MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   MEGUIARS CLAY AND ULTIMATE WAX (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/541374-meguiars-clay-ultimate-wax.html)

JPc300 05-07-2014 11:42 AM

MEGUIARS CLAY AND ULTIMATE WAX

Just curious what everyone else is using. Meguiars ultimate wax is simply amazing. I have never seen a wax this great. The mirror finish it also leaves is just freaking awesome! It took me longer to clay the car than waxing it. It was so easy to apply.

What do you use?

xXHotelCrazyXx 05-07-2014 12:11 PM

Mother's clay and mothers Reflections wax. Expensive, but you can apply it to the entire car in direct sunlight, comes off without any effort and gives me the best shine.

JPc300 05-07-2014 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx (Post 6034358)
Mother's clay and mothers Reflections wax. Expensive, but you can apply it to the entire car in direct sunlight, comes off without any effort and gives me the best shine.

Good to know Hotelcrazy, Because I was looking into Mothers as well. It was the other product I was considering to buy. But Meguiars was like a couple bucks cheaper on both products so I went with Meguiars and I can't say that I regret it.

This wax can also be applied in the sunlight, comes off without any effort and does not stain any plastics or rubber seals white like many other products out there.

Anyone else using these products? Is there anything from personal experience that's leaves a better shine?

oaybar007 05-07-2014 02:19 PM

I'll have to try both of those products!

I've always used Meguiars Gold Class Wax with great success. I wash with Gold Class wash. Clay bar and then a simple coat of wax. It comes off easily with a microfiber towel. Leaves a great shine with good protection.

holycaoAMG 05-07-2014 02:29 PM

I use Meguiars Ultimate product line as well. First is Gold class wash, followed by clay, then Ultimate Polish to add shine, then Ultimate Wax to seal everything up and follow up with Goldclass Carnauba to add depth. Next is Megs tire gel to complete the look. Polish the exhaust tips and metal around the rims and fogs and I'm good to go. Maintenance is followed up with Ultimate detailer and Ultimate Quik Wax.

After product removal and final buff, I let the whole care cure over night before I drive to let the wax, sealant, and tire gel to fully dry and harden.

Personally, I'm most impressed by Megs Ultimate Liquid Wax. Gives a mirror shine that last for several months. It's reasonably priced, easy to apply and remove, lasts, protects, shines, doesn't stain trim, and can be applied in sun. It's great.

TheRulesLawyer 05-07-2014 02:35 PM

I use
But, its specifically for black cars.

JPc300 05-07-2014 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by TheRulesLawyer (Post 6034587)
I use
Amazon.com: Turtle Wax T-3KT Black Box Kit: Automotive
But, its specifically for black cars.

How does it work out hiding swirl marks?

TheRulesLawyer 05-07-2014 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by JPc300 (Post 6034620)
How does it work out hiding swirl marks?

Works pretty well. The big win for me is that it dries black so you don't get as much white wax crusted in cracks around lights and trim.

AZN Optics 05-07-2014 04:24 PM

Are you using Meg's Smooth Surface clay (white clay)? I find that to be a bit too weak. Their professional level clay (blue and red) are good though. I've actually started playing around with the new clay towels (Speedy Prep) and they work really well too. Slightly higher learning curve, but benefit is you can wash it, and it's not toast if you drop it. Also no more time wasted constantly kneeling the clay. Negative is cost and need to polish afterwards, but that's fine if I'm doing a full detail.

Sealant: Blackfire Wet Diamond
Wax: Wolfgang Fuzion

Henry320 05-07-2014 04:44 PM

I use this instead of clay, its awesome

mmike 05-07-2014 06:00 PM

if I'm looking to do a quick wax i use meg's nxt tech wax 2.0, gives a pretty good shine and super easy to apply and buff off

J55TTC 05-08-2014 12:12 PM

The meguiars ultimate quick wax is pretty good as well. I use it after every wash.

