If one accepts the dynamic change to the car for the sake of the appearance, so be it, but let's not go beyond reason. Cognitive dissonance can only carry us so far.

Mike@Vossen 12-26-2013 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sportstick (Post 5886611)
Just to clarify....my original response in no way cast any aspersions on Vossen. I have no experience, but by all accounts they are a producer of high quality products with good service. My comments were generic to 20" wheel sizes. However, the credibility of the above statement does come into question when one asserts that "many Mercedes Owners on this forum....prefer....even ride" (excerpts for intent, but the original is above.). They may accept the ride, but "prefer" is wholly usupportable. If one accepts the dynamic change to the car for the sake of the appearance, so be it, but let's not go beyond reason. Cognitive dissonance can only carry us so far.

Oh no offense taken, there are many who prefer not to go to 20" wheels and its totally understandable.

As for many "prefer" the ride etc it is in regards to the more planted feel of the car which one might gravitate toward compared to a 17" or 18" setup with a comfier ride due to a fatter tire sidewall. My intention was not to state that there are only positives to going with a larger wheel/tire with no negatives.

Different strokes for Different Folks!:)

pacointhehouse 02-16-2014 07:10 PM

Hello Mike!

I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on some CV3s for my 2011 C300 which has the same color as "Frankie's Car".

The Vossen YouTube video featuring the c300 wearing the CV3 stated they were 19".

Would you be kind enough to give me the exact specs on the rims so that I can purchase the right package.

Also, my C300 comes with the standard 2011 alloy wheels.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen (Post 5886579)
First congrats on the C300! Our wheels are hub-centric for Mercedes and they are an upgrade from factory wheels. We also have a warranty we stand behind. http://www.vossenwheels.com/Warranty/ Email us at info@vossenwheels.com and we can recommend the proper setup and an authorized dealer! Frankie's car :) Thanks! As stated many Mercedes Owners on this forum alone have upgraded to our 20" Wheels with no issues and prefer not just the look but the handling and even ride and performance.

tahoe2232 02-16-2014 10:17 PM

I have the 19" cv3 on my 2013 c300 4matic and I love them 19x8.5 in the front and 19x10 in the rear

jluang 02-17-2014 04:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
19's rides same as 18's to me. Not sure if it's the weight of the cv3. But still smooth.