MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Rear Sunshade Will Not Deploy (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/529962-rear-sunshade-will-not-deploy.html)

JohnnyC300 02-05-2014 02:34 AM

Rear Sunshade Will Not Deploy

My rear sunshade is stuck in the down position. Pressing the button yields no results, no noise, nothing but silence.

Checked the fuse diagram and it seems that the fuse which controls the sunshade also controls several other vitals which are all functioning so I don't think it's the fuse but should I check despite this (it's in the more annoying fuse box)

Anyone know if this is a dead motor, or a switch / issue with the button? I get the feeling it is a costly fix.

Searched the forum and Google only found basic information for older w203, w202 models.

Anyone who has had their sunshade serviced, or has an idea what my issue may be please help.

aamirani 02-05-2014 01:40 PM

That happened to mine. I just kind of wiggled it a bit as my friend kept hitting the button and then it just started working again

JohnnyC300 02-05-2014 02:02 PM

When yours was not working was it dead silent? Mine makes no sounds not sure if it should be though, like as if it were attempting to open.

BrandonBenson 02-05-2014 09:16 PM

I'm curious about this too since mine stopped working last fall. I've only tried wiggling it, then going up to push the button. It is silent also, so I'm not sure if the motor is fried or if its just stuck. I have an extended warranty though The Warranty Group, but have been told it probably won't be covered.

JohnnyC300 02-07-2014 02:21 AM

Bump any updates guys? I wonder if the stealership will assess the problem for me without charging.

Hekkie Smith 08-03-2015 01:25 PM

Johnny, what happened with your sunshade?

JohnnyC300 08-05-2015 09:34 AM

Hi, I forgot to reply, thank you for asking.

I fixed it! I had a friend press the deploy button and gently tugged on it simultaneously. After a few try it deployed and has consistently been working for over a year now!

Hekkie Smith 08-05-2015 11:35 AM

Johnny, watta I noticed that the rear shun shade is connected to the rear Sam and when the sun shade is broken it'd affect other parts like reverse lights, parctronic system, mirrors memory and 3 to 5 things else.
My rear sun shade isn't working now, now I'm wondering who can help me with solve my war with W211.
Do you think that the key switch is damaged ? Or another parts are falling apart?

Please help!
And I posted that but only 1 reply.

aamirani 08-05-2015 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyC300 (Post 6517630)
Hi, I forgot to reply, thank you for asking.

I fixed it! I had a friend press the deploy button and gently tugged on it simultaneously. After a few try it deployed and has consistently been working for over a year now!

Aha! I told you!

JohnnyC300 08-05-2015 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Hekkie Smith (Post 6517780)
Johnny, watta I noticed that the rear shun shade is connected to the rear Sam and when the sun shade is broken it'd affect other parts like reverse lights, parctronic system, mirrors memory and 3 to 5 things else.
My rear sun shade isn't working now, now I'm wondering who can help me with solve my war with W211.
Do you think that the key switch is damaged ? Or another parts are falling apart?

Please help!
And I posted that but only 1 reply.

I have no idea about the relation to the SAM you speak of. When I hit the switch it was silent so I thought the switch was broken, or that the deploy motor in the shade was broken. What I found was gently tugging on it fixed it. The shade is just whisper silent!

Hekkie Smith 08-06-2015 01:12 AM

I'll try it today then ima tell you

Hekkie Smith 08-06-2015 01:08 PM

It didn't work ����

JohnnyC300 08-06-2015 01:47 PM

Sorry man, I would say go about it at the stealership. I think I asked once and they implied it's expensive. I believe I may have read $1200 on this forum but do not be discouraged and do a search. I bet an indie with an auto electrician can do it for $100.

Hekkie Smith 08-06-2015 02:17 PM

Johnny thanks for your concerns, My sun shade is stuck up not down
And I'm asking about the sun shade because some stealerships said that it's the main reason of all the malfunctions

craiger13 06-08-2016 01:27 PM

Rear sunshade will not deploy

I tried to deploy my sun shade just morning, and it did not work however after pulling over and cutting down the radio I was able to hear a click when I pressed the button. any clues of what I can do to get it working because I do not hear anything except when I press the button

Hekkie Smith 06-08-2016 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by craiger13 (Post 6826987)
I tried to deploy my sun shade just morning, and it did not work however after pulling over and cutting down the radio I was able to hear a click when I pressed the button. any clues of what I can do to get it working because I do not hear anything except when I press the button

Hey
Check fuses
Check the motor
Check the rear Sam
(Make sure that you don't have any other problems)
Does it rain too much in you place ?
Try to hit with your bunch it from the trunk
Check the car with c4 or c5 star
Best wishes
I had it before though:slap:

LandSeaAir 06-08-2016 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Hekkie Smith (Post 6827368)
Hey
Check fuses
Check the motor
Check the rear Sam
(Make sure that you don't have any other problems)
Does it rain too much in you place ?
Try to hit with your bunch it from the trunk
Check the car with c4 or c5 star
Best wishes
I had it before though:slap:

It would be the front SAM which may be the issue, but likely not because the other components on the fuse are working.

Hekkie Smith 06-08-2016 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by LandSeaAir (Post 6827379)
It would be the front SAM which may be the issue, but likely not because the other components on the fuse are working.

The rear Sam controls the rear sunshade

Sometimes it gets stick by itself just try to hit the motor from the trunk

Hekkie Smith 06-08-2016 07:33 PM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...4741a8297.jpeg

Originally Posted by Hekkie Smith (Post 6827426)
The rear Sam controls the rear sunshade

Sometimes it gets stick by itself just try to hit the motor from the trunk

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...286e91f42.jpeg

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...9c7bccba9.jpeg

Hekkie Smith 06-08-2016 07:36 PM

Look if you hear a click sound when you hit the sunshade button this means the motor is working
So you need to check the track of the sunshade
That's it
Best

PooYa 08-04-2019 05:05 PM

This just happened to me rn. Do I need to keep pressing immediately the button while tugging the sunshade?

timlippold 08-04-2019 09:15 PM

Mine stopped working at least 2 years ago. No noise. I'll have to try to pull method.

JettaRed 08-15-2019 09:18 AM

Well, thanks to the suggestions here, I pulled up (moderately) on the shade while another person pushed the button. It now works consistently! ��

AN89AG 08-27-2019 11:00 PM

I would like to add my 2¢. My new to me 2007 CL600 had a non-functioning rear sunshade (note "had"). I heard a very quiet "click" when I hit the FAVORITE button, so I figured it wanted to work. I had my wife hit the FAVORITE button while I pulled on the middle of the shade. After a couple of tries, EUREKA! Getting a purchase point was a little tough, though. I pushed on the plastic above the shade just enough to get a finger-hold, and that was just enough of a bite to get the job done.

Thanks to everyone who puts these random hints and tidbits on these forums!

John

tai rahmaad 03-06-2021 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by aamirani (Post 5931875)
That happened to mine. I just kind of wiggled it a bit as my friend kept hitting the button and then it just started working again

bro until today I didn't know what that button was for at all! I hit mine and heard the motor running but it was stuck. I grabbed a small pole so I could hit the button and tug on my sun shade... And after like 8 tries it engaged and works great! Thanks guys for the info.... Had my car for years and never used it because I have tint...