C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

..:: "Silentier" ::.. (Noise and Vibro Isolation)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 11:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W204 - 200CDI
Thumbs up ..:: "Silentier" ::.. (Noise and Vibro Isolation)

Hello all from Bulgaria,

First of all, I would like to say that the forum is great. Found many threads that were useful.

(please excuse if my English is not perfect)

Now let me show what was made to my W204. After a research I found many articles in the internet about noise isolation, sound "boosting" and etc. After that the decision was made - will go to ask a professionalist because it seems very tricky to be done from an amateur like me
Found such guys and after a short conversation on the phone went to their place. They informed me that it will take 2 days for the whole procedure which was:
- to make a good isolation on all 4 doors
- to install 2 usb ports into the armrest console (charged from the lighter with 2 x 12V)
- to move the aux input from the glove box into the armrest console

I would say that after the modification I hear the other cars only if my windows is down - literally. The sound became awesome - there is a lot of bass, middle and high frequencies are louder ... There aren't any vibration sounds or anything else, except the music From outside - you can hear only some bass and it is very silented

For the isolation it was used ~37 sheets of Silent Coat 2mm Vibrodamping Mat and ~9 sheets of Silent Coat Noise Inslulator 4.

Later will upload and the images of the armrest console and the aux + usb inside it.

And here are the most important pictures of the noise isolation work:
Attached Thumbnails ..:: "Silentier" ::.. (Noise and Vibro Isolation)-dsc_0035.jpg-copy.jpg   ..:: "Silentier" ::.. (Noise and Vibro Isolation)-dsc_0043.jpg.jpg   ..:: "Silentier" ::.. (Noise and Vibro Isolation)-dsc_0050.jpg.jpg   ..:: "Silentier" ::.. (Noise and Vibro Isolation)-dsc_0051.jpg.jpg   ..:: "Silentier" ::.. (Noise and Vibro Isolation)-dsc_0066.jpg.jpg  

..:: "Silentier" ::.. (Noise and Vibro Isolation)-dsc_0070.jpg.jpg  
Old 03-26-2015, 12:32 PM

MB C220 Sport W204, 18" AMGs, Grey lthr, xenons, p'ktronic, HKardon, Comand nav.
Well done - good to hear that you're happy. How did the engine noise decrease, if at all? That's what I need to achieve, as I already have the Harmon Kardon Premium Surround Sound 5.1 system.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:49 PM

W204 - 200CDI
Originally Posted by NewtwoMB
Well done - good to hear that you're happy. How did the engine noise decrease, if at all? That's what I need to achieve, as I already have the Harmon Kardon Premium Surround Sound 5.1 system.
I am not sure if it has any difference compared to the engine sound before and after the isolation.