C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-29-2015, 03:54 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

new LED Projector Headlight Pair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 09:58 AM
Doa
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by tejgambhir
Has anyone with a Right Hand Drive installed these lights? I'm in Australia and love the look. Just worried if they'd work.
you must modify the projector.
i bought headlights from australia and i had to change them for left hand drive.
it was the only nice headlights i found where you had no freaking eyebrow lights that break down every few months but a nice C shaped LED and a LED strip
Old 04-02-2015, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG and 2002 Ford Explorer Sport
OMG!!! I have only had my C63 less than a week, and I noticed how crappy the low beams were on the drive home when I picked it up. I really wanted to do something like this, but there are 24-25 pages of nothing but problems everybody is having with these new headlamp assemblies. I'm really considering just staying with the halogens for now.

Does anyone know why there are so many issues with the new assemblies? Are the problems the same with either manufacturer? I do really like the beams from the photos I have seen members post, but wonder if all of the hassles are worth it. Can someone elaborate?

I am kind of looking to keep this car for about a year and then upgrade to the C63 S, or maybe a pre-owned 507. Again I really do like the look of the projectors, and you guys are all doing a ton of work to make it easier for the guys who are considering this modification. I applaud all of you for going through all of the crap to make things work properly. I myself hate it when you spend that kind of money and the product doesn't work. Who do the majority of you recommend me buying these from if I make the choice to divvy down the casholas? Thanks again for the hard work.

So as a temporary fix, does anyone have any suggestions on a good halogen replacement bulb for the low beams just until I make the decision to invest in these?

Cheers to all
Old 04-02-2015, 02:54 PM
Doa
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts
W205
a C63 with halogen lamps? thats a new one.
over here AMG's always come stock with xenon.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:04 PM

2014 C300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Huchimo01
OMG!!! I have only had my C63 less than a week, and I noticed how crappy the low beams were on the drive home when I picked it up. I really wanted to do something like this, but there are 24-25 pages of nothing but problems everybody is having with these new headlamp assemblies. I'm really considering just staying with the halogens for now.

Does anyone know why there are so many issues with the new assemblies? Are the problems the same with either manufacturer? I do really like the beams from the photos I have seen members post, but wonder if all of the hassles are worth it. Can someone elaborate?

I am kind of looking to keep this car for about a year and then upgrade to the C63 S, or maybe a pre-owned 507. Again I really do like the look of the projectors, and you guys are all doing a ton of work to make it easier for the guys who are considering this modification. I applaud all of you for going through all of the crap to make things work properly. I myself hate it when you spend that kind of money and the product doesn't work. Who do the majority of you recommend me buying these from if I make the choice to divvy down the casholas? Thanks again for the hard work.

So as a temporary fix, does anyone have any suggestions on a good halogen replacement bulb for the low beams just until I make the decision to invest in these?

Cheers to all
Out of the several dozen that purchased the new shipment, I think only a few have reported problems. Mine have worked fine for 6 months now
Old 04-02-2015, 06:51 PM

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts
86 Targa, 91 560SEL, 06 E55 Estate, 13 C2S, 21 MACAN GTS, 05 R6 Track, 15 R3 RACE BIKE
Originally Posted by Doa
a C63 with halogen lamps? thats a new one.
over here AMG's always come stock with xenon.
I beg to differ. Mine did not. 2013 with out a lighting package. Apparently it was common back then.

I replaced the halogen with the depo projectors. DIY right up here
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ml#post6376903
Old 04-03-2015, 07:29 PM

To Silversun262,

Nice write-up. You mentioned you picked the lights up. Would they sell the lights if I were to place an order, or do I have to go through a dealer? I'd like to discuss the lights with the folks myself before plopping down the duckets. I have also heard that this seller FISHCAKE321 on Ebay is reasonable and is knowledgeable as well. Has anyone purchased from him lately? I will seriously consider buying from him if that is the case.

