MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Picking up my C300 in exactly 11 hours from now (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/576806-picking-up-my-c300-exactly-11-hours-now.html)

dudeitsmattx 03-15-2015 12:42 PM

Sweet! Yeah it looks amazing in the pics! I may do this down the road

jahnadrian 03-16-2015 11:43 PM

Hey Mikster.. This might be a long shot, but are you perhaps the same Mikster that used to be on the My.IS forums ??

I'm JahnIS300, I owned the Turbo blue IS300 which I sold. I also have a 2012 C300 in Palladium silver. Love the car so far with the exception of power.

If it is the same Mikster, glad to see I wasn't alone in the switch!

mikster 03-17-2015 01:45 AM

[QUOTE=jahnadrian;6367084]Hey Mikster.. This might be a long shot, but are you perhaps the same Mikster that used to be on the My.IS forums ??

I'm JahnIS300, I owned the Turbo blue IS300 which I sold. I also have a 2012 C300 in Palladium silver. Love the car so far with the exception of power.

If it is the same Mikster, glad to see I wasn't alone in the switch![/QUOTE

Hey sorry buddy that's a different Mikster. I have never owned a Lexus although am I really glad and happy that I've switched with from BMW. :y

Vdhroso 03-17-2015 10:56 AM

sweet ride dude. Super clean car. Only thing I would do it is throw a black or cf spoiler on the back and call it a day. No need to put any other mods and ruin a perfectly beautiful car like that.

W57thNY 03-17-2015 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by mikster (Post 6364866)
Yea unfortunately I don't have the memory seats. I have seen over 10 c300s locally and have not seen 1 with the memory seats. I was starting to think that was exclusively for c350.

The full power memory passenger seat has always been something that's only been available with the leather package, it also includes a 4-way power lumbar support. You're not going to find the full leather, and passenger memory seat on many C's, regardless of trim.

aznmode 03-17-2015 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by W57thNY (Post 6368265)
The full power memory passenger seat has always been something that's only been available with the leather package, it also includes a 4-way power lumbar support. You're not going to find the full leather, and passenger memory seat on many C's, regardless of trim.

When you say full power do you mean both driver and passengers? I know in the U.S. I've only seen memory on the passengers on the C63 and I think some luxury models. But I do see quite a few sports model with just the driver memory. Mine included and I only have mbtex and not real leather.

W57thNY 03-17-2015 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by aznmode (Post 6368294)
When you say full power do you mean both driver and passengers? I know in the U.S. I've only seen memory on the passengers on the C63 and I think some luxury models. But I do see quite a few sports model with just the driver memory. Mine included and I only have mbtex and not real leather.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. The only cars that will have a 3-position power memory seat for both driver, and passenger seats, are the ones with the full leather package. You'll also notice that there is some stitching underneath the wood, or aluminum door trim, on the armrests, and the leather does not have perforations (if you have perforated seats, they're MB-Tex). Hope that helps.

aznmode 03-18-2015 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by W57thNY (Post 6368305)
Yes, that's what I'm talking about. The only cars that will have a 3-position power memory seat for both driver, and passenger seats, are the ones with the full leather package. You'll also notice that there is some stitching underneath the wood, or aluminum door trim, on the armrests, and the leather does not have perforations (if you have perforated seats, they're MB-Tex). Hope that helps.

I see. Wish I had passenger memory. I hate have to readjust the passenger seat to match mine all the time.

benben01 03-18-2015 04:30 PM

Love the color choice with pano roof.. Time for some staggered 19s and a lowering eh? ;)

mikster 03-19-2015 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by benben01 (Post 6369263)
Love the color choice with pano roof.. Time for some staggered 19s and a lowering eh? ;)

For some reason I feel as if 19s are too big for this car...I'll probably go with staggered 18s.

mikster 03-19-2015 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Vdhroso (Post 6367520)
sweet ride dude. Super clean car. Only thing I would do it is throw a black or cf spoiler on the back and call it a day. No need to put any other mods and ruin a perfectly beautiful car like that.

The cf spoiler is definitely on my list whatcha thing of the cf glossy amg rear diffuser?

aznmode 03-19-2015 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by mikster (Post 6370843)
For some reason I feel as if 19s are too big for this car...I'll probably go with staggered 18s.

I have 19s now and kinda feel the same. It might look better if I lower it but don't really wanna do that. My next set will most likely be 18s.

benben01 03-20-2015 11:58 AM

Lowering mine on H&R SS this weekend on staggered 19s. Will post pics.

TheRulesLawyer 03-20-2015 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Schlitter (Post 6352304)
The pano roof is the only option I wish I could have on my car. You're a lucky guy

I have the pano roof and I'm pretty 'meh' about it. I don't have rear passenger often though and the sticker on it is a little insane. If I had ordered it new I would have got the dynamic suspension instead for the money.

W57thNY 03-20-2015 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by TheRulesLawyer (Post 6371800)
I have the pano roof and I'm pretty 'meh' about it. I don't have rear passenger often though and the sticker on it is a little insane. If I had ordered it new I would have got the dynamic suspension instead for the money.

I could go either way on the panoramic moonroof as well, though I do like how its color accents the car, just not enough to have justified ordering it. The dynamic suspension is nice, but with as well as the standard suspension is tuned, there isn't much need for it.

Haffster 03-22-2015 09:20 PM

Very Nice. Hope you enjoy it for many many miles! Congrats

edgalang 03-22-2015 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by W57thNY (Post 6372119)
I could go either way on the panoramic moonroof as well, though I do like how its color accents the car, just not enough to have justified ordering it. The dynamic suspension is nice, but with as well as the standard suspension is tuned, there isn't much need for it.

I custom ordered mine with both, but I did it with the intention of keeping the car for 10 years/200k miles so I wanted NO REGRETS. The Dynamic handling package definitely changes the persona of the car, while the pano roof creates an open air feeling inside the cabin (especially with a lighter color interior). The Dynamic Handling package however changes the ride so much so that I highly doubt very many people would be willing to drive it in Sport mode for long periods of time, especially with passengers.

It also helps alleviate my internal desire to constantly mod everything I own. So with this car at least, any/all suspension modifications is out of the question (for now).

W57thNY 03-22-2015 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by edgalang (Post 6373808)
I custom ordered mine with both, but I did it with the intention of keeping the car for 10 years/200k miles so I wanted NO REGRETS. The Dynamic handling package definitely changes the persona of the car, while the pano roof creates an open air feeling inside the cabin (especially with a lighter color interior). The Dynamic Handling package however changes the ride so much so that I highly doubt very many people would be willing to drive it in Sport mode for long periods of time, especially with passengers.

It also helps alleviate my internal desire to constantly mod everything I own. So with this car at least, any/all suspension modifications is out of the question (for now).

I special ordered my car too (and according to the window sticker of my W203, so that did person, however that car ended up orphaned), it's the only way you get exactly what you want. I had no idea it was so hard to find a C250 with a leather interior. I'm glad to hear that Dynamic Handling package works well, for me, I had to get the leather interior, multimedia package, KEYLESS GO, and 7 spoke wheels.

It sounds like you'll probably be happy with your car for a good while, I'd be interested to see what could be done with the suspension if anything. Even if you don't do anything to your car, it is a very unique configuration. The only thing I wish I could do to my car was to upgrade the turbo for a bit more torque, and hp.