If Im going whole hog I prefer collinite 915

Andriy242 05-08-2014 12:46 PM

You guys should try these. They give such an amazing result/
http://www.autoglym-canada.com/produ...finition-wax-2

http://www.chemicalguys.com/BLACK_CA.../wac_307_1.htm

AZN Optics 05-08-2014 01:21 PM

Autoglym HD wax is probably the best OTC wax out there in terms of look, application, and durability.

Collinite 845 is the most durable wax I've seen, easily getting 6+ months worth of protection.

The Chemical Guys product are ok, but for tinted wax Dodo Juice Purple Haze is tough to beat for dark color cars.

LSPs are fairly subjective though and really comes down to what you're looking for when it comes to look.

J55TTC 05-08-2014 01:43 PM

Autoglym hd wax is very good, far cheaper online too don't get it from halfords!

The meguiars stuff is good for a quick fix but durability is crap!

mais821 05-08-2014 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Henry320 (Post 6034787)

Interesting. Haven't seen this product from Nanoskin, but I use the foam pad:
Seems to work pretty well.

Henry320 05-08-2014 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by mais821 (Post 6035973)
Interesting. Haven't seen this product from Nanoskin, but I use the foam pad:
Foam Pad on Amazon
Seems to work pretty well.

Yes its a newer product, I use it with Nano shock. it works wonder

JPc300 05-09-2014 10:16 AM

LOL! This guy on that video lol! Must be his first video. Total FAIL!

Some of you guys use some pretty pricey stuff. I don't know if i'll ever purchase a wax for that kind of money. I feel good about the wax I'm using now and think I'll stick with it. I don't mind re-applying it more often if need be. Although once i'm done with this bottle I might try the coralite and compare.

abqhudson 05-09-2014 10:33 AM

I find Mother's clay much better to work with. YMMV

Project C 05-09-2014 11:00 AM

i search around local can't find mother wax, got the Black box instead but turn out to be no no...maybe i'm a little noob :nix:
got fed up of that step 1 removal and throw them away but i keep those sponge and detailer :smash:
Just came back from shop and got myself Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax and Gold Class Premium Quik Detailer ( a little cheaper than Black Box) :)
Hope this time it works :word:

Project C 05-10-2014 04:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
RELOADED...

Attachment 446678

blue00r6 05-10-2014 10:40 AM

+1 for Meguiars ultimate wax - Although this thread has me curious about the turtle wax black box kit

Project C 05-10-2014 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by blue00r6 (Post 6037543)
+1 for Meguiars ultimate wax - Although this thread has me curious about the turtle wax black box kit

Thanks to everyone's experienced sharing :y
couldn't be happier with Meguiars product :p:

i find Black box step 1 pre wax difficult to remove :nix:
and step 2 wax turn out to be a mess
end up keeping the 2 bottle detailers only
:rolf:

J55TTC 05-10-2014 11:33 AM

The black box by turtle wax was so difficult and made for such hard work I binned it in frustration. Its rubbish!

I had great results on my previous car that was black with the meguiars stuff. There's obviously a lot of fillers in the quick wax as it hides fine swirls very well.... Until the next wash. Beads very well when it rains too.

greasykid 05-11-2014 12:45 PM

Try This for incredible shine

WIZARDS PRODUCTS. Have used many products over 70 yrs of owning approx 100+ cars. Never anything like WIZARDS. As follows on my 2013 C250 COUPE Polar white.

1. Applied Scratch Remover. Really made a difference on surface
scratches and cleaned paint as well as using clay.
2. Next Shine Master-Polish & Sealant. (Polymer Protection)
3. Next Mist-n-Shine ( Professional Detailer).Can be used on all types of
paint,metal,glass,rubber& plastics. Worked great on black rear defuser.
4. Used microfiber cloths on all applications.
5. NO residue of any kind.

I know that this is hard to believe. When I backed the car out of my garage into the bright sun the shine off the paint hurt our eyes.If you want more info go to: wizardsproducts.com

I have no business interests in these products. Just passing my experience.