MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   w204 c250cdi advice needed please. (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/558855-w204-c250cdi-advice-needed-please.html)

moy24 10-05-2014 04:41 AM

w204 c250cdi advice needed please.

Hi im form UK and I have a 2010 c250 cdi saloon amg sports model. I'm thinking of getting it remaped at company called AMD in Essex was told bhp will be increeas of between 35-45 bhp torque 50-70. Question is I'm after a sports performance exhaust system to help the flow and I no I have a diesel but can any one recomend a system that might give a bit deeper exhaust sounds. Been told to get mandrel bend exhaust but not sure what the benefits is of having it.any advice will be appreciated thanks.

moy24 10-05-2014 01:45 PM

Ain't there anyone on here with advice

ickdeep 10-05-2014 02:07 PM

There is a lot of people here but a good majority are in the states and just waking up so might take a day to get a good amount of information

Have you looked into an xpipe?

moy24 10-05-2014 03:35 PM

My bad forgot about the time difference. I haven't heard a lot about the x pipe do you think it might make a difference.

NewtwoMB 10-06-2014 12:06 PM

Hi Moy,

From the UK too. Had my C220 remapped in early 2011 by AMD in Essex and can report that it was worth every penny! Got over 200 bhp (from 167 bhp before) and 369 lbs/ft torque from 312 lbs/ft before).

Haven't done anything about the exhaust though, so can't help you there as most people in the know will tell you it won't make any real difference. If you order a petrol Sport version from the factory it comes with a different exhaust; the diesel Sport doesn't. The X pipe only works for a V6 or V8 engine with separate exhaust headers from each cylinder head. Ours only has the one being an in-line 4.

I might just do a dual exhaust using the (rear box from a C320/C350 CDI) as I think that looks better, cosmetically. This would involve a Y pipe so create the other exhaust pipe for the right side of the vehicle. There's a company in Watford, Herts called CKS that seem to know quite a bit about MB add-ons and exhaust mods. :)

moy24 10-06-2014 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by NewtwoMB (Post 6188976)
Hi Moy,

From the UK too. Had my C220 remapped in early 2011 by AMD in Essex and can report that it was worth every penny! Got over 200 bhp (from 167 bhp before) and 369 lbs/ft torque from 312 lbs/ft before).

Haven't done anything about the exhaust though, so can't help you there as most people in the know will tell you it won't make any real difference. If you order a petrol Sport version from the factory it comes with a different exhaust; the diesel Sport doesn't. The X pipe only works for a V6 or V8 engine with separate exhaust headers from each cylinder head. Ours only has the one being an in-line 4.

I might just do a dual exhaust using the (rear box from a C320/C350 CDI) as I think that looks better, cosmetically. This would involve a Y pipe so create the other exhaust pipe for the right side of the vehicle. There's a company in Watford, Herts called CKS that seem to know quite a bit about MB add-ons and exhaust mods. :)

I'm in contact with AMD just waiting for their reply my cars a c250 cdi with 204bhp AMD say it could go up to 250bhp maybe more I checked cks performance but there exhaust is about £1k but others company out there who can do it for £400 company called cobrasports for example.

moy24 10-08-2014 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by mark134uk (Post 6190436)
i have the same car but 2011, i bought a quad exhaust around 7 months ago,it has improved the sound you get a nice gargle in idle, then you only here the roar in the last part of the gears (or when its raining, not sure why) but overall i was kind of disapointed with the sound but i was expecting the same sound as when a c63 revs but of course im not going to get that unless i get a c63 :)

would also like to get a airfilter to add to the sound at the min ive dropped a k&n in there but it doesnt make any differance,i enjoy the nice mpg but wished i would of gone with the petrol

im due for a new car soon so defiantly going to get the c63

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...4c0684ad70.jpg

Thanks for the reply you car looks nice bro. Yea I wish I had the c250 cgi petrol as the videos on YouTube with sports exhaust sound awesome.but I need a car with good mpg let me no when you put the air filter on and if it makes any difference I no your car won't sound like a petrol but just want it to sound bit better.