Anyone with recent knowledge and insight would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Old 04-03-2015, 07:42 PM

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts
86 Targa, 91 560SEL, 06 E55 Estate, 13 C2S, 21 MACAN GTS, 05 R6 Track, 15 R3 RACE BIKE
Thanks, I got mine from Fishcake321 on ebay. They just happen to be located in Rancho Cucamonga so I was able to work a deal with them direct vs go through EBAY.

To Silversun262,

Nice write-up. You mentioned you picked the lights up. Would they sell the lights if I were to place an order, or do I have to go through a dealer? I'd like to discuss the lights with the folks myself before plopping down the duckets. I have also heard that this seller FISHCAKE321 on Ebay is reasonable and is knowledgeable as well. Has anyone purchased from him lately? I will seriously consider buying from him if that is the case.

Anyone with recent knowledge and insight would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Old 04-03-2015, 11:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 slk 32 amg, 2013 c300 4matic sport
Hmm fish cake and unique style racing is from rancho cucamungo
Old 04-04-2015, 04:33 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2014 E63 AMG S
Originally Posted by SamTheSammich
HOW IN GOD'S NAME DID YOU DO THIS? I have checked all the threads and read up on all the wiring, and cannot for the life of me figure out if this is possible to replicate.
Like I said. One click to the left on the headlight dial. Might be because my car is Canadian spec, as other have speculated.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C300 4Matic
The one bummer when hunting down a C300 was discovering that almost none of them have Xenons. I ended up settling for one that didn't have them, and figured I was stuck when I saw how much an OEM retrofit was going to cost.

Luckily I stumbled across this thread, and then read through the whole thing. I ordered a set last week from fishcake and installed them on Saturday. The install went pretty smooth, and the video posted on page 2 of this thread was amazingly helpful and spot on. They took me about 3 hours from start to finish to install.

The headlights really do look 99% OEM. They aren't perfect, but they are really close. The projector quality seems pretty good, and even with the halogen bulb in them, they are a much better headlight than the OEM halogens that were on my 2014 model.

I had picked up some Kensun's HID's in 4300 K off Amazon, but they don't fit correctly because they have some sort of extra collar that keeps them from going into the projector property. Furthermore, one of them didn't work at all, and one was going out intermittently. I would not recommend the Kensun HID kit for these lights.

I'm returning them for a different brand (
ClearView ClearView
) that I hope fits better (but didn't come in 4300 K, so I got 5,000 K). I also got them off Amazon because of the no questions asked free return policy of Prime. If these don't fit, I'll get one of the brands listed in this thread that people have confirmed fit.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:51 AM

W204/W212/W211/W209
Originally Posted by JaredP
Like I said. One click to the left on the headlight dial. Might be because my car is Canadian spec, as other have speculated.
US Spec car 2012 C300 with Depo Headlights. One click to the left on Headlight dial turns on C light, DRL & Side markers for me.

Old 04-07-2015, 07:12 PM

2013 C204

Cheers to all
After returning a faulty set from the first run, I got some of the later ones and have had no issues. They look and function so much better than the reflectors.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:27 PM

2014 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by AnotherHobby
I'm returning them for a different brand (ClearView) that I hope fits better (but didn't come in 4300 K, so I got 5,000 K). I also got them off Amazon because of the no questions asked free return policy of Prime. If these don't fit, I'll get one of the brands listed in this thread that people have confirmed fit.
The ClearView lights came from Amazon today, and they fit perfectly in the housing, verifying to me that the Kensun's definitely do NOT fit correctly. The ClearView's also have larger and quieter ballasts and nice mounting hardware that fits the car perfectly. There is a grounding bolt on each side of the engine bay near the lights that the ClearView bracket bolted up to PERFECTLY. I'm glad they are nice and solid and no zip ties!

Passenger side mount:

Driver's side mount:

And the 5,000K lights are a perfect match:

Old 04-08-2015, 06:43 PM

Nice work. I just ordered the DEPO lights from the FishMan a couple of days ago. I decided to hold off on the HID kit as I wanted to see how they look out of the box. I'm happy you like these as I will order them if that is the way I decide to go.

Thanks for the pics.

P.S. I have asked numerous times how to post images on the forum, but have had no response. Can you tell me how to do that please?

