C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

B Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 05:10 PM

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
2011 C300 Sport, P1, MM, Wood, Heated FS, DIY rearview camera. 2002 QX4
B Service

I briefly searched but haven't found what I wanted.
My B service is due now. I searched online for what are included in B but no clear info. Maintenance manual has a full list but it does not indicate which items are not in B.

Where can I get that? For instance, one dealer says the engine air filter is not in B but the other dealer says is.

Thanks
Old 03-15-2015, 09:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 C350
its couple of things i no for my 350 its lubricating the pano roof, checking the electrical, flushing the brake system and replacing wit new brake fluid, and the drainage system clear that of any water so it dnt get into the car. I think thats it
Old 03-16-2015, 08:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB C220 Sport W204, 18" AMGs, Grey lthr, xenons, p'ktronic, HKardon, Comand nav.
My C220 Sport diesel just had its B service:

Brake test. Replace battery in key fob. Check operation of windshield wipers, windshield and headlamp washers. Replace combination filter (Pollen filter I believe). Check all warning and function lamps in instrument cluster. Check horn. Check map data from Comand system. Read out data from instrument cluster and reset. Check tyres for damage and tread depth. Assess condition of brake discs and pads. Check all underside parts visible for damage and leaks. Check front axle joints for wear and play, check rubber protective boots. Check propeller shaft flex disk for damage / deformation. Check all exterior lights for correct operation, check alignment of headlights and correct if needed. Check windshield condition and wiper blades. Check spare tyre condition and pressure. Check trunk illumination. Check expiry date of first aid kit.
Check air / water duct in engine bay. Inspect brake fluid level. Check windshield washer fluid level and correct Check all visible parts in engine bay for damage and leaks. Check power steering fluid level. Check visible areas of poly-V belt for wear. Check coolant level and antifreeze protection. Report all findings on service data sheet.

The technician does a video of all of the underside checks made and sends this to my smartphone while waiting in the customer reception area.

Service included new engine oil and filter, brake fluid flush and replace. Rust warranty renewed and the 30 year MB Mobilo warranty renewed for a further year (it's a European thing and covers all breakdowns and repatriation of vehicle back to home if abroad at no cost as long as the vehicle is serviced by an approved MB dealer to the correct schedule).