Cheers,

Howie
Old 04-08-2015, 06:50 PM

I saw this was the last set and they are on-sale so I went ahead and ordered them. Crossing of the fingers...

Cheers to AnotherHobby...
Old 04-08-2015, 06:54 PM

2014 C300 4Matic
Nice work. I just ordered the DEPO lights from the FishMan a couple of days ago. I decided to hold off on the HID kit as I wanted to see how they look out of the box. I'm happy you like these as I will order them if that is the way I decide to go.

Thanks for the pics.

P.S. I have asked numerous times how to post images on the forum, but have had no response. Can you tell me how to do that please?

Cheers,

Howie
To post pics, click on the little icon with the mountains and the sun. When you hover over the icon it'll say insert image. Click that and the rest is easy.

Here is a comparison pic I took after I did one headlight. The drivers side light is the light that came installed from fishcake, and the passenger one is the 5000k light. You'll be happy you got the xenons!

Last edited by AnotherHobby; 04-08-2015 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:32 PM

2013 C250 Sport
Going to be ordering a set of these Depo headlights soon. Just wanted to know if the best place to order them from is Unique Style Racing? Are the shutter problems fixed? And I think I will be going with the 6k hid option since that seems to be the best match to the C light and factory DRL's that they offer.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C250
USR did a pretty good job on their customer service. Chris helped me to issue the warranty replacement for the shutter issue I had previously. The issue should now be fixed on the newer batch I think.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:59 PM

C300
Man I've been gone from the forums for awhile. So from what I've read so far the first batch from USR that a lot of us bought through the group buy deal months back are a bit faulty??

My set are still sitting in the box, I was waiting on a facelift hood before installing then on the post facelift c300...

You guys think I have a bad batch?
Old 04-10-2015, 10:00 AM

Mercedes C300
Originally Posted by MinK6
US Spec car 2012 C300 with Depo Headlights. One click to the left on Headlight dial turns on C light, DRL & Side markers for me.

is there any other settings here? i tried this today and my DRLs turn off when i turn it 1 click to the left. I only get the C's and the parking lights...
Old 04-11-2015, 01:40 PM

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts
2014 CLS63 S AMG
Does anyone have pictures of the DEPO Black housing turn signal LED strip color? The picture of the product look too yellowish and no were near OEM.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:25 AM

Hey AnotherHobby,

I just got my DEPO lights in today, and was planning on installing them in the morrow, however the ClearView HID kit should be here on Monday. SHould I just wait and do it all at once or are the HID's easy enough to install after the headlamps are installed? You did it so I'm askin'.

Thanks
Old 04-12-2015, 12:29 AM

So AnotherHobby one more time. When you installed your lights, did you have any issues with removing the grille? I did a once over on it the other day and had some issues trying to remove mine, so figured I'd ask since you did yours recently. Much appreciation for the assist.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:24 AM

2014 C300 4Matic
Hey AnotherHobby,

I just got my DEPO lights in today, and was planning on installing them in the morrow, however the ClearView HID kit should be here on Monday. SHould I just wait and do it all at once or are the HID's easy enough to install after the headlamps are installed? You did it so I'm askin'.

Thanks
There was enough room for me to install the HID kit after the lights were installed. It's tight, but I have really big hands too. I had to do that since the first HID kit didn't work right, and I already had the lights in.

So AnotherHobby one more time. When you installed your lights, did you have any issues with removing the grille? I did a once over on it the other day and had some issues trying to remove mine, so figured I'd ask since you did yours recently. Much appreciation for the assist.
I didn't have any issues with removing the grill. Go to about 5:00 in the video posted on page 4 of this thread, and that's where he removes the grill:

It' doesn't show it perfectly, but basically you push in (toward the radiator) on the bottom part of the grill, and it'll pop loose.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:14 PM

Hey AnotherHobby,

I just got the Clearview HID kit today, and plan on installing them into the new DEPO headlamps tomorrow. How did you wire your HID kit? I am not much into upgrading lights, so wondered how you connected them to the new enclosures?

Thanks,

Howie

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new LED Projector Headlight